Checking For Horse Talent

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Checking For Horse Talent

Post by Danny Derby »

This needs to be viewable by the public in a horse’s history just like a gallop. A galloped vs. ungalloped horse will have a drastically different value in the open market, and being able to see a gallop comment without anyone else aware that it’s been checked could lead to some very unhappy buyers in the future.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Checking For Horse Talent

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Wow, that’s a huge oversight. Good catch Danny!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

It should show up as different from the normal gallop. Then everyone would know it was the horse talent that was used.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Would also like to see a Versatility column in the barns so I can remember if Ive checked one. Thanks!

And while we're at it, could a horse who gets equipment checked not automatically have that equipment get set. Id consider paying 1500 GPs for every horse if that happened.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Andrew James wrote: 2 years ago Would also like to see a Versatility column in the barns so I can remember if Ive checked one. Thanks!

And while we're at it, could a horse who gets equipment checked not automatically have that equipment get set. Id consider paying 1500 GPs for every horse if that happened.
These probably belong in one small thing. Intent of this thread is to point out a potential exploit, not a wish list.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

I checked someone else's horse that was bought from the Stewards auction history yesterday and saw the "talent" was in the horse history. It said not versatile or something like that.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Randall Allen wrote: 2 years ago I checked someone else's horse that was bought from the Stewards auction history yesterday and saw the "talent" was in the horse history. It said not versatile or something like that.
Versatility is not the same as horse talnet. "Horse Talent" tells you the horse's gallop comment without galloping it, and versatility tells you if the horse could run at other distances or on other surfaces.
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago This needs to be viewable by the public in a horse’s history just like a gallop. A galloped vs. ungalloped horse will have a drastically different value in the open market, and being able to see a gallop comment without anyone else aware that it’s been checked could lead to some very unhappy buyers in the future.
This x 1,000
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago This needs to be viewable by the public in a horse’s history just like a gallop. A galloped vs. ungalloped horse will have a drastically different value in the open market, and being able to see a gallop comment without anyone else aware that it’s been checked could lead to some very unhappy buyers in the future.
I know you already know this and are trolling or whatever, but this is something that would have been faster fixed if sent through Contact Us.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago
I know you already know this and are trolling or whatever, but this is something that would have been faster fixed if sent through Contact Us.
I assumed you’re reading the forums, and I also felt it was important to let the community at large know that this was an issue so they could exercise caution for any “ungalloped” yearlings that may have gone on sale. Literally no idea why you’d say this is trolling.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

This is done going forward
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG