Well that’s handy

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Re: Well that’s handy

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Laura Smith wrote: 2 years ago I generally love new features but I think this should be way more expensive based on the amount of work it can save the player.
I expected it to be much more expensive.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

It should definitely be more expensive. The game is becoming too easy for players who either pay rl money for GP or through the exchange.
Rold Gold
Sprinter

Post by Rold Gold »

This is unquestionably one of the greatest developments in the history of the sim….
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Raise the price. Too cheap ^^''
You should only use this as a last resort, when you have trained and the horse refuses to give you the equipment.
Not as a first resort to save time and to avoid training. Training is part of the game, you know ^^''
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Freaking awesome!! Love it!
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

so if you spend 3 times than you would for the one piece, and the result is only one piece, then you wasted 1000 points, which is fine.. if became more expensive for me I would just go back to galloping and vetting.. so no, its not too cheap.. its a one time thing, it has zero to do with the game play and I will pay for what it is and the game makes money, change it and you all who want to pay more can support the sim with the new tool.. the results wont change anything, just a few more gallops.. zzzzzzz
Jimmy Jewell
Sprinter

Post by Jimmy Jewell »

Shame...
it was these type of nuances that made the game different for the non established players.
Hey ho , here we go , click clickclickmfvmer
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

If I'm a small barn, there's no way I'd buy/subscribe to EquiArmor going forward. This option is much cheaper than that.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 2 years ago If I'm a small barn, there's no way I'd buy/subscribe to EquiArmor going forward. This option is much cheaper than that.
I gave EA a try last season because I was curious about how effective it was. But you're right, with my small barn it would be a waste of SIM cash. Which for me, only means I can waste it elsewhere. I plan on using the new feature but only for a select few runners. You don't have to use all the options the game provides but it's nice having them. Now if only they could come up with a way to eliminate losing out on an auction bid in the final half of a second :(
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Yea this is absolutely much cheaper for a barn like mine
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 2 years ago Now if only they could come up with a way to eliminate losing out on an auction bid in the final half of a second :(
That would be priceless!

As for the new feature, I tried it out on a couple of frustrating horses who wouldn’t give up their second piece. Here’s the clencher, if I had gone back in their history, I’d have found I should have been looking for a vet piece and not a gallop piece. Dummy me, problem solved. Yes I could have saved the money, but I still enjoy galloping my babies and by work out time, I usually have all of their equipment figured out. This will ensure I’m not pulling what’s left of my hair out. Thank you Madam Steward, brilliant as always. :D
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 2 years ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 2 years ago If I'm a small barn, there's no way I'd buy/subscribe to EquiArmor going forward. This option is much cheaper than that.
I gave EA a try last season because I was curious about how effective it was. But you're right, with my small barn it would be a waste of SIM cash. Which for me, only means I can waste it elsewhere. I plan on using the new feature but only for a select few runners. You don't have to use all the options the game provides but it's nice having them. Now if only they could come up with a way to eliminate losing out on an auction bid in the final half of a second :(
They do, reserve bids. At the end of the day you will always lose out to the player with more cash.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Jimmy Jewell wrote: 2 years ago Shame...
it was these type of nuances that made the game different for the non established players.
Hey ho , here we go , click clickclickmfvmer
I absolutely disagree. Established players get this information mostly before they ever run the horse, this just saves clicks. Non established players should focus on the art of race placement (players like Ash Tarasin and David Howard are absolutely nailing this and it’s paying off) or understanding speed map mechanics (Erin Sanderson is insane at this). Mara Jade Vess takes the research and understanding to crazy levels and took less than a third of the time to reach the same level of game success as it took me.

There’s also a trap in getting equipment easily. You can forget the horses exists as a yearling (because you’re not having to gallop all the time searching for a second piece) and then it comes time to race and your horse isn’t fit and has no experience. Getting instant equipment doesn’t change the fact that you need to design an effective training regime.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

yes I just want to say thanks for the new feature, and it would be nice for once if that is all is said about a new feature. Thanks! :)
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Art K Stables wrote: 2 years ago yes I just want to say thanks for the new feature, and it would be nice for once if that is all is said about a new feature. Thanks! :)
It would be nice if the game wasn't made too easy. Not everyone thinks this is a good feature.