Ugh! What to Do With Her

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Ugh! What to Do With Her

Post by Lily Wilkins »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1295877
Stakes Late Bloomer with pretty zoomy workouts.
- Won maiden debut, then won an Allowance. Hasn't gotten on the board since. Granted, I wasn't very kind and probably pushed her too hard by entering her in Stakes races, but she seemed legit after her two wins. The two recent losses in NW3 races have me stumped, especially the one tonight. I figured that a Barrier Trial followed by a created age/state bred restricted race surely would have ended with an on the board finish.

I have other annoying animals in my barn, but this one is getting under my skin the most because she has been a favorite of mine since the beginning. I saw The Steward's post about Wizard Ally mares and sought out a lease, resulting in this filly. I had high hopes the second I hit that "Breed" button!

I'm sure the logical answer here is "see what she is like after she hits peak" but it seems like (at least in my experience) horses that weren't running well before blooming generally don't magically just start winning things after they bloom. I'm feeling some major "sell or rage-retire" feelings tonight.
She doesn't seem to want longer, based on her pedigree; if anything, she looks to be very much bred for 1 1/8. I just can't figure out why she isn't running for me anymore...

Insight? Advice? Wanna post your most annoying animal in solidarity? Wanna buy this filly for three easy payments of $39.95? She comes with a free cat!
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Ugh! What to Do With Her

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Yes.
;p
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I'm no expert on DRs, but if she was mine I'd try a little more distance, up to 10f, just to see if she likes a bit more ground.
Could possibly try her at the mile, as well. I hope you get her sorted out!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Her dam, when given the chance did well at 1 1/2 miles, won the race. Perhaps you should try her longer, try her at 1 1/4 miles ???

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Late Bloomer!!!!

wait until she hits peak.
i have quite a few that have not run until 4 when hit peak that are winning stakes including a grade 1 winner.
the wait is worth it.

Good luck!
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I predict a win her next race.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

To me, she was bred to be a broodmare, especially given that Allonsy really excels in that area. If she has already bloomed, I'd say retire. If not, keep running in lower conditions and try going longer definitely.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Ok, so I don't own a single TB, but with mixers I know those late bloomers are usually worth the wait. With my late bloomers I just race them every 3-4 weeks till they peak, keep them fit, maybe get them a win if they're good enough, figure out EQ, ect... I have a couple that couldn't break their maiden till they peaked that are now stakes winners. Once they peak if they don't improve much it'd off to the breeding shed
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Thanks everyone 😊 i'll try her longer and see if that helps - and fingers crossed she blooms next Sunday!
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!