Game Point Money Drain Ideas

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Game Point Money Drain Ideas

Post by Danny Derby »

For a fee of 10-15K GP, you can add flowers to the headshots of your Steward's Cup winners. (actual amount TBD, I have no idea on how much effort involved)

Pretty sure people would spend a bunch on this, and keep the artists busy for ages :D
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: Game Point Money Drain Ideas

Post by Gwayne's World »

A game point driven trackside restaurant and bar.

A real menu chock full of all your favorite fake foods and drinks.

Perfect for those who are trying to lose weight or dry out!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Create a Dream race. Matchup horses from different eras on a selected Surface/Distance and see how they run. Dream Situation vs Happy Snowman.

It was always said that Sidney had AW ability, see how he would do on All Weather against Thermodynamic and others.

It could cost a set number of Game Points to create a match race and additional SIM money to increase the number of horses allowed in the race.

That may be a difficult thing to create/code, but I would definitely find it interesting.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago For a fee of 10-15K GP, you can add flowers to the headshots of your Steward's Cup winners. (actual amount TBD, I have no idea on how much effort involved)

Pretty sure people would spend a bunch on this, and keep the artists busy for ages :D
I have asked a few times if Devon Fancy could have a blanket appropriate for her trotter fillies' triple crown. My suggestion was a blanket of beer can ring pulls. I WOULD pay 15K GPs for that!
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago For a fee of 10-15K GP, you can add flowers to the headshots of your Steward's Cup winners. (actual amount TBD, I have no idea on how much effort involved)

Depends on if all the artists have the original files saved :P Like for me, I keep every single photoshop file Ive made ever so that if a horse wins a TC race, I can add the flowers... I don't know about the others.

But before you ask, no I don't have Portrait In Death's... she, Mexican Tiara and Prayers are the exceptions to that lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Who needs all that stuff ?

The Exchange does it all... drains your Sim dollars and the GPs bought go like hotcakes for things like Equipment and talent checks, barrier trials, regular headshots...etc...lol.

At least that is my experience. :P ;)

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Garret Folsom wrote: 2 years ago Create a Dream race. Matchup horses from different eras on a selected Surface/Distance and see how they run. Dream Situation vs Happy Snowman.

It was always said that Sidney had AW ability, see how he would do on All Weather against Thermodynamic and others.

It could cost a set number of Game Points to create a match race and additional SIM money to increase the number of horses allowed in the race.

That may be a difficult thing to create/code, but I would definitely find it interesting.
Having said what I said in my prior post... this is still a cool idea. : )
I love match races...and even enjoy those kind I've seen on the internet where one can match up horses of prior eras to modern ones. : )

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Game points for equipment checks?
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I agree with Stormy, I don’t have a single problem spending game points, lol
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

My suggestion was to improve the create a mare mares so that they actually give you decent mares instead of 95% no potential or maybe potential ones.

I personally would love to add some fresh AW miler blood into my barn as all my mares are from certain lines lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 2 years ago Game points for equipment checks?
It costs 500 GPs to check equipment for a horse.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Nena Olson wrote: 2 years ago My suggestion was to improve the create a mare mares so that they actually give you decent mares instead of 95% no potential or maybe potential ones.

I personally would love to add some fresh AW miler blood into my barn as all my mares are from certain lines lol
I've literally been asking for that for at least 10 Sim years or more. I even started a note on my phone coming up with good GP stallions to add to it. But it never got anywhere so I just deleted it.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago Who needs all that stuff ?

The Exchange does it all... drains your Sim dollars and the GPs bought go like hotcakes for things like Equipment and talent checks, barrier trials, regular headshots...etc...lol.

Stormy
I think the problem is that the Exchange doesn't take simbux or GPs out of the game, and if they keep circling around players or getting saved up (per the Steward's forum post), then the sim economy becomes flooded. Don't get me wrong, I love the exchange, it's saved me many times!

I think Danny's idea was to look for ways for people to spend game points that gets them out of the game. That keeps the simconomy in check, and of course encourages more people to buy more game points with cash, keeping the Sim afloat. So, yes, GPs do go out of the game for the things you mention, but they need to be going more and faster.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Nena Olson wrote: 2 years ago My suggestion was to improve the create a mare mares so that they actually give you decent mares instead of 95% no potential or maybe potential ones.

CAM and CAH are long overdue for an overhaul that actually makes them useful.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 2 years ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago Who needs all that stuff ?

Stormy
I think the problem is that the Exchange doesn't take simbux or GPs out of the game, and if they keep circling around players or getting saved up (per the Steward's forum post), then the sim economy becomes flooded. Don't get me wrong, I love the exchange, it's saved me many times!

I think Danny's idea was to look for ways for people to spend game points that gets them out of the game. That keeps the simconomy in check, and of course encourages more people to buy more game points with cash, keeping the Sim afloat. So, yes, GPs do go out of the game for the things you mention, but they need to be going more and faster.
Exactly this. They are circling around which is lovely, but they need to be drawn out.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG