North American Champion Older Female

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

North American Champion Older Female

Post by Danny Derby »

No knock on Age Of Scorpio, but is there a reason that there wasn't a vote for this category? I'm very proud of the campaign Silence Suzuka had (https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... ID=1217160) had, winning 3 Grade 1 races while also being competitive against the top males in the DR division in non-restricted races.
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Re: North American Champion Older Female

Post by Paul Sellers »

You *should* be very proud. She never lost against her own gender, and notched 3 Grade 1 wins.

But, those were her only 3 wins.

AOS beat the boys, in Grade 1s, twice, and finished 2nd in her two efforts in races with purses of > $1 million. Your girl finished 3rd, 4th and 10th in similar races.

Obviously they were both outstanding fillies and had your girl won or even gotten 2nd in any of those big 3 races she would have surely made it close enough for a vote.
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Paul Sellers wrote: 2 years ago You *should* be very proud. She never lost against her own gender, and notched 3 Grade 1 wins.

But, those were her only 3 wins.

AOS beat the boys, in Grade 1s, twice, and finished 2nd in her two efforts in races with purses of > $1 million. Your girl finished 3rd, 4th and 10th in similar races.

Obviously they were both outstanding fillies and had your girl won or even gotten 2nd in any of those big 3 races she would have surely made it close enough for a vote.
Apples to oranges when you are comparing DS to DR races, and I'm not looking to get into that here. I'm not saying one is more deserving than the other, just that it seems like it should have been included in the voting with more than one outstanding choice in the category running in totally different divisions.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Could be worse imagine how frustrated you would be if you had the horse with the last resume in this list and they were the only horse on that list not on the HOY ballot (not that I'm still bitter)

8:4-3-0, 4 stakes wins, 1 Grade 1 win (Steward's Cup)
7:4-2-1, 3 stakes win
6:2-0-3, 2 stakes wins, 2 Grade 1 wins (including Steward's Cup)
7:5-2-0, 3 stakes wins, 1 Grade 1 win (Steward's Cup)
6:6-0-0, 6 stakes wins, 2 Grade 1 wins (including Steward's Cup), 1 Grade 2 win, 1 Grade 3 win
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*