Do *Stallion* abilities change?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Do *Stallion* abilities change?

Post by Emily Mitchell »

My guess is no. I've always assumed so at least. The retired stallion has a set of values and that's it they don't change. Foals can get "the slide" and of course the mare influences success too, but the values the stud throws are the same.

I'm questioning this suddenly because one of my homebred studs (Discord) that B+ hypoed a lot last year is suddenly throwing loads of A- and solid A hypos from mares that don't always get those. I'm legit shocked. :lol:

Did I just find a magic cross, or, do abilities actually ever change?
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Do *Stallion* abilities change?

Post by Andrew Chillin »

More likely you found better mares. Most hypos I’ve done seem to suggest a female dominance in hypomating or raw breeding ability
;p
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Wow from $3,500 to $50k huh? That is a big jump! lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

As far as I know, stallion and mare ability cannot change, it’s fixed from birth to death. If there was a change it also could not have happened yet, gallops change day 7 after barrier trials so I assume it would be the same for breeding ability if it was a thing.

I’ve checked some hypos for mares and studs to see if something is amiss but hypos seem in order. It might just be the mares you’ve found are better.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Louise Bayou wrote: 2 years ago Wow from $3,500 to $50k huh? That is a big jump! lol
some people ignore low cost studs *shrug* I dunno

people are free to breed or just the same- not breed, and I'm always open to negotiate

Was just trying to find out in this thread if stallion abilities do ever actually change
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

They don't change over their lifetime.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG