Y58: A Year In Review

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Y58: A Year In Review

Post by Rochelle Bos »

(You guys need to post yours too!)

The past two racing days may have made me grumpy, but overall i am beyond happy with how my year turned out. And I may have broken my SC winning streak (Y54, 55, 56, 57) but I replaced the SC this year with two other shiny trophies: The Saudi Turf Sprint, and the Louisville Oaks! And to top off the year For Ev Er retired and is looking SUPER promising 😍

Trainer Stats for Year 58

429 : 133-88-59 Win-31.0% OTB-65.3%
I managed to increase my career best WIN/OTB %s, by 0.6 and 4.0% respectively, all while having career low starts (down 15 haha)! I was 4th overall for Advanced Trainers (TB Only) Win% while having the most starts in the top 7.

Earnings: $7,983,120
Second highest career earnings to date, though only second by $137,915! My career highest earning year I had 838 starts vs this year’s 429! I was 6th over all with Advanced Trainers (TB Only), though I had the fewest starts in the top 10, actually fewest starts in the top 27!

I was 2nd overall for Advanced Trainers (TB Only) for Average Earnings Per Start, I had the most starts in the top 5. Mara bear my AEPS by $2k. (Mara I have no idea how you only had 41 starts, I’d be bored out of my mind lol maybe that’s how you have time to do all the stats gathering things 🤣🥰)

Breeder Awards: $ 823,970
Career highest breeders awards by $47k. I was 2nd overall Advanced Trainer (TB Only) with breeder AEPS, and I had the most starts in the top 9!

Stakes Wins: 53
Career highest stakes wins in a year! 2nd overall for Advanced Trainers (TB Only)

Grade 1 Wins: 10
I tied my career high TB G1 wins. Y56 I had 10 TB G1s and 4 Mixer G1s :shock: This year I was #1 for all Advanced Trainers (TB Only) by 3, even with Chaser G1s mixed in there!

4.5 - Saudi Turf Sprint (Dash)
5.5 - Great White Plate (Good As Hell, beat the boys!)
5.5 - Gold Reef Mile Stakes (Madame)
6.5 - Louisville Oaks (Starfall, my SIM career high point to date!)
7.5 - Nakayama Mile (Madame)
8.5 - New Zealand Sweepstakes (Beau <3)
11.5 - Saratoga Oaks (Starfall)
13.5 - Prix Benjamin Franklin (Beau)
14.5 - Japanese Mile (Good As Hell)
16.1 - Los Campeones Juniors Sprint (Titanium)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Y58: A Year In Review

Post by Cleo Patra »

I'll play! Second half of my year redeemed the entire season. I was just about ready to quit back in week 6!

Trainer Stats for Year 58: 138 : 65-17-20 Win-47.1% OTB-73.9%
Had the highest win % of any trainer in the game this year. I think that might be the first time I managed it? Amazing considering the absolute dumpster fire the first half of my year was. Also had my 2000th lifetime win.

Earnings: $9,105,520
2nd highest in my history (Thank you Valar and One More Page haha). 2nd overall in the ranking for average earnings per start with $65,982. I bow before Carole Hanson's insane micropowerbarn which consistently beats me on this metric.

Breeder Awards: $ 863,030
689 : 137-102-76 Win-19.9% OTB-45.7%
24 Stakes wins, 6 G1 wins
Pretty happy with my foals. They've been consistently winning at 18-20% and placing at over 40% with at least 30 stakes wins a season for the past 4 years. Not too bad for having 500-600 starts. Could improve though being that I'm only hitting the middle of the rankings.

Stakes Wins: 36
A little bit above average but not my highest number.

Grade 1 Wins: 11
16.5 - One More Page - Melbourne Trophy
16.5 - Valar - Steward's Cup Turf
14.5 - One More Page - Cox Trophy
13.1 - Kendry - Canadian Fraternity
12.5 - One More Page - Sydney Trophy
12.1 - Valar - Chicago Million
11.5 - Witted - The Spa Classic
10.1 - See Those Eyes - Lucrezia Borgia Stakes
9.5 - One More Page - Caulfield Trophy
9.1 - Valar - Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini
4.1 - Fairy Tale Victory - Hot Springs Derby
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

ooooo this looks fun!

Trainer Stats for Y58

1,197 : 76-109-115 Win-6.3% OTB-25.1%
My win and my OTB Percentages sadly went down both by about 2% but with over 900 more starts than Y57 I don't mind very much!

Earnings : $3,204,440
With over 2m more earned than last year (my new player season) I am through the roof! I think I did a great job setting myself up and am very proud of this and my horses!

Stakes Wins : 12

Again very happy with this number! I was really hoping to get 18 so I could double Y57's total but I am still quite quite happy with this

Grade 1 Wins : 1
Easily my FAVORITE stat! I am the only junior with a grade 1 win for Y58 and I am super super pleased with that! I couldn't be more thankful for Indecently with that win!~
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I'll join in, too. This was a really up and down kind of year for me, but pretty obviously it ended on the highest note of my SIM career. Thanks, Mal.

