Gallop Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Gallop Results

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

My thoroughbred numbers

Year 59
Stakes = 1 (10%)
Allowance = 3 (30%)
Productive = 2 (20%)
Solid = 2 (20%)
Claimer = 2 (20%)

Total = 10

Pretty par for the course for me. The stakes was by Saturnalia out of the daughter of a very disappointing Stewardbred mare, so exciting finally to have something useful from the family (Paid $3 million for the stewardbred she earned 400k, has 200k in total progeny earnings and 27k in progeny earnings of her progeny)
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

3 trot freaks, 1 Arabian freak, 9 pace stakes, 20 trot stakes. Appys-Paints-QH-TB all nothing to write home about. Of the trot freaks, 2 are by Devon Trickster (one bought in an auction for $1) and the other is by Photobomber. Arabian is by the last crop of Legacy of Charly. Overall, no complaints here. Bred less this year and had my most promising crop ever.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

46 gallops

2 freaks (4%) | No Stone Unturned (Ransack from a Harry Potter mare) and Wildness (Fade to Black finally got his Freak! out of Have Heart My Dear)
11 Stakes (24%) | Brilliance (Peak), Dave Matthews Band (Progressive), Dave Matthews Band (Late Bloomer), Improvisational (Late Bloomer), Light Up Light Up (Peak), Light Up Light Up (Progressive), Napoleon (Late Bloomer), Nighteyes (Late Bloomer), Private Affair (Late Bloomer), Satono Moon (Late Bloomer), Sottsass (Progressive)
11 Allowance (24%)
10 Productive (22%)
3 Solid (6.5%)
9 Claimer 🤮 (19.5%)

9 of my worst yearlings were out of amazing mares and most of them were on lease so my only chance at the foal. I want to cry. To add insult to injury, my Fire to Look At babies didn't improve yet either 😔

But I did get the two freaks and a good collection of stakes, plus these 3 improved from LB stakes to peak freaks:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1277249
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1228758
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1283204
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Six new yearlings: 1 productive, 1 solid, 3 allowance, 1 stakes all progressive or late bloomer all dirt routers.

My stakes is the most interesting. Life in Paradise is by my new sire As People See Me out of a Steward bred mare, Stay Close, who is out of Shadowkin. He's stakes late bloomer, no preference, very sound and both pieces found. I'm kinda happy especially if his late blooming bumps him up a notch.

None of my now 2 year olds changed: 2 allowance, 5 stakes and a freak with all but two stakes being progressive or late bloomer.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Of the older generations so far, she jumped from allowance/late bloomer to stake/peak. A few from that mare’s line have jumped up in the past, it’s reassuring when you know there’s a chance.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

My final breakdown for the year:

42 yearlings
1 Freak (Castles Crumblex Prince Louder mare)=2.3%
10 Stakes (Contrail, Danon Glorious (SB), With Drama, One More Page Dave Matthews Band, Mahler x2, Improvisational, Satono Moon & Prince Louder (SB))=23.8%
10 Allowance=23.8%
13 Productive=30.9%
3 Solid=7.1%
5 Claimer=11.9%

Super super happy with this crop! Especially since I leased out a whole bunch of my best mares, and because I have less claimers and solids combined, than stakes! The Freak DR is my coolest accomplishment by far, first time I've managed to get a freak in that division!
Last edited by Carole Hanson 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Not my most thrilling crop, but it certainly could have been worse!
24 Thoroughbred Yearlings
- 4 Stakes (2 Late Bloomer, 2 Peak, one of these is a Stewardbred who I wish was a Freak, but I guess Stakes is better than nothing) Allonsy x2, War Like Me, Dave Matthews Band
- 7 Allowance (many are Late Bloomer)
- 10 Productive - so many of these jerks were the ones I had the most hope pinned on!
- 3 Claimers
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Enpea Racing
Sprinter

Post by Enpea Racing »

Well I had my first TB Freak yearling so I am happy!

1 Freak (TS - Doyoubelieveinmagic)
2 Stakes (DM - Fightflamewithfire and TM - Superbia)

I also did have a 3yr old TM upgrade to Freak, so I am happy about that too! A couple bummers from really nice mares but overall I am excited for when these ones can start running!
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

It went fairly well.

