Make foals immune from random injuries?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Make foals immune from random injuries?

Post by Cleo Patra »

Maybe there could be a game point option for foal protection insurance. Starts out pricey and gets steadily cheaper through the year. Protects all your foals until the day they turn 1. You can still take the option of buying lifetime individual insurance for the foal for 30k.

Maybe lifetime insurance could also be a game point option in general like the GP stallions have a cash option.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Cleo Patra wrote: 2 years ago Maybe there could be a game point option for foal protection insurance. Starts out pricey and gets steadily cheaper through the year. Protects all your foals until the day they turn 1. You can still take the option of buying lifetime individual insurance for the foal for 30k.

Maybe lifetime insurance could also be a game point option in general like the GP stallions have a cash option.
I was thinking this as well. Or even a a sim money lump fee protection for all foals similar to equiarmor
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I really support this. One of the reasons the Sim population breed their mares in a rush at the very end of the year because there's zero danger of getting a random injury to their foal. We'll still have the same amount of people insuring their good foals since it's cheaper to insure them as foals; that's not going to change the amount of money taken out of the game. It'll allow you to breed your mares at a decent pace across the year instead of incentivizing you to wait until after week 16 when we're all crying over how many mares we have to breed
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

While I can see the appeal to make it a pay type addition (paying gp or sim money) I think a foal getting injured hurts smaller banked accounts the most. That's why I wait until end of the year anyway. We shouldn't make every single benefit to help your barn something people have to pay lots of money for.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Nena Olson wrote: 2 years ago Remember when Ara's star filly, The Look, died in a barn fire? Old SIM was so mean LOL
I have always wondered what the heck happened to her! Way before my time. That is brutal lol
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 2 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 2 years ago Remember when Ara's star filly, The Look, died in a barn fire? Old SIM was so mean LOL
I have always wondered what the heck happened to her! Way before my time. That is brutal lol
Yea back in the day random events happened like that. Braveheart broke down after he crossed the wire in the Louisville Derby too. Made it very realistic but people got mad.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

You can only get 2 injuries. Its not like you can lose half your foals (unless you only breed 4)

The random injuries aren't just to foals either so the chances of a foal being injured are small for those with a lot of horses. If you don't have a lot of horses there can't be that many to breed during break.