Trainer Stats: 743 : 220-166-102 Win-29.6% OTB-65.7%
Definitely fell a few percentage points short of my highest in both categories, but that is the highest number of wins I've ever had (mostly because I ran more than I usually do by quite a bit since I got heavier into mixers).

Earnings: $12,545,860
Prior to this, my highest earning year was over $4 million less (last season). It's a good thing, too, because I spent more than ever breeding this season.

Breeder Stats: 704 : 208-152-95 Win-29.5% OTB-64.6% Stakes: 52 Grade 1: 10
I'm really proud of these. Wins, win percentage, OTB, stakes and G1 are all highs for me as a breeder and breeding the absolute best I can is what my barn has always been all about. There's probably a good reason that nearly all of my SIM success has been with homebreds.

Breeder Awards: $1,160,460
Another high. I hadn't cracked $1 million in breeder awards since Year 51 (the first and only other time I did).

Stakes Wins: 53
First time going over 50 stakes win in a year felt pretty great. Now, I'd feel better about it if my 50 even from last year hadn't come with 148 fewer starts.

Grade 1 Wins: 10
Another milestone, as I've never had G1 wins in the double digits (thanks, Sky Squared, for combining for six of them!)

16.5 - Can't Take the Sky - Steward's Cup Classic
16.5 - Sky Full of Stars - Waterfalls Stakes
14.5 - Can't Take the Sky - Awesome Derby
14.5 - Sky Full of Stars - Fading Star Stakes
12.5 - War Like Me - Oceanside Classic
10.1 - Can't Take the Sky - Queen's Derby
6.5 - War Like Me - Scott Eiland Memorial Desert Marathon
6.5 - Wayward Son - The Memorial Stakes
6.3 - Seeker of Light - California Sun Stakes (first Arabian G1 winner)
3.5 - Can't Take the Sky - Sunshine Park Derby
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Ok! 58 is my fouth full year of playing and I have my second crop on the ground.

1,285 : 212-221-220 Win-16.5% OTB-50.8%
My win % was sligtly better at Trial Park but otherwise the numbers have been quite consistent or improving. Trying to keep them in check.

Earnings: $4,913,640
Up by $200,000 from last year, much thanks to my fillies. I adore them all (after they've earned that stakes winner tag, haha) but leading homebred money earner is Couch By Couchwest 🥰 (and one more time I will say, send a mare to Go West 😉)

Breeder Awards: $129,780
Yes, this is starting to happen. Up by 500% from last year. 😄

Stakes Wins: 20
This felt like a fun stakes year. More than half of the stakes wins are from me-breds, including a few G3.

Grade 1 Wins: 1
I also tied my career high TB G1 wins. 😊 My first SB Good Vibration got it done again this year. Three of my homebred TM fillies finished on the board in their G1s, still haven't decided if I'm happy or disappointed about that. 🙃

8.5 - New Zealand Sweepstakes (Good Vibration)
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I will Play even though my horses dont really deserve it this year but here goes

Trainer Stats for year 58

1572 : 383 - 338 - 248 Win - 24.4% Otb - 61.6%

Numbers down from previous years but I also ran more horses than my most previous seasons and its not like I care too much about stats anyways

Earnings: $ 6,575,965

also down from previous years which is a bit more concerning as I did this running more horses and still earning less but might be explained with both my powerhouse earners retired last season and early this season

Breeder Awards: $ 649,740
also slightly down but this has been consistently ok the last couple seasons so no worries here

Stakes Wins : 29
might not sound so bad but last season I had 52 so something happened here

Grade 1 Wins : 1
happened here as well and the only g1 win throughout my season was a super surprise of a 2 year old trotter filly that had done nothing before the sc
and probably will do nothing after it lol

16.2 - Ramtamtaramtata - Steward's cup Juvenile Fillies Trot

that was a lot of negative stuff so we will add some fun stuff at the end

I had a huge crop of wonderful 4 year old fillies that were retired throughout to season to really bolster up my broodmare barn in almost all different classes and lot of them retired as blue hens and stars

another positive was another couple of retirees
Namely a couple of new studs in tm
Competitive Spirit who hypos ok with mostly b+ and some a-
Tithanos who hypoos like a superstar right below Fearless Spirit and even on par with Fearless on some of my best broodmares
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

93 : 30-20-19 Win-32.3% OTB-74.2%
I was aiming for over 30% WIn and 70% OTB I think? And I got both so I'm very pleased with that. Same number of wins as last season with fewer starts so these stats make me happy!
Wins: Did Not Rank
Win %: 15th
OTB %: 4th

Earnings: $6,942,570
This is the highest I've ever earned in a single season but I did have a goal of $7 million which I might have made had I raced on some horses that retired a little earlier in the season. Still happy with it though considering I had fewer starts.

