History of Sim Series

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Zach Wentzel
Miler

History of Sim Series

Post by Zach Wentzel »

I just took a lot at the SIMuseum and I really enjoyed the history of the sim series and I need some extra cash so I was considering atleast adding on Year 7 but obviously I wasn't there for it so I have no idea what really happened. Anyone from Year 7 or the Steward wanna give me an idea of what was going on? Thank you!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: History of Sim Series

Post by Danny Derby »

I’d suggest maybe finding a topic you can research a bit easier. This sounds great in theory, but you’d essentially need someone else to write the article for you.
Zach Wentzel
Miler

Post by Zach Wentzel »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago I’d suggest maybe finding a topic you can research a bit easier. This sounds great in theory, but you’d essentially need someone else to write the article for you.
That's true do you have any suggestions?
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Race previews and reviews are usually a pretty easy place to start out for most people. Especially if you need the cash. Sometimes articles on what it is like to be a New Player - and can be quite helpful. Good luck with whatever you decide.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I've noticed that the really big races often don't get previewed...or even given a post race summation for some reason?
Races like The Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini. A Grade 1 turf race worth $1,500,000 in prize money, or The Chicago Million or the Oceanside Classic. (I mention turf races as I'm more familiar with them...but there are probably some dirt G1s that merit attention too).

Those kinds of articles, it seems to me, would be fairly easy to research and write about. Plus it lets people kind of keep up on what horses are in the big races...who might be up coming starts...etc

When the 2 year old milers and routers get going here soon...that might be another topic too look into...which ones pulled of wins with high speed figures...etc.

As for Sim history.. I love articles about horses from the past. There are a lot of those old Sim equine heroes out with interesting records. For example, Ghostzapper, (who sired 9 millionaires) Conduit...who never lost a race in 17 trips to the track, and won over $8 million dollars. Atlas...who won over $12 Million and has like 3 lines of Simmy awards to his name. Those kinds of articles are almost endless.

I hope you can find something that interests you : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000