What do you do when a stallion is closed?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

What do you do when a stallion isn't available?

Poll ended at 2 years ago

Keep checking back hoping a slot opens
15%
Message the owner hoping for a slot
13%
Send your mare to another stallion that's available
72%

Total votes: 46

Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Re: What do you do when a stallion is closed?

Post by Jon Xett »

Re: “ I will just put it out there if you personally don’t want me or any other player to use your studs just let me know … “. Oh my, this is not now or never has been my intention to exclude any SIM player. Quite the opposite actually_> my hope has always been to include as many SIM players as I can through various means without over saturation of the market. x.Z, you have been quite gracious in your praise of the fun way I have handled Dave Matthews Band. I recognize this. jX
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Closed Stallion DMB_By the Numbers:
901 -horses so far
604 -females
12 -million dollar earners
3 -L'ville Derby winners
21 -pensioned
147 -different breeders
19 -players who bred 10 or more
6 -top breeders who bred 20 or more: JM 37, DD and MB 31, KB 22, PV and KS 20,
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Jon Xett wrote: 2 years ago Closed Stallion DMB_By the Numbers:
901 -horses so far
604 -females
12 -million dollar earners
3 -L'ville Derby winners
21 -pensioned
147 -different breeders
19 -players who bred 10 or more
6 -top breeders who bred 20 or more: JM 37, DD and MB 31, KB 22, PV and KS 20,
Wow, I'm guessing that if he was open he would probably be among the best stallions the sim has ever seen.
Last edited by Brandon Schultz 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Jon Xett wrote: 2 years ago Re: “ I will just put it out there if you personally don’t want me or any other player to use your studs just let me know … “. Oh my, this is not now or never has been my intention to exclude any SIM player. Quite the opposite actually_> my hope has always been to include as many SIM players as I can through various means without over saturation of the market. x.Z, you have been quite gracious in your praise of the fun way I have handled Dave Matthews Band. I recognize this. jX
Then why do you tell people no when they ask to breed to DMB?
yeah
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Cleo Patra wrote: 2 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 years ago
Jon Xett wrote: 2 years ago
Four new stallion selection buttons by the owner to select a limit of 2,5,10 or unlimited stallion slots per player per SIM year?
I have wanted this since the day limits came out.
Me 3.

But limits have barely affected me other than the VERY rare stallion like DMB. That said, one time Summerland was accidentally blocked out (when bookings first came out) and I got a better foal from a different stallion than I got from him from the same mare in a different year. So its not always a bad thing to be "forced" to look elsewhere (even though I could have messaged Nena and probably would have if it wasn't my first foal of the year that I wanted to breed RIGHT then). I also actively choose to try to make my major horses outcrosses. I'm more likely to use those "super" sires for a bad mare with a backclass pedigree than one of my best mares. Because I know that in 10 years I'll be screaming at the screen when I try to breed them and everything is related. So there are definite positives to the stallion limits for me personally.

I don't usually message people for spots because usually when I'm breeding I have time to be breeding RIGHT THEN and I don't want to forget why I selected a cross and what gender I wanted for my breeding program.
And that was just cus I didn't know the SIM had him blocked. I still don't get why he is the only stallion in my barn that automatically goes to 120/120 booked when the year turns over. None of my others do it. Its weird.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 2 years ago
Jon Xett wrote: 2 years ago Re: “ I will just put it out there if you personally don’t want me or any other player to use your studs just let me know … “. Oh my, this is not now or never has been my intention to exclude any SIM player. Quite the opposite actually_> my hope has always been to include as many SIM players as I can through various means without over saturation of the market. x.Z, you have been quite gracious in your praise of the fun way I have handled Dave Matthews Band. I recognize this. jX
Then why do you tell people no when they ask to breed to DMB?
By people do you mean you? Since the advent of the Game point stallion slots, Please tell me who I said No to when they asked me for a DMB stallion slot? Show me the message and I’ll do right by you x4 at the minimum fee.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I'm sure Dylan and Jon can work this out in private.

SIM's Stance is that you may stand your stallion however you wish. If you want to breed 120 foals yourself and none for others, that's fine. If you want to give every single person one foals, that's fine. If you want him to have 100000 foals that's fine.

We will update the verbiage on that Help section to explain what we meant, that you do not have to ask to access an available stallion, you can just do it, since it is from the very old days when you DID have to ask another player/The Steward before breeding.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG