Well that’s handy

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Well that’s handy

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Gavin Guile wrote: 2 years ago Were people upset when you could pay for one piece and learn if there’s a second piece or not?
I don't think there has been a change in the history of the sim people weren't upset about.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

True, just stating that this change doesn’t seem a big adjustment to what was already in place. For 5 stakes gallopers I already bought the original equip check for 500 GP, 4 of them I was able to get the right equip (3 were one piece and a 4th I got from the vet) this change allows me to now put to get the 5th horse.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Gavin Guile wrote: 2 years ago True, just stating that this change doesn’t seem a big adjustment to what was already in place. For 5 stakes gallopers I already bought the original equip check for 500 GP, 4 of them I was able to get the right equip (3 were one piece and a 4th I got from the vet) this change allows me to now put to get the 5th horse.
Yes I do agree with your point. Ever since we were able to buy the first place I think 99.9% of my horses have had the correct equipment in place by the time they start running. I would buy the first piece and then work them with all the potential 2nd pieces and take the fastest time. I don't know that that took any "skill" in so much as it took a lot more clicking. Since equiarmor has come out I've switched to that and usually can get the 2nd pieces before works even start, so even less clicking. Though there was that one horse last year... I have a smaller stable so assuming the exchange ever comes back from the dead I'll likely switch to this and again all it is really saving me is clicking as mentioned at the start I was able to get equipment in place long before this came to be.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Dave Trainer wrote: 2 years ago
Art K Stables wrote: 2 years ago It’s not meant to be an advantage, it’s meant to pay to save a few key clicks and has zero impact on the strategy of the game
Of course its an advantage. It saves time and effort and gives certainty for whoever pays for it rather than best guess for those who use workouts.
There is no skill involved in paying for something, Is finding equipment not part of the strategy of the game?
Seeing which times are lower is not rocket science so no , there’s no advantage other than paying for a convenience which is done before the yearling hits 2 and means zero from then on