Regrettable Headshots

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Regrettable Headshots

Post by Nathan Klein »

This is a random question that just popped in my head but has there been a horse's headshot that you regret spending your hard earned gamepoints on. Did you ever order one for a yearling that you were exited about and he disappointed or you had a better horse come along after you spent them that deserved it more. Or whatever reason, have any of you regretted ordering a headshot for a certain horse.
"Nathan you tweaking"
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Regrettable Headshots

Post by Stormy Peak »

I don't think the word, regretted, quite works ... as the headshots are gorgeous...can't regret lovely artwork : )
However, yeah, headshots for horses which were freaks but didn't pan out like I thought they would - that's happened.

Usually, I only buy headshots after a horse earns a million dollars. But there have been a few times when I've jumped the gun and ordered a headshot thinking the horse wasn't going to have a problem earning that much by the time he/she retired.

This guy is one. I LOVE his headshot...but he just never fired on the track like I thought he would - it's taking him forever to hit the Million mark - he's age 6 now. But I think he might be able to do it by the end of this year so he'll retire at age 7.

ALOFT

-----

And this filly. She was born a freak late bloomer...peaked as a 3 year old...and being a turf router, they don't get to run much as 2 year olds. I still have hopes though that she'll win enough at the end of this, her 4 year old season, to justify her stunning headshot. She's a little over half way to that goal. I'll retire her at the end of the season.

EXTREME WAYS

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

For me it has to be Wonderspot xD Stakes gallop but have not reached over 60k, he is now 7 and pensioned xD
(He is pretty though xD )
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Is beautiful artwork ever really a regret?!
Honestly though, Safe With Them ended up not really being worthy. I bought it for her when she was still a foal. At the time, she was my SIM dream horse; I even bought her privately from The Steward because I didn't want to risk losing her in auction. I adore her pedigree and I really thought she would be something special.
As you can see, she was pretty frustrating to run, and didn't accomplish much. So far, her broodmare career isn't anything to relish either. Her three year old is a "Stakes" who appears to have the same lazy mentality as her dam. I do have a good little "spidey sense" feeling about her Mr. Wonderful filly though ;) (of course, it's usually wrong lol)

It's one of my favorite headshots in the game though!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’ll play.

*I may regret buying them for the horses, but they are ALL pretty so I don’t regret buying them lol*

Stakes Late Bloomer to Stakes Peak. Bought her as an Allowance LB, she improved to Stakes LB, but peaked at Stakes and still didn’t wanna GO

At lease she ended up winning a stakes 🤪 She was my first stakes horse, and she improved from solid to stakes and I was all OMG SHE’S GONNA BE AMAZING! She was not lol I think someone offered me 1.5 mil for her, probably should have taken it… Oh well! HINDSIGHT

She was a stakes progressive, then jumped to freak, but when the gallop adjustment happened she went back to stakes. I was so sad, had big plans for this girl. Though, she might turn out to be a good mama 🤫 don’t jinx it! 🤣 Again, she did manage to win a stakes, with a 90 even. I never could figure her out :( (This is also still one of my favourite headshots)

There are a couple more, but they still have time to prove their stuff.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I thought Dragster was going to be a superstar when I bought him from TBS but he only made $396k and was also a terrible sire so... yea.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

They are all gorgeous headshots but they all let me down once they were old enough to race. I will never learned my lesson.
All My Tomorrows
Let down

Heart Vs Mind
Let down

Fire Falx
Extra let down
Lance Macisaac
Miler

Post by Lance Macisaac »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 2 years ago I’ll play.

*I may regret buying them for the horses, but they are ALL pretty so I don’t regret buying them lol*

Stakes Late Bloomer to Stakes Peak. Bought her as an Allowance LB, she improved to Stakes LB, but peaked at Stakes and still didn’t wanna GO

At lease she ended up winning a stakes 🤪 She was my first stakes horse, and she improved from solid to stakes and I was all OMG SHE’S GONNA BE AMAZING! She was not lol I think someone offered me 1.5 mil for her, probably should have taken it… Oh well! HINDSIGHT

She was a stakes progressive, then jumped to freak, but when the gallop adjustment happened she went back to stakes. I was so sad, had big plans for this girl. Though, she might turn out to be a good mama 🤫 don’t jinx it! 🤣 Again, she did manage to win a stakes, with a 90 even. I never could figure her out :( (This is also still one of my favourite headshots)

There are a couple more, but they still have time to prove their stuff.
That one for Cheer This Way is one of the most realistic-looking headshots I've seen I think!
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Oh boy do I have a few, here's 4 of them, yes, there's more, these are my highlights

Burning Man
The most successful on this list, honestly this horse just makes me mad with those lines how is he so freaking terrible as a stallion. He made it over 350k by the skin on his teeth with the help of some sponsored races, but seriously dude, have you met your parents? I was drooling over this cross and it barely happened cause Boone was pensioned I think the day after Kisses retired and this is all you got, at least produce something pretty.

Tessa Ann
Ok-ish racer, this was back in the day purses were a lot lower. Terrible, terrible broodmare. She was named after my RL Appy mare I had at the time (that I was forced to sell years ago), shouldn't be too surprised at her broodmare ability cause the RL Tess had a surprise foal and lets just say there's a reason why Patriot is solely an endurance horse and does not do gymkhana like his momma unless we're there to place turtle, which sadly isn't a thing in speed events or back up a friend with a not so speedy horse so we can share the role of laughing stock

Helluva Life "Helo"
The oldest of 5 full siblings from a cross Paint mid people should know well, Streak of Rock x Splash In Puddles, AKA the cross that produced Hey Brother. Helo was the worst of the 5, we'll just leave it at that

Going Home "Tank"
One of, if not my favorite headshot in the game. Tank is from the same crop as Helo, I always called them the twins, both looked great, both "scary" gallopers, back then that was the highest gallop comment you could get and neither of their careers took off. I can't truly regret any headshot cause they're all beautiful pieces of art, Tank though I can't even think "I wish I bought it for someone else" cause he's a stud <3
Last edited by Jo Ferris 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Lance Macisaac wrote: 2 years agoThat one for Cheer This Way is one of the most realistic-looking headshots I've seen I think!
Yesss! It almost looks like a picture! Love Kassidy’s work ❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

My first SC winner, first multimillionaire and first headshot, Fishing the Keys is my all time favourite! And I have some beauties, but totally no regrets. Not all were fabulous racehorses and some were outright disappointments, but all have terrific memories and make me smile whenever I look them over.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

As a side note I’ve only been playing for 10 game years and have bought 36 headshots just for me…that’s not even including surprise gifts 😅

I might have a problem.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 2 years ago
Lance Macisaac wrote: 2 years agoThat one for Cheer This Way is one of the most realistic-looking headshots I've seen I think!
She did Roughian's headshot. When I got it, I thought it looked like a photograph...I was so impressed by how realistic it was!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1061244

The headshot artists are are all wonderful.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago
She did Roughian's headshot. When I got it, I thought it looked like a photograph...I was so impressed by how realistic it was!

Stormy
Agree! They are all wonderful in their own unique ways!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago

Stormy
I am sorry to inform the players that those realistic portraits is the result of photo manipulations, filters, or paint overs, or all of those methods combined. We simply do not know. But what we do know is that those portraits are sadly not 100% hand drawn.
I feel like I need to say this (to save me and Nena from some heartache and possible frustration) when those portraits gets praised for their super realistic features when they are not created according to the simhorseracing standard and far off from the truth of a hand drawn portrait.

I contacted Kassidy a long time ago and corrected her about the style we aim for, and since then these hyper realistic portraits has not been submitted again, but hand drawn portraits.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~