The Exchange

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

The Exchange

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Hey-oh

If you need SIM money the Exchange is currently low on offers (currently just 3) to exchange GP for SIM cash.

8-) 8-) 8-)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Re: The Exchange

Post by Emily Mitchell »

BUMP currently zero offers to exchange SIM money for GPs!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The rates are not great. Looking for 10 or less =)

Pay Sim Dollars To Get Game Points Exchange Rate Action
$165,000 10,000 GPs 16.50

$175,000 10,000 GPs 17.50

$170,000 10,000 GPs 17.00

$165,000 10,000 GPs 16.50

$150,000 10,000 GPs 15.00
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Meh, I did it anyway. lol

Need GPs desperately sometimes and my wallet is not exactly deep :lol:
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Yea the rates for those shopping for game points haven't been good for a while. I like Pete try to always stay under 10 but I haven't seen anything that good recently and my offers in that range haven't gotten any nibbles. I finally had to break down and do a 15 as my custom barns were about to expire. We need some big stewardbred auctions STAT so those of us that exclusively use the exchange for game points can refill our coffers.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Twas a real bummer when I finally got to the point in the game I could start buying GP with S$ instead of RL$...and then the exchange rates promptly went all wonky when GP Auctions were introduced 💔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 years ago Yea the rates for those shopping for game points haven't been good for a while. I like Pete try to always stay under 10 but I haven't seen anything that good recently and my offers in that range haven't gotten any nibbles. I finally had to break down and do a 15 as my custom barns were about to expire. We need some big stewardbred auctions STAT so those of us that exclusively use the exchange for game points can refill our coffers.
I second this!
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Well markets fluctuate, as someone who spends real $ on the game I wouldn’t take less than 14:1...so it goes in cycles
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I’ve never seen it below 10. Maybe that’s because the reverse is usually available for 10-10.5, so it ever falls below 10 you could turn a quick simbux profit back on the other side of the exchange. I doubt any offers less than 10 would be up for more than a few seconds. And it would be crazy to list GPS for less than 10 when you could just spend your gps and get a better deal by just buying the simbux for the many 10 or even up to 11 offers usually there.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

I have done big deals buying GP for Simbucks, multimillion dollar deals if the price has been right. That being said, if I can't get in at a 12.5-14 range, then I don't buy any.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 2 years ago I’ve never seen it below 10. Maybe that’s because the reverse is usually available for 10-10.5, so it ever falls below 10 you could turn a quick simbux profit back on the other side of the exchange. I doubt any offers less than 10 would be up for more than a few seconds. And it would be crazy to list GPS for less than 10 when you could just spend your gps and get a better deal by just buying the simbux for the many 10 or even up to 11 offers usually there.
And I'm not just saying the exchanges is dead because there are no offers of 10 or lower, I admittedly usually get my game points by putting out offers rather than taking up the existing ones, and currently my offers in the 10 range are getting no where which isn't surprising given that there is a boat load of them up there. By comparison there were a bunch of stewardbred auctions right on top of one another at the beginning of Year 56 and my offers were getting swept up almost instantaneously. I kept offering $500,000 in sim cash and asking for more and more game points in return and got people to take me up on it all the way up to a 6.25 rate (80,000 game points for the $500,000). That is not happening right now.

As others have said it's all supply and demand. Cash stewardbred auctions are the time where there is the greatest demand on sim cash.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 years ago
Gigi Gofaster wrote: 2 years ago I’ve never seen it below 10. Maybe that’s because the reverse is usually available for 10-10.5, so it ever falls below 10 you could turn a quick simbux profit back on the other side of the exchange. I doubt any offers less than 10 would be up for more than a few seconds. And it would be crazy to list GPS for less than 10 when you could just spend your gps and get a better deal by just buying the simbux for the many 10 or even up to 11 offers usually there.
And I'm not just saying the exchanges is dead because there are no offers of 10 or lower, I admittedly usually get my game points by putting out offers rather than taking up the existing ones, and currently my offers in the 10 range are getting no where which isn't surprising given that there is a boat load of them up there. By comparison there were a bunch of stewardbred auctions right on top of one another at the beginning of Year 56 and my offers were getting swept up almost instantaneously. I kept offering $500,000 in sim cash and asking for more and more game points in return and got people to take me up on it all the way up to a 6.25 rate (80,000 game points for the $500,000). That is not happening right now.

As others have said it's all supply and demand. Cash stewardbred auctions are the time where there is the greatest demand on sim cash.
Yours is the reverse of Pete's ratio though. Pete is listing the ones where people are offering GPs, and the sim bux they are asking for. I have NEVER seen those go below about 14. In your case, offering up the sim cash, then I would say a fair or typical deal for buyers (that is, those spending GPs to buy sim cash), is in the 10-11 range, but you are right, during stew sales, people will take up much lower rates - great for those like yourself with simcash to sell. Right now though it is quiet - no stew sales to drive demand for simbux, and not close enough to last minute retiring/breeding for a high demand for GPs.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Things have been really slow on the Game Point front lately, because we had those two mini GP 1/2 day and a real one bam bam bam, and so everyone has game points and nothing to spend it on.

Luckily we do have some cool new features that are close, but that would require me to be a functioning human for more than a few minutes in a row to get them online!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago Things have been really slow on the Game Point front lately, because we had those two mini GP 1/2 day and a real one bam bam bam, and so everyone has game points and nothing to spend it on.

Luckily we do have some cool new features that are close, but that would require me to be a functioning human for more than a few minutes in a row to get them online!
Oooh, exciting :333
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

Maybe the exchange is heading to where it should have always been with the rates !