What's the most disappointing common experience in the SIM?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

What's the most disappointing experience in the SIM?

An exciting breeding gallops poorly
14%
An overall bad crop of yearlings
24%
A freak/stakes turns out to be a dud
16%
A horse you've been waiting all week for races badly
14%
A great race mare gets a bad BSA and/or nicks poorly
6%
A top nicking blue hen/star mare produces nothing
16%
A horse you buy/claim falls of a cliff immediately after buying them
2%
An "0-for" day
4%
Not meeting your yearly goals
No votes
Other
6%

Total votes: 51

Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Re: What's the most disappointing common experience in the SIM?

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Cleo Patra wrote: 2 years ago I think mine is having played for SO long and I still don’t have a decent female line in my barn. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had some real luck with breeding colts but good lord I’m useless at breeding a good mare who can then produce good mares.
I'm kinda the opposite. I have at least three distinct turf lines that are producing good mares that produce good mares (Nyan Cat, Cat Named Boots, Lonely Stars) but I have yet to have a stallion be a superstar in the shed. Not even a horse with a breeding like Rathalos could be a superstar stallion for me lol. Antares is the best stallion I've ever stood, and is the only stallion I've stood to produce even one freak.
I have a stable full of cats
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Gwayne's World wrote: 2 years ago Did anyone mention a horse who turned out to be a 'Dud Stud' :oops:
That was heartbreaking - Nick of Time "nicked" great, lots of support - first crop was 50% claimers.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Many of the above - I had a few years in a row where I had 3+ freaks, 5+ stakes runners - then all of sudden 1-2 stakes runners and lots of allowance runners that ended up in claimers - for about 6 years in a row.

The one I voted for was the broodmares - I've had several blue hens - I research the breedings, I spend 75K or more per breeding - and get claimer/productives year after year. They're not only disappointing, but a major money pit.
I'm just here for the fun of it