My Turn to Ask!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Where should Good As Hell run?

Turf Mile
36%
Filly and Mare Turf Mile
64%

Total votes: 11

Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

My Turn to Ask!

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I can not decide where to run Good As Hell

I have Beau running in the Turf Mile, and Madame in the Filly and Turf Mile.

I need to stick Good as Hell somewhere but vs boys or vs girls? 😩

My wild side says YOLO, run her against the boys. My cautious side says, running against the girls might make for an “easier” SC win? Though tbh neither race seems “easier” over the other...This is so hard!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: My Turn to Ask!

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Myself, I’d put her in with the girls and find another race for Madame…but what do I know about milers, lol. Nice group, good luck Rochelle!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago Myself, I’d put her in with the girls and find another race for Madame…but what do I know about milers, lol. Nice group, good luck Rochelle!
Trouble is there are only 4 3yo+ female TM stakes races that week, and I have horses running in all of them so no matter where I’d run Madame there would be a double up 😅

16.1 Oklahoma Filly and Mare Turf
16.5 Bhisho Mile
16.5 Kenyan Distaff
Then the F&M turf.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I never let a "double up" keep me out of a race. Personally I always run fillies/mares against fillies/mares.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I have to admit, it would be fun running 1-2 in a SC race!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I dont see “retire early and breed” as an option in the poll.
;p
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 2 years ago I never let a "double up" keep me out of a race. Personally I always run fillies/mares against fillies/mares.
She’s beaten boys in 2 G1s already, the most recent triumph was W5 of this year! 🐎 💨 which is why I am considering running her there. She did finish second in her next G1 attempt against boys this year in the All Star Mile. Though that was her only finish lower than 1st all year.

I normally try not to double up, mostly because one is guaranteed not to win, but also in the last couple years I ran 2 in the F&M TM and they ran each other into the ground 😅 so the fear is real!

Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago I have to admit, it would be fun running 1-2 in a SC race!
That’s the dream!!!

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago I dont see “retire early and breed” as an option in the poll.
She’s only 4 😅 she’ll 100% be running next year
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I would go for the boys Turf Mile because in my opinion she’s better than your colt Beau, you already have a good shot in the F&M Turf Mile, and the SC is full of surprising races so my gut tells me she’d run very well à la Highland Trove. I would maybe think about switching out Beau somewhere though because I agree doubling up can be sometimes dangerous (you’d have to consider the pace scenario though and if one of your horses will affect the other e.g. two speed horses pressing each other and burning the other out).

Good As Hell would be the favourite in the F&M Turf Mile, but I think you’d be more disappointed if she loses that race than if she lost the Turf Mile (not saying she’ll lose either but the SC is hard and we always have to prepare ourselves for a loss there).
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago Good As Hell would be the favourite in the F&M Turf Mile, but I think you’d be more disappointed if she loses that race than if she lost the Turf Mile (not saying she’ll lose either but the SC is hard and we always have to prepare ourselves for a loss there).
I think this is the deciding comment! I would be much more heartbroken if she didn’t win the F&M TM. I also like the idea of running Beau somewhere else...hmmmmm

Hopefully one of my beasts wins something stakes-y on Friday lol I’m only 1 TB G1 win away from being tied with my personal best for the year 🥰
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program