Advice on a Freak?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Advice on a Freak?

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I thought he'd be pure turf sprint... but, I wanted to ask for opinions because he's not performing as I'd hoped.

Should I try a mile? Should I try AW? What do you think

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1316111
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Re: Advice on a Freak?

Post by Xander Zone »

He ran a 92 winning that says to me turf sprint . The next two starts you ran in two of the biggest g1 for ts 2 year olds in the game and ran sub par but now you are back in a good spot that should prove more what he is .
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I agree with Xander. He had a couple subpar efforts against some of the top horses in the division who very well could be freaks as well.

One thing I see is that he might not have been fit. Only reason I ask this is because he only had 2 timed works (none with the right equip) and his training schedule seemed very minimal. I don’t see that he was ever jogged which tells me you prob don’t know if he is fit.

Many people don’t believe in fitness, but believe me it plays a big part especially if all the others are fit and yours is lacking.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Pretty sure most, if not all, of the horses in those two G1s are freaks, and if they're not, they're probably stakes just shy of the freak threshold. Your horse beat Leia in the G2, who then won the G1, and then finished 7th in the most recent G1. Basically, even if they're all freaks, someone has to finish last. I'd give him the confidence boost and then go back to stakes. Not sure I'd try turf mile or AW - the dam side doesn't really suggest either option. That doesn't mean it is impossible, but that wouldn't be the first thing I switch up. Good luck with him!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Agreed with everyone else. Besides Saturnalia himself, there's little to suggest that he's anything but TS. The confidence boost should do him good!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.