About breeding those mares

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

About breeding those mares

Post by Art K Stables »

I just wanted to add is that it’s usually smart to wait until late in the year to breed because of boarding costs and risk of random injury.. I’m sure most here realize it but now we are on break both boarding costs and injuries have been turned off until the new year so that there is no risk at this point or cost whether you breed your mares today or wait until Friday , if I’m incorrect on that please mention it
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: About breeding those mares

Post by Stormy Peak »

If you own your own farm, there's no boarding cost or daily fees for foals (or pensioners)

Foals can be at risk of injury.....so perhaps holding off until late in the season might be wiser...but then sometimes with the popular stallions...they get booked up and you can't breed mares to those stallions you might want to send them too.

I prefere to breed my mares when I have the chance, inclination, funds...and just hope no foal gets hit...as the chances are so slim.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I prefer to breed throughout the year as well, I insure my nice ones. It’s easier for me to not spend 6 mil in a week lol

Also it means that I actually get a break during break/preseason 🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

I breed all season, but hold off on my best mares until I get 2 random injuries (which happens every season) and there is no risk for foals. About 70% are bred at my own farm. As Stormy pointed out the most popular studs, you have to get them when available. I am a Planner type so for me I make a plan then breed some almost every week.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 2 years ago .........I insure my nice ones............
I think this is the first year I've ever insured a foal....and I insured 2 of them.

One is Roughian's un-named colt:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1416255

And the other is out of my mare Foretold:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1385567

He's her 3rd foal and her first 2 are Freak Progressives. Be my bad luck he'll gallop out a claimer peaked. :P

-------------
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

There was no daily boarding charge last night, I guess compared to the weekly one
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

There is never a daily boarding charge. if you mean the daily fee there isn't one during break but as Stormy said earlier it doesn't apply to foals anyway.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I'm obviously so behind on keeping up with the rules (oops)

Totally didn't know foals or pensioners don't count for the daily charges...... I've been ditching them all to GP to avoid paying fees lol
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I thought you do on the pensioned but happy to hear for sure on these things if anyone knows
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I never realized foals weren't charged day fees either but just looked through my stable and I can confirm you are not charged for foals or pensioners

I currently have the following horse numbers:
87 racing barn
72 mares and stallions in breeding barn
59 in training barn
57 foals
177 pensioners

I was charged for 213 horses on W16D6
If you add up my racing barn, mares/stallions, training barn it equals 218. I've had some leased mares returned over break so that explains why it is higher than 213

If you add in my foals (all but one of which was bred before W16D6) and pensioners I obviously have considerably more horses than I was charged for. I also see no change in the number of horses I was charged for after breeding foals.

Though important to remember in all this as Stormy implied you ARE charged board on foals/pensioners as far as I know. So if you don't own your own farm that you can park them at board free you will still be paying for them.

(Also fun fact when I first did this math I forgot about my training barn and was so confused why the numbers weren't adding up unless I was charged for foals, but at the same time the numbers weren't changing when I was breeding foals)
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 years ago .............
Though important to remember in all this as Stormy implied you ARE charged board on foals/pensioners as far as I know. So if you don't own your own farm that you can park them at board free you will still be paying for them........
What I said was:
If you own your own farm, there's no boarding cost or daily fees for foals (or pensioners)

Of course you will be charged a boarding fee if you have foals (or pensioners) at someone else's farm, or even at a race track (as happens at times when people retire mares after a race, breed them and forget to move both mare and foal from the track).

I don't know how the system works as I've never checked it....but if charged a boarding fee on all foals...any charge on a foal at your own farm will just go back to you...so nothing was actually charged/cost you money.

It's in the Steward's FAQs about daily fees and boarding fees for foals and pensioners:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11272

QUOTE: (I placed in bold the parts that state no day rate on foals and pensioners and no boarding fees if you own your own farm and your horses are there.)

MAINTENANCE COSTS
Day Rate - $5 per horse per day, for all horses except foals and pensioned horses. New Players (those in their first 20 weeks of game play) are excluded from paying the day rate. If you own 100 active horses, they will cost you $500 per day.

Board - Board is a weekly charge that is assessed at 12:00 AM Pacific time each Sunday morning. The charge can range from $20 - $200 per horse, depending on which farm or track the horse is at when board is assessed. If a horse is in transit at the time board is assessed, its location (and therefore board rate) is its destination. If a horse is boarded at a player's own farm, then a board fee is not charged. Generally, racetracks have a higher board than farms.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Wait about pensioners - if you start a new career can you win money through all career options? Minus stable pony

Or is it only certain ones
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Emily Mitchell wrote: 2 years ago Wait about pensioners - if you start a new career can you win money through all career options? Minus stable pony

Or is it only certain ones
Only through Rodeo and Eventing I believe
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

ok to be clear finally your foals and pensioned are never charged the daily fee, but they are charged the weekly 20/ at the farm or more if they are at a track if you dont own the farm.. during the break neither is charged so the last week of charges in a season are board wk16 day 6, and daily as well.. then it all stops. when it resumes the following season. daily is charged on all but the foals/pensioned... weekly board is charged on all..