Y58 Steward's Cup: Who ya got?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jimmy Jewell
Sprinter

Re: Y58 Steward's Cup: Who ya got?

Post by Jimmy Jewell »

I have my first ever SC entrant :D

Infomthedark is entered in the 2yo Turf Dash.

He's the first decent horse to race for our little stable, (in music terms it's a bit like having David Gilmour or Brian May come and gig with the band !), and it'll be a hoot to race with the top stables !!

happy racing all
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Jimmy Jewell wrote: 2 years ago I have my first ever SC entrant :D

Infomthedark is entered in the 2yo Turf Dash.

He's the first decent horse to race for our little stable, (in music terms it's a bit like having David Gilmour or Brian May come and gig with the band !), and it'll be a hoot to race with the top stables !!

happy racing all
Your link to your horse doesn't work (no url address)
so here ya go : )

Infromthedark

He looks like a really nice horse, best of luck with him.

----
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jimmy Jewell
Sprinter

Post by Jimmy Jewell »

Cheers for that Stormy..
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

I'm going to have my first SC horse this year!

Fire in Shadows is a homebred in the Juvenile Fillies Sprint. Hoping she'll run well, but not expecting anything - it's a packed field already with a lot of really nice horses. I'm here for the fun of having an SC horse, anything else is a bonus.
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I decided to scratch Roughian from the Filly and Mare Turf for a few reasons.

~I have 2 other mares in the race, Extreme Ways and Rumors...and... I have only 2 top notch jockeys.
My other jockeys are good but still a step down in quality. So, in having 3 horses in the race, that meant 2 were going to get my best jockeys and 1 was going to have to settle for a jockey that wasn't quite as good. A minor thing, but sometimes those minor things make the difference between getting under the wire by a nose over a competitor.

~I entered Roughian into the Arima Kiren, another GI in Asia, and in kind of a poetic ending...she'll run her last race against the boys...which is what she often did in her career. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I have a small handful. I was pretty proud of my smaller stable having this many entrants until I saw your bunch, Leavitt!

Feel Wanted has been incredibly fun to race, and will likely be making her last start in the Distaff Pace. I can't wait for a foal from her by Prodigal Son.

I Got Rhythm is probably going to be bumped. Again. I thought for certain she had enough points this time to make the field, unlike the last G1 she entered, but I suppose not. Only my second or crop of Paints since I bred ONE foal twenty-seven years ago.

Seeker of Light is in the Arabian Ladies Dash. I haven't been into Arabians for very long (she is from my second crop of them; I bred a few twenty years ago and then stopped), so I'm pretty happy having a SC entrant in the breed.

And, of course, I have two going in the Classic. Can't Take the Sky earned his spot this year, although I have a feeling there is going to be a hot pace that might crush his chances. In that case, my BIG horse War Like Me will have a perfect set up.

I'm still debating entering Sky Full of Stars in the Distaff. Anyone have any thoughts?
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 2 years ago I have a small handful. I was pretty proud of my smaller stable having this many entrants until I saw your bunch, Leavitt!

Feel Wanted has been incredibly fun to race, and will likely be making her last start in the Distaff Pace. I can't wait for a foal from her by Prodigal Son.

I Got Rhythm is probably going to be bumped. Again. I thought for certain she had enough points this time to make the field, unlike the last G1 she entered, but I suppose not. Only my second or crop of Paints since I bred ONE foal twenty-seven years ago.

Seeker of Light is in the Arabian Ladies Dash. I haven't been into Arabians for very long (she is from my second crop of them; I bred a few twenty years ago and then stopped), so I'm pretty happy having a SC entrant in the breed.

And, of course, I have two going in the Classic. Can't Take the Sky earned his spot this year, although I have a feeling there is going to be a hot pace that might crush his chances. In that case, my BIG horse War Like Me will have a perfect set up.

I'm still debating entering Sky Full of Stars in the Distaff. Anyone have any thoughts?
Sky Full of Stars beat some decent four year old's week 9. Wouldn't be a shock if she showed up big in the Distaff.
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Pink Balloon is my only enterant. She is entered in the Filly Turf Dash.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

This is the first year I have multiple "legitimate" entrants, so I am tentatively letting myself hope that someone makes some money.

Dense Fog is probably my best contender, in the Synthetic Dash for two year old AWS colts. He's a special one to me and there is quite a bit of story attached to him, and once I get his headshot business sorted out, I'll write it up in a separate post. He's definitely beatable, though he has also beaten just about everything else in his crop. The issue here is that he is what is colloquially known as a "little turd", and only runs fast to spite me when I'm mad at him, so watch him tank this race just for kicks. Especially since I imagine Hartfelt Sin will be out for revenge and that guy's a beast.