Out of 58 TB yearlings:
1 freak 2% (by Gladiator out of Sing Back Louder)
13 stakes 22% (Talus, That Voodoo Youdo, Dave Matthews Band, Castles Crumble, Farseer, Turn an Army, Red Balloon, Brilliance, Karazhan, Justify)
12 allowances 21% (Dirk Provin, Danon Premium, Prince Louder, Avacas, Lord Black, That Voodoo Youdo, Conquerer, The Time Keeper, Farseer, Mahler, Karazhan)
and then the other 55% that I won't look at for at least 20 weeks.
Some months ago I made a forum post asking for known high-nicking pure dirt milers-no short route colts (I wanted to figure out how my mare - with two hooves among the milers and two hooves among the routers - would nick when faced with a colt exclusively bred for a mile). Lucas Davenport misunderstood my post (possibly due to my brilliant Swenglish) and instead suggested a colt able of producing dirt milers and routers. After having spent weeks mulling over different options (I did want a miler/router), I eventually went with Lucas' suggestion. The resulting yearling is now progressive stakes. Thank you, Lucas!
Apart from the Sing Back Louder colt, I'm particularly happy over that:
  • My only half decent sister to a whole bunch of G1-winners had a nice beginning as a broodmare. The 3x4 Sea the Stars made me smile too, having me re-watch Prix de l'arc de Triomphe of 2009
  • Both fillies with 3x4 Accused Dreamer turned out stakes. I know you appreciate this line, Erin. (I do too!
  • I have a faiblesse for Wonder's maternal line (who doesn't have that?). So glad to see that the newly retired "let's-run-to-the-moon"-mare that I didn't know what to do with, had a stakes daughter when paired with Dave Matthews Band (the dam is 4x4 Cadeauje, and the great-grand-dam 4x4x4 Wonder-> pride)
  • the newly retired daughter of one of my major horses had a stakes daughter with the son of another of my major horses. Just like that. So much love.
Thank you Jon Xett, Nini Hunter, Roger Carlo and Cleo Patra for the leases of your wonderful mares!
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

I got 4 stakes TB yearlings this year:
- 2x LBs, a colt by Pete the Cat and a filly by Metacrisis
- a progressive by Mr. Wonderful
- 1 peak by King of Ashes

I also bred 3 mixer stakes, so we'll see how those work out. The rest were a mixed bag, some fun looking allowance types, but also some disappointments I was hoping would work out better than they did. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this crop though!

I've only checked one horse for improvement, but it was a good one, with Power Stone jumping up to freak peak from stakes LB - this makes her my first homebred freak!
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Laurel Addams wrote: 2 years ago I've only checked one horse for improvement, but it was a good one, with Power Stone jumping up to freak peak from stakes LB - this makes her my first homebred freak!
The dam of your filly seemed familiar to me, Laurel. She was the dam of my first first-start improver and my first homebred TB stakes too. Such a special mare! Big congratulations to your freak!
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Really happy. This is a good crop

In thoroughbreds:
2 freaks (Dyad in the Force (who I'm racing for Em) and Scrabble. I'm really excited for Scrabble because she's a late bloomer with a family history of first start improvements!)
8 stakes (1 TS, 1 TM, 1 DM, 3 TR, 1 DR, and Noivern, who I bred to be potentially AWS/TS/AWM/TM!)
23 allowance
13 productive
6 solid
12 claimer
1 different career (is a steeplechaser)

I also bred 2 freak arabian routers and have 3 more stakes mixer sprinters (all late bloomers)

Also, my now 3yo turf sprinter Release the Kitties is now a freak!
I have a stable full of cats
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

just got done galloping my second crop ever, so here goes!

0 Freaks - This is my saddest number, I know it was alot to ask for, with this being just my second crop and all; hopefully next year!

4 Stakes - All fillies! I'm really excited for these ladies. Respectively by Slickrock, Metacrisis, Invocation, and Lord Black! While its two less than I got in my freshman crop of 40 horses, these have much better on-paper pedigrees.

18 Allowances - 3x as many as last season so I'm pleased! I'm hoping a few may improve though, fingers crossed! Midsommer is my favorite allowance, out of Blue Hen maryland million great grand daughter Type Cast and by Poet's Corner; maybe she might improve.

The rest are an assorted mix of everything else and a scary amount of different careers at around 12 lol

Overall, I think I am pretty on par with my last crop just with larger quantity's. Hopefully that freak comes around next season! Very very pleased even still :)
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Nothing spectacular but a decent number of allowance late bloomers (21 of 33 allowances are LB), some out of interesting lease mares, should be good for the future.

Stakes are by Jubilation, Spectrum, Tigerscomeatnight, Fearless Spirit, Metacrisis.

Too many claimers this year! :| Plan - do - check - adjust. :geek:
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 2 years ago
Laurel Addams wrote: 2 years ago I've only checked one horse for improvement, but it was a good one, with Power Stone jumping up to freak peak from stakes LB - this makes her my first homebred freak!
The dam of your filly seemed familiar to me, Laurel. She was the dam of my first first-start improver and my first homebred TB stakes too. Such a special mare! Big congratulations to your freak!
Thank you! That is so cool that she produced your first homebred stakes as well, she's a special mare for sure!
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k