My AEPS was $74,651 which is undoubtedly my highest ever and put me in 1st place among all trainers in the SIM, mixer or TB so I'm ecstatic to win a category even if it's a slightly insignificant one!
Earnings: 36th
AEPS: 1st

Breeder Awards: $812,420
Career highest breeder awards by far! Lots of people racing my horses very well and wins in Pegasus, Desert and the Chimbo majorly helped!
Breeder Awards: 20th

Stakes Wins: 13
Lowest since YR53 so not fantastic lol but only 3 less than last season! The % of Stakes wins from runners for me was 13.9%
Stakes Wins: 71st

Grade 1 Wins: 8
Less than last season by 4, although last season was pretty insane for that stat! The % of grade 1 wins from runners for me was 8.6% which is pretty cool!
Grade 1 Wins: 16th

2.5 - Pegasus Turf (Fiery Eyes)
3.5 - Hong Kong Sprint Cup (See You in the Dark)
5.5 - Tulip Sprint (See You in the Dark)
6.5 - Desert Turf Sprint (Mahler)
9.5 - Silver Sword Stakes (Mahler)
12.1 - Beverly B Stakes (Fiery Eyes)
13.5 - Chimborazo Stakes (Mahler)
16.5 - London Times Trophy (Henry VII)

Highlights of the season included winning the Chimbo, Mahler retiring and looking like a top top stud, and Fiery Eyes reaching 10 career Grade 1 wins! (Also, Insignia Imperalis retiring, getting awesome hypos, and being leased for $8 million!!)

I suspect next season will be a bit of a downer with my two best horses retired, but hopefully the new generation steps up to keep the stats nice, though I don't expect anything near as good as this season and the last.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Stats: trash

Stakes wins: some

Highlights: winning the Desert Duty Free plus OTB in Arima Kinen and Saudi Turf
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

only notable items for my barn is winning my first SC with a colt after missing by a nose last year. Both dirt sprinters, Zibanejad and Perfectly Splendid. First year having a viable stallion in Dr Estimate on the turf sprinting side. First time winning 4 grade 1s though the first 2 were sponsored, the last 2 were the last 2 days of the season. Other than another year of both those 2 running next year will see how Ollie Wolfs filly out of Riven Gold does as a 2yo. It looks like a fast 2yo turf sprinting crop next year!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Despite not yet having a trophy for 100 Wins, I earned one for the Midsummer Classic. Take note who he beat in that race. Definitely the highlight of what was a pretty decent year for me.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1674030
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I only campaign Thoroughbreds, so these stats don't include any mixers/chasers.

435 : 118-82-53 Win-27.1% OTB-58.2%

Earnings: $17,356,280
Stakes Wins: 54
Grade 1 Wins: 27

G1 WINS:
Steward's Cup Distaff
Lady's Choice Stakes
Lexington Sprint
Loki Reflection Stakes
Golden Gift Stakes
Golden Leaf Stakes
Canadian Sorority
Inspired Fox Stakes
Pasquale Memorial Stakes
Queen's Cup
Toronto City Stakes
Australian Derby
Hong Kong Champions Route
Toronto International
American Maturity
Faith Unwavering Stakes
Toronto Oaks
Blue Crystal Stakes
Melbourne Derby
Taraz Memorial Stakes
Desert World Cup
German Derby
New Orleans Derby
Arcadia Million
Saudi Turf Marathon
City of Gold Cup
Pegasus Sprint
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

W-P-S - 62-96-146. Percentages are trash because I race anything with 4 hooves.

Earnings - A career best 3.48 M

Breeders awards - This was my first crop of 2 year old home breds so not a lot, but I will take every bit of that $18,130 in breeder awards.

Stakes wins - 7

Grade 1's - Led Intermediate trainers with 2 (both Deputy Dog) Saudi Distaff Stakes and Rags to Riches Stakes
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

My year was a rough grind... I bought hundreds and hundreds of horses for cheap and ran loads of fillers wherever possible (because, money)... my win % obviously took a major hit, cut in half

Highlights: Volt - and Panthergard, who just won a stakes last out with wrong equipment (now finally solved!)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

840 : 134-113-124 Win-16.0% OTB-44.2%
This has been my best year ever, since I tripled my win % and close to doubled my OTB %.

Earnings: $5,558,120
The earnings this year was also the highest I have earned in a year ever. So a very good year statistically speaking ^^

Breeder Awards: $121,730
Definitely not impressive to most people, but for me this is the highest I have earned on my homebred's in a year. So I am pleased.

Stakes Wins: 19
Good year for stakes wins also, as this is also the highest stakes win % I have ever gotten in a year.

Grade 1 Wins: 3
3 of them, 2 made by homebred's and 1 made by a Stewardbred.The horses responsible are Davy Crockit, Kinetic Kingdom and Crayon.

9.5 Louisville Classic (Crayon)
10.5 El Rival Decade Stakes (Davy Crockit)
14.5 Bubbly Stakes (Kinetic Kingdom)

So that was my year. I am very pleased as my year was to improve from previous year. And I improved on every little category. So I am very pleased. Now I will just need to keep it up in the next season ^^''
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

Trainer stats y58 508 : 133-108-73 Win-26.2% OTB-61.8% 12 0 46 67 $2,336,150

Pleased enough most winners and $$ in a season