Stewards Cup Nom

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Zach Wentzel
Miler

Stewards Cup Nom

Post by Zach Wentzel »

Is The Money Is Mine worthy of atleast nominating? His last race was a 91 speed figure so obviously he's good some good speed.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1320614
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Stewards Cup Nom

Post by Stormy Peak »

Is he a stakes or freak...and also is he a late bloomer or progressive or peaked?

It's taken him some time to win a NW3 ...but if he's not like an allowance peaked... it might be worth spending the $5k to nominate...just in case he does keep doing better. But the dirt route division is Super competitive and I think there's going to be a lot of freaks running.

I don't know about dirt route that much... but I know I've had turf router stakes quality beat freaks so, that