Lost in the Zone is in the route race for two year old appaloosa fillies. She improved to freak mid-season and romped her prep, so while she's far from the best horse in a very full field, I hope she has a shot at money. Mixers are a recipe for surprises.

Something Beautiful was intended for the two year old TM fillies, but that field is full and then some, and she had a rocky start to the season and doesn't really have the points. I do think she has the class for stakes level though; she was one of the top workers as a yearling and has run nicely in her last two races, so unless the SC race radically empties, she'll take on the Los Camp boys. Mess around and find out, etc. She's named after a song I love by Tim Halperin (the chorus starts with "under the starlight", so while naming her I remembered that upon seeing her sire Under Stars' name).

Follow the Lights is the headache. She is the darling child in my stable, my first major league runner, and while she doesn't win as often as some, in a 16-race career she has run in 11 G1s with a record there of 11:3-2-2, and fourth in a 14-horse SC field in the FM Turf last year when Insignia Imperalis, Roughian, and Amor Perdido took the podium positions. If I had run her more gently, she would perhaps have cleaned up in a lower circuit somewhere, but I don't regret pushing her hard - if I didn't, she would never have won the Dubai Duty Free. She's a first-start improver out of an unpredictable mare and I'm a sucker for an underdog story, so I do want her in one of the big races to cap off the season. She won't win any of them, but the question is where might she do best?? I had her in the FM Turf for a bit since she did nicely there last year, but this year that race is absolutely stacked with freaky talent so I'm a little spooked. At the moment, she's in the Turf with the boys, but I don't know if she'll stay there. She could reroute to Arima Kinen, or go Melbourne? The issue is that I still haven't gotten a handle on her preferred distance... wise folks suggest a shorter route is her game, where she's had more wins, but she's also won a G1 at 1½ miles, and ran a measly half length behind Danon Glorious and Lightout at 2 miles (after leading the whole race which isn't really her jam, and beating marathon master Men Stroll Rage), so I am stumped. I don't want to handicap her more than necessary but I'm still too dumb at this game to know what the smartest decision would be.

tl;dr Foggy makes me tear my hair out because he's an idiot, Lights makes me tear my hair out because I'm an idiot, the others are good kids for participating even if they run last

Also they're all homebreds so that's pretty fun for my dinky stable
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

This year's SC is right next to my farm in Arkansas so it's basically a home Super Bowl for me. Consequently, I'm throwing pretty much everything in.

Probably my best hope is Core of Nature, coming off an unusual prep schedule into the Juvenile Fillies. She has an adorable "TIM" pedigree - by Man in Motion and out of a mare by my good friend Raleigh. Everything indicates she wants to go longer and be older, and this is a stacked field. But anything can happen.

The rest of my entries are Hail Maries, just for fun:

I'm putting my money where my mouth is (?) and trying Phanomaly at a mile.

Owl Be There is a fun "stakes" galloper trying the Juvenile.

I have two in the Bunburette - Goldminersdaughter (due to workouts) and Old People (due to name).

Mockingbird, my only sprinter in training, hopes to not get bounced in the Juvenile Fillies Sprint, even though she is a cut below the rest of the field. (It is someone's job to pick up the rear and make sure the other horses finish.)

Finally, freak siblings Head Home and In Between Days will contest the long DR races.

Notably absent is my best friend Jerusalem, who will look to make it 2/3 in the 2yo turf triple.

We at Lake Hamilton Stables thank you for your patronage and wish you all the best of luck. May Arakansas treat you kindly.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I added more SC runners? That’s the opposite of what usually happens 🤔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Juvenile Fillies
Echovesna
Wildvogel

Ladies Route
Hope Like Fire
Lost you Later

Marathon
Karazhan

F&M Turf Sprint
Zygadenine
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I have 12 arabian runners sqeezed into only four SC races. My biggest hope by far is Mighty Tofu

Then I have a few chasers. Perhaps Brilliant Actor can repeat her victory from last year. She was also a stakes on the flat. Will be interesting to retire her after the SC.

Several 2 yo mixers that might win some money. 55 SC starts in total.

Will be a really interesting week. This is my list:

AW
Synthetic Mile: Iure Matris -Has a chance to win. =4th
Synthetic Matron Buckhurst Hill -Cause she surprisingly defended the AWR Champion Crown.
Synthetic Sprint Pretty decent- Won´t win but is pretty decent.
Synthetic Distaff Ventaritan -Surprised in the past. =5th

Chasers
Steeplechase Lalor winning -Bought at auction. Nice SF in the past.
Distaff chase Brilliant actor -See intro text.
Marathon chase Something lalor -Bought at auction. Still good?
Gold Cup Little red hamster - Like the name.
Derby chase I wish I was lalor,Polks lalor - Having lalor in the name seems to be a winning move? =No.
Oaks chase Burgoon - Cant miss a chaser race, but small chance of win.

Harness
Juvenile fillies trot That's pretty cool -Doubtful entry, but why not.
Juvenile fillies pace Christmas egg,Inside the egg -putting all eggs in the same basket. =4th
Open Pace Highland wiggle -another long shot =4th
Open Trot Das ist Verkauft -Paid Jurgen Ver to breed this horse.

Arabians
Arabian Classic Mighty Tofu,Seiki Nishimoto,Gamle svarten - Mighty Tofu has been, well, mighty lately. =2nd, 4th
Arabian Distaff As if it matters,Get the picture,Mamma Liza -I think Mamma Liza will take this one
Arabian Dash Chris Isaak,Paddagon,Polly want cracker -One of them in the money? 2nd, 3rd, 5th
Ladies Dash Gp nangai,No news at Y front,Skeinagon -They will all be beaten by Dragon Princess Z

Appaloosa
Appaloosa Juvenile Fillies Daub the gel,Super Mac -Super Mac was a rising star. Dont forget to DAUB THE GEL! 3rd,5th
Appaloosa Juvenile Cremello Sparkle,Sparkcykel -Sparkcykel means kickbike. =Win!
Appaloosa Ladies Sprint Dashing on air,Schmetterling -freak german butterfly
Appaloosa Distaff Night Clubbin' -turned freak late. Might becoms her breakthrough here
Appaloosa Dash Tyskie -Only beer that tastes great even when it is lukewarm. A cold one is fantastic. High chance of winning.
Appaloosa Debutante Havrefras -No good chance really =4th

Paint
Paint Debutante What you did-last summer? =3rd
Paint Classic Dust and gust -He is a freak, please step up in this race.
Paint Dash Deceleration,Entourage -Entourage has done really well so far. =4th,5th
Paint Fillies Dash Grass,Lui -Randall has "Street" and "House". Grass is somewhere between them. =Win!, 4th
Paint Championship East Bayou Castle -he is here to learn.Maybe next year?
Paint Juvenile Fillies Clavicula,Gillette,Her son for life -Gillette and Her son are quite good. Clavicula will probably end up last.

Quarters
Quarters Fillies Dash Had a band -on a really good day she might end up in the money. =3rd
Quarters Sprint Yosan -Usually ends 6th in SC. Still competitive.
Quarters Ladies Sprint Yosun Sue -Earned more money than her half brother above. She can't stop mentioning it to him.
Quarters Distaff Kraglen -Has earned a lot of money running with the boys.
Quarters Juvenile Jimmy Quit -He quit in the summer of 69, but now he is back.
Quarters Futurity Best days of my life -I paid extra for his name =4th
Quarters Debutante Mama's porch -More summer of 69 feeling.

Week16 day 4
Futurity Kanchil -At least one runner today.

Week 16 day 5
-
Last edited by Polk Buffalo 2 years ago, edited 16 times in total.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I've got a couple of undefeated colts going; hope it's not too big of a step up for either of them

Windborn is entered in the Bunbury. I'm super excited about him.

Dreams of Kentucky will go in the SC Dirt Mile, baring him getting bumped due to lack of points. That's what happens when you are a late blooming allowance horse in my barn, you get pushed to the sideline and don't race at 2 unless I'm really excited about seeing your run.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Monday I have one with no chance in the synthetic sprint, but I did breed one in the synthetic classic that is more interesting.
Tuesday my trotter legacy drifts away, but I have one I bred in the open trot.
Wednesday (yes, Em, Wednesday) I have my first run at mixers with one in the Appaloosa classic and one in the Arabian distaff. Not expecting much but I'm enjoying getting a taste of the big night with mixers.
Thursday Sirens runs in the fillies dirt sprint. She just got amazing, so I have some hopes here, but it's a massive field so it will take some luck too.
Friday is the exciting one for me with Shouldwouldacoulda in the fillies and mares dirt sprint in what is an ongoing smackdown of some VERY good mares, Symbol of Spirit in the dirt sprint, coming off his first loss which was a crushing disappointment, so hopefully he will recover, and Rock and Roll in the sprint champs.

Thursday and Friday are my only legit chances, but it's fun to have something to watch every night.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.