Multimillion Dollar DR Race Week 9?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Multimillion Dollar DR Race Week 9?

Post by Abby Brooks »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago
you know that's a lie. But I understand your point since you are already on team let's inflate our potential stud earnings
Hypos are king is the truest statement there is when it comes to breeding. Obviously some people do it different, but it’s what really makes or breaks studs, not earnings.
so then if hypos are king and career earnings doesn't play a role in the decision making when choosing a stud, there is no reason to have player created races with large inflated purses. More reason to place a cap and exchange your bet wagers after the race is ran.

Also..correct me wrong but inflation is the overall increase of money/item OVER time. If this race is fully sponsored by the simmers..it's moving money around not inflating the actual "dollar" of the sim. It will be inflating stud earnings which to me..doesn't really matter. If I was presented with a great 8million earner that hypos okay vs a 500k earner with a better proven pedigree for my mare that hypos okay..I'm going to go to the 500k earner. My choices may not match other simsters, but that's the fun of the game..We choose who to breed to and you (generalized) cannot fully control that beyond specific measures that have previously been complained about which is an entirely different situation that does not belong on this thread. Stop stressing about things you cant control and you'll enjoy this game a lot more.

If we are so concerned about "inflation" why are graded races in general so cheap to enter in terms of fees? It's a risk throwing your horse agaisnt the best of the best in these races on multiple fronts.. Seems like a place to start. Either way I like this idea Nini and I think its an awesome thing to put together but just needs some fine details worked out.
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Rocki Ryoliza wrote: 3 years ago

Hypos are king is the truest statement there is when it comes to breeding. Obviously some people do it different, but it’s what really makes or breaks studs, not earnings.
so then if hypos are king and career earnings doesn't play a role in the decision making when choosing a stud, there is no reason to have player created races with large inflated purses. More reason to place a cap and exchange your bet wagers after the race is ran.

Also..correct me wrong but inflation is the overall increase of money/item OVER time. If this race is fully sponsored by the simmers..it's moving money around not inflating the actual "dollar" of the sim. It will be inflating stud earnings which to me..doesn't really matter. If I was presented with a great 8million earner that hypos okay vs a 500k earner with a better proven pedigree for my mare that hypos okay..I'm going to go to the 500k earner. My choices may not match other simsters, but that's the fun of the game..We choose who to breed to and you (generalized) cannot fully control that beyond specific measures that have previously been complained about which is an entirely different situation that does not belong on this thread. Stop stressing about things you cant control and you'll enjoy this game a lot more.

If we are so concerned about "inflation" why are graded races in general so cheap to enter in terms of fees? It's a risk throwing your horse agaisnt the best of the best in these races on multiple fronts.. Seems like a place to start. Either way I like this idea Nini and I think its an awesome thing to put together but just needs some fine details worked out.
Not once did I mention inflation in terms of overall sim inflation, i was referring to the horse earnings which would be inflated due to this special created race. Def not stressing over anything. For the record I never said this was a bad idea.
I said it needs a tweek as in a cap in the purse amt so that the 6-7 mill doesn't just get put right into the horse earnings.
Either way with how aggressive your post is towards my response sounds like you are the one stressing.

The public forum is a place for all of us to express our thoughts whether you agree with them or not. No need to come on here as Nini's Savior, she doesn't need your protection.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I think a cool idea could be give the horse that finished last 1 mill buy in back but the rest goes to top 3
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I think it is fun in theory, but I don’t think that the division really needs more big races. If anything DR needs more listed stakes...I feel like so few people run meh DR that the system has slowly gotten rid of them or something. On numerous occasions I find myself trying to enter a low level stakes and having no listed stakes options over the two open entering weeks...unless I want to fly my meh stakes horse 10,000 miles to a random place for one race that they might not even win 🤪

I personally wouldn’t participate for obvious reasons...I don’t think I have a horse that would hit the board let alone win!

The same horses seem to run against each other in every single big race and there are so many of the for DR, why would we add one more? The only reason I can see people wanting to do this is “rich players” wanting to boost their horse’s earnings/personal racing stats/whatever.

