Stakes Purse Reductions

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Stakes Purse Reductions

Post by Danny Derby »

It looks like some TB stakes purses were hit pretty hard with the nerf stick. If possible it would be great to get a list of impacted races with the changes.

Thanks!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Stakes Purse Reductions

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Thank you for your sacrifice
;p
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

So noticed a few reductions myself. Just the one comparison I found is a bit of a joke in my opinion.

Desert World Cup on the dirt, $6,000,000 down to $4,000,000. A 33% cut.
Desert Turf Classic on Turf, $5,000,000 down to $1,500,000. A 62% cut.

I had noticed a few other turf races got some serious cuts the last few seasons, mainly because they are the races I focus on, but seeing another example of the DR division getting nothing worse than a slap on the wrist compared to other divisions. Not a fan of that, if cuts are needed, the cuts should me more even across the board.

No, I am not looking beyond that at this time. Likely find a lot more in a similar vein and it would just annoy the hell out of me.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 2 years ago So noticed a few reductions myself. Just the one comparison I found is a bit of a joke in my opinion.

Desert World Cup on the dirt, $6,000,000 down to $4,000,000. A 33% cut.

I had noticed a few other turf races got some serious cuts the last few seasons, mainly because they are the races I focus on, but seeing another example of the DR division getting nothing worse than a slap on the wrist compared to other divisions. Not a fan of that, if cuts are needed, the cuts should me more even across the board.

No, I am not looking beyond that at this time. Likely find a lot more in a similar vein and it would just annoy the hell out of me.
Interesting, the Desert Turf Classic was reduced to 2.5 million the same year that the duty free was reduced to 1 million (Y57), but this year desert turf classic was cut back down to 1.5 million but the duty free stayed at 1 million.
I have a stable full of cats
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 2 years ago
YIKES. I know we're trying to take money out of the game but that's way too big of a cut for such a big race
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 2 years ago
YIKES. I know we're trying to take money out of the game but that's way too big of a cut for such a big race
It was $4 million 3 years ago, and $2.5 million the last 2 years. So it's not like it was cut overnight.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago
Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 2 years ago
It was $4 million 3 years ago, and $2.5 million the last 2 years. So it's not like it was cut overnight.
No, but the DR equivalent also received cuts over the same period, but nothing near as much. That is where my issue is.

Now, I know I am stretching this a bit based off of just these two races, but if you use that as a guide to place a value on a horse, then two horses of exactly the same calibre, one TR, one DR, then the DR is by default worth 40% more. Which of course has a trickle on affect down the line.