New Year Gallop updates

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

New Year Gallop updates

Post by Garret Folsom »

Don't gallops change when the year turned over?

I've galloped 100's of 2YO's and haven't had 1 improve. Last year there were lots of them. I'm super confused right now.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: New Year Gallop updates

Post by Cleo Patra »

Garret Folsom wrote: 2 years ago Don't gallops change when the year turned over?

I've galloped 100's of 2YO's and haven't had 1 improve. Last year there were lots of them. I'm super confused right now.
Yeah I only had 3yos and older jump up. It was a bit strange!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Peter Quill
Sprinter

Post by Peter Quill »

I thought they only changed when they are new 3yo's and up. I didn't think they changed from yearling to 2yo so I've never galloped my new 2yo's. I think I may have read that when the Improvement feature came in but I am not sure, but it has always definitely been in my mind that they don't change until they reach 3.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Last year was the same for me, not a lot of 2yos changed, but I’m okay with that since I mostly run mile and route things! No point being at peak when they can’t run!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Peter Quill wrote: 2 years ago I thought they only changed when they are new 3yo's and up. I didn't think they changed from yearling to 2yo so I've never galloped my new 2yo's. I think I may have read that when the Improvement feature came in but I am not sure, but it has always definitely been in my mind that they don't change until they reach 3.
I’ve definitely had 2yos change at this stage in the year before, and the same with yearlings at the mid year point. But similarly, no improvements this season for the 2yos.

What’s worse though, all my 3yo stakes late bloomers of 2 seasons now, are still late bloomers 🙃
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

They do change, but I'm pretty sure it said somewhere that horses are more likely to change during the midyear update than the year turnover update.