Dispersal Auctions

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Dispersal Auctions

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 2 years ago I think the obvious answer is stallion owners should not be able to see the gallop comments of foals,. Not even just during auctions, but ever. I've never understood why that's there in the first place. I know that's going to get people's panties in a bunch but what purpose does it even serve other than giving stallion owners an advantage in dispersal auctions?
I don't know that it will bunch my panties if it goes away (I don't really understand the physics of how that could happen anyway) but I do definitely use it for things outside of dispersal auctions. During the first year or 2 of my studs careers before there horses are racing I like knowing exactly which horses are the top performers and since they aren't running yet gallop comments are the easiest way. It lets me see if there is some pattern with those top gallopers and also provides info like is the stud only doing well with stewardbreds or are players getting nice horses as well. Once the stallion is a bit more established it's a nice convenient way to quickly see how a specific crop is doing, so is the stallion performing at the same level they have historically or not. I usually check all my stallions yearlings gallops within the first few weeks of the season.

Also definitely don't want to see mare gallop comments go away as that is a game changer when I go through each year figuring out which mares I do and don't want to lease out.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Garret Folsom wrote: 2 years ago
Pietro Vella wrote: 2 years ago
Brandon Schultz wrote: 2 years ago I think the obvious answer is stallion owners should not be able to see the gallop comments of foals,. Not even just during auctions, but ever. I've never understood why that's there in the first place. I know that's going to get people's panties in a bunch but what purpose does it even serve other than giving stallion owners an advantage in dispersal auctions?
I don’t wear panties
manties?
Didn’t really think there would be a follow up, was not prepared to actually provide a response :lol:
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Doesn’t bother me…just another “perk” of having a stallion
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I think the way they are is fair .
I would be okay if the steward took any freak or stake or hen from a dispersal auction and had a sale twice a year of “elite horses “ sort of thing could be a way to take more money out of the game .

I also like that a player can get lucky and pick up a nice horse cheap .