Quick poll

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

What seems better?

Purse cuts
56%
Once-yearly tithe
44%

Total votes: 41

Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Quick poll

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ronnie Dee wrote: 2 years agoBy far, Tim is the worst in the Sim at the art of persuasion.
Hard disagree on that statement.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago Crazy idea for taking money out of the game. Give us things to spend our money on.
Crazier idea - come up with more stuff for us!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I've got it...

A special fund is set up each year with a goal amount the powers that be want taken out of the game. A link to donate to said fund as well as how close it is to the goal is linked in the steward's notices on the home page. If the fund's goal is reached all discussions of tithes, fees, taxes, etc are banned for a year. I feel there's a lot of people that would pay good money for these discussions to go away.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 years ago I've got it...

A special fund is set up each year with a goal amount the powers that be want taken out of the game. A link to donate to said fund as well as how close it is to the goal is linked in the steward's notices on the home page. If the fund's goal is reached all discussions of tithes, fees, taxes, etc are banned for a year. I feel there's a lot of people that would pay good money for these discussions to go away.
Best idea I've ever heard.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rold Gold
Sprinter

Post by Rold Gold »

And if/when the fund goal isn’t reached?

My barn is barely scraping by and I have like 3 good horses, the last thing I’m gonna be doing is dropping half a mil into a voluntary fund just so someone with 40 million in the bank doesn’t have to worry about fees they won’t even notice.

I like these discussions, personally. They’re sure a good deal more interesting than “Hey my horse did great!” “Great job! You’re rad!” threads. Nothing wrong with those, of course, but they get a little juvenile after a while. YMMV, obviously.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

(I had to look up YMMV and now I feel old, thanks for that 🤣)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rold Gold
Sprinter

Post by Rold Gold »

Old is practically my middle name at this point… :ugeek:
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago
Ronnie Dee wrote: 2 years agoBy far, Tim is the worst in the Sim at the art of persuasion.
Hard disagree on that statement.
Seconded.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

This is one of the longest ' quick polls ' I have ever seen.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago

Best idea I've ever heard.
What does it hurt to try? We have nothing to lose.....
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

The answer to take money out is, and always will be stewardbreds. Why? Because that's how you get a chance at more money and prestige and just having more chance at success (whatever that means to you, whether it's sim$, big wins, great homebreds, etc.) As I pointed out in looking at where the money is, the top 50 or so money holders each have greater than $14M in their bank accounts. How much does the game want to take out of the sim economy? If it's hundred of millions, about 90% of the sim population cannot help to even move the needle on that.

In Y55 there were 3 yearling Stewardbred auctions. The first one had 50 horses and took out $144,947,320 from the game (avg. of $2.9M per horse).
The second had 100 horses and took out $226,229,235 (avg. of $2.3M per horse). The third had 44 horses and took out $129,596,095 (avg. of $2.9M per horse). The vast majority will not come close to winning that amount in race earnings or stud fees, etc. - I quickly looked at the 50 horses that cost $145M - they are all 5 years old now and have collectively won $11,059,855 to date on the track with just a few still racing (only one millionaire and none of them made more than they cost). I could analyze the others, but who has that kind of time?

In Y59 there were 2 yearling Stewardbred auctions. One with 57 horses that took out $165,830,140 (avg. of $2.9M) and one with 32 horses that took out $69,700,180 (avg. of $2.2M per horse).

I don't have the analysis for the foal auctions, but I'm sure they are similar.

If we want money out, those people who have a ton of it will want to spend it on a chance to get better (if even possible, again definition varies) or a chance to get the prestigious big race wins, or perhaps I'm wrong, I'm not sure. Is there some kind of super exclusive race that costs an exorbitant amount of sim$ that comes every few years with a trophy or something that those people would want to buy into that has an unlimited field (coding aside)? I'm sure people that could try to "raise money" to participate for fan favorite horses. I don't know, but again, we really just need to talk to about 30 people here and ask what they want to do with their fake money, but one thing we do know, they will buy stewardbreds (as will everyone who has the chance).
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Ill pledge 1$ Per year
;p
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Also, an easy way to get money out is to charge for your advice. I’ve seen posted on the forums the last couple days that “I reached out to the Steward for her thoughts” at least a few times. I know when I listen to race calls people are texting you and commenting/asking/seeking advice or thoughts.

I’m guilty of asking your thoughts on races, breeding, etc. (and I always feel awkward asking, but I know others do it, and told me to reach out to you, but still feel weird doing it). I’m not sure how I join the club that can text you, but your time is money and you should charge people for it. Obviously it would be universal but I’m sure you could stagger it in terms of its a new player asking a question, type of question, etc.

An Ask the Steward button, again, you’re already doing this. I think you can always say no can’t answer that, but seems an easy thing to do
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Durzo Blint wrote: 2 years ago Also, an easy way to get money out is to charge for your advice. I’ve seen posted on the forums the last couple days that “I reached out to the Steward for her thoughts” at least a few times. I know when I listen to race calls people are texting you and commenting/asking/seeking advice or thoughts.

I’m guilty of asking your thoughts on races, breeding, etc. (and I always feel awkward asking, but I know others do it, and told me to reach out to you, but still feel weird doing it). I’m not sure how I join the club that can text you, but your time is money and you should charge people for it. Obviously it would be universal but I’m sure you could stagger it in terms of its a new player asking a question, type of question, etc.

An Ask the Steward button, again, you’re already doing this. I think you can always say no can’t answer that, but seems an easy thing to do
Durzo is out here trying to make me go broke . . .
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Durzo Blint wrote: 2 years ago Also, an easy way to get money out is to charge for your advice. I’ve seen posted on the forums the last couple days that “I reached out to the Steward for her thoughts” at least a few times. I know when I listen to race calls people are texting you and commenting/asking/seeking advice or thoughts.

I like this suggestion. Pay in sim money and get one question answered or get one advice, most likely cryptic, but that's fine ^^
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~