My New Stallions Retiring This Year

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

My New Stallions Retiring This Year

Post by Danny Derby »

There's four major names from the Danny Derby barn entering stud this year, one already retired and three more that will retire Week 16. Details on each are below, I appreciate in advance any mares you consider for these boys, and cheer them home in their Week 16 races!

I Am Inevitable - Earned $5.1M on track, taking marquee races like the Steward's Cup, Silver Slipper, Desert Turf Sprint and Saudi Turf Sprint. He's already retired, and standing for the low price of $22K.

Poet's Corner - I adore this son of Skyfall by Blue Bayou who has earned over $6M on track to date. Already a 7 time G1 winner and a runner up in last year's Steward's Cup Classic, he's hoping to cap off his career with a win in the big race this year. Super excited to see him at stud, expectations are very high for him.

Togo - Last year's champion sprinter and Steward's Cup winner is looking to repeat in two weeks. He's already earned over $4M on track, and is the only horse ever to beat the great filly Age of Scorpio. He's from one of the top dirt sprint bloodlines in the game, with his sister Diabolical X having earned over $7M. As sure fire as a prospect there is, he'll be joining the stallion roster soon.

Danon Glorious - I was instantly drawn to this horse as one of the few chances remaining to have a son of Deep Impact, and he hasn't disappointed. Although he's fallen short in some races, he's almost always involved in the finish and has still managed to earn nearly $4M so far while picking up many G1 wins of his own. He'll finish his career in a race that's still TBD, possibly may even try him in the Steward's Cup Mile. Can't wait to have a son of Deep Impact in my stallion barn.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: My New Stallions Retiring This Year

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Doesn’t this belong in the breeding section?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Tbf, 3 out of 4 are still racing
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I have a few mares that will be sent to Danon Glorious when he retires.

Most of my 'Foremost' mares are more comfortable around the distances of 1 1/16 to 1 1/4 miles. I've been trying to add some sire bloodline that will get me some foals that can more easily manage 1 1/2 miles - wanna cross the Arc off my bucket list some day. :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago Doesn’t this belong in the breeding section?
This was intended *tongue in cheek*...sorry if any misunderstood.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago Doesn’t this belong in the breeding section?
My tiny brain just shorted out :lol:
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Just a few days left before these guys have their final career starts, and I've already got lots of mares lined up for them. Haven't been this excited about a group of retiring studs in ages!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago Just a few days left before these guys have their final career starts, and I've already got lots of mares lined up for them. Haven't been this excited about a group of retiring studs in ages!
This is one of the reasons why this game is great. A guy that's pretty much done everything you can in this game still gets this kind of excitement. Congrats on this impressive group Danny!!! I'll have to see if I have any mares left, or buy some more!!!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

All are now retired and OMG Danon Glorious hypos amazing not just as a Turf Router but also as a Turf Miler! Best of luck to everyone who sends their mares to any of these four.