So with that being said I am on team cap the purse money at $2-3 mil (or whatever) and distribute the additional prize money after.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

RZ I would agree with you that DR is the richest group we have but this is different since the players are actually putting up the money so in a sense 7 or so players would actually be losing 1 mill and only a couple would be gaining
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Another big money dirt route race. Booorrring - except to the usuals with the big dirt route horses.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

It's gambling! Put up or shut up, run what you brung, heads up racing. (to the death) Love it, wish i had an established DR to try it out. Race of the century.
;p
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Xander Zone wrote: 3 years ago RZ I would agree with you that DR is the richest group we have but this is different since the players are actually putting up the money so in a sense 7 or so players would actually be losing 1 mill and only a couple would be gaining
Okay, let them do it, but make the race so it doesn’t effect the horse’s actual race record. Essentially a simulated race...a simulated sim race lol

To me this is just a way for select players to boost their egos with higher than “normal” possible earning horses, and inflating player stats.

If this is allowed what’s to stop players from creating private match races between their horses for absurd amounts. That wouldn’t be allowed? So why would this? because it’s “open to everyone”, is it though? Only people who are willing to set a million sim dollars on fire would enter, which is an incredibly small portion of the sim community.

The game year doesn’t have to be filled with big multi million dollar races every other week 🤷‍♀️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Since this thread seems to be going off the rails I'll try and get it back on track by saying I'm definitely in for this. On the original post it's indicated that the Steward has already signed off on this, so the purpose of this thread is to find if other players are interested in participating, not to crap all over an idea that Nini has already put in a ton of work for and ran by management.

Does it make one lick of difference if a horse ends up with higher earnings because of a race like this? Of course not. Can anyone point to a tangible negative? It doesn't make them better stallions, faster runners, or instant hall of famers. It just means that they ran in a race with a big purse, and is slightly below a JPG of a trophy in prestige.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

RZ let players do and be glad they are not racing vs your horses leaving a race for you to win !
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Xander Zone wrote: 3 years ago RZ let players do and be glad they are not racing vs your horses leaving a race for you to win !
That is definitely a plus, but what happens if a horse who wins this race ends up being the games highest earner? Well then potentially the only way to beat that record is by hosting a race just like this, meaning it’s not achievable by anyone. There are so many little things that will be effected.

As I said in my first post, it is a fun idea, but I don’t see it being beneficial to the game itself.

My opinion has nothing to do with Nini or whether or not The Steward agreed to it. I’m sure you guys had to ask “the public” to make it seem fair, but I’m sure everyone who would want to participate, as well as have enough money for the buy in, was included in the PM chain.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

If Witted didn’t run so terrible in week 6, I’d do it. But he was awful so I wouldn’t waste my million. I do like the idea though!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago
Xander Zone wrote: 3 years ago RZ let players do and be glad they are not racing vs your horses leaving a race for you to win !
That is definitely a plus, but what happens if a horse who wins this race ends up being the games highest earner? Well then potentially the only way to beat that record is by hosting a race just like this, meaning it’s not achievable by anyone. There are so many little things that will be effected.
The all time earnings record is $17M+. There's no danger that this record is impacted by this one race.

There was a $5M race run last year with player funded money. I didn't see a single complaint about that one.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote:
Xander Zone wrote: RZ let players do and be glad they are not racing vs your horses leaving a race for you to win !
The all time earnings record is $17M+. There's no danger that this record is impacted by this one race.

There was a $5M race run last year with player funded money. I didn't see a single complaint about that one.
The player who funded the race had nothing to gain from it, and it was “only” 5 million, which doesn’t exceed any current race purse in the sim. Not to mention it was a match race and only 2 purses and the breeder award were paid out, the remainder was taken out of the game. And of course the players involved needed an incentive to pass up running in the big race already happening that week.

As for earnings, I’m not saying the winning horse would magically become the highest earning horse in the sim...Allowing this race will be setting a precedent, which could lead to others hosting them in other divisions to benefit themselves. And now there is a $10 million dollar G1 race for TR and the highest earnings is beaten. Is that horse deserving of unseating the current highest earner?

Stallion earnings per start, player earnings & average earnings per start, are all effected.

Where would the line be? What’s to stop someone from declaring they are making a prestigious race that has a 10 million dollar entry fee, but don’t worry, it’s okay, its open to everyone who wants to enter.

There is zero difference financially to host a 2-3 million dollar race for “the books” and manually distributing the remaining amount between the top 5 finishers.

The unwillingness to even consider it, to me it seems like the purpose is to skew and inflate numbers and stats for the players and horses involved.

I’ve said my peace 🤷‍♀️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago