Which race for Silence Suzuka?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Which race for Silence Suzuka?

Post by Danny Derby »

I've got a bit of a dilemma (in a good way) about which Steward's Cup race to run Silence Suzuka in this year and am looking for opinions of all sorts.

The Horse:
Silence Suzuka is a consistent top level performer with 6 G1 wins to her credit, and some strong showings against male competition in the big events.

The Options:
Steward's Cup Distaff: In a vacuum this would be an easy decision to run her in the Distaff. The problem is I'm also pointing Into The Unknown to the race, and she's going to be the likely favorite. I could give myself a very strong hand by running them both and I think there's a good chance I could even run 1-2 with them, but I'd feel like I'm missing an opportunity elsewhere.

Steward's Cup Ladies Marathon: She ran 2nd in this race last year, and she loves the marathon distance. Probably would be the favorite here. My main hang up here is that it's a B level Steward's Cup race, and I feel like she deserves to run in an A level event.

Steward's Cup Classic: She's been so consistent and is in such great form that I'm flirting with the idea of running her in the Classic. The competition here is much stiffer than anywhere else, and I already have a solid contender in Poet's Corner, but this is one race I've never won, and I don't think it's an impossible task for her. That said, she'd go from being a favorite or 2nd choice in the other two races to being a middle of the pack choice at best here. Still, the no guts no glory aspect of it entices me, and I really do want as many shots as possible to win the Classic.

The Question:
Which race do you think Silence Suzuka should run in?
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: Which race for Silence Suzuka?

Post by Gwayne's World »

She's a very nice filly. If she were mine, I'd run her in the Distaff. I assume she is very sound, as she has been running every two weeks? She's already proven her versatility. Her main occupation moving forward is producing FREAKS. Find another race for Into The Unknown?
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I'm assuming she's going to the shed after this start? I would YOLO the heck out of the situation and go in the Classic. Especially with Into The Unknown in the Distaff.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 2 years ago I'm assuming she's going to the shed after this start? I would YOLO the heck out of the situation and go in the Classic. Especially with Into The Unknown in the Distaff.
Solid chance I run her again next year actually.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

It looks as if you have withdrawn her from the Distaff. Deputy Dog approves of this decision. Into he Unknown is more than enough of a handful.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Eric Gray wrote: 2 years ago It looks as if you have withdrawn her from the Distaff. Deputy Dog approves of this decision. Into he Unknown is more than enough of a handful.
No decision made yet, I just have to have her in somewhere for the time being.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Go Classic. Only a half behind Ziggy at a mile and a quarter... yeah, definitely worth a try for the classic!!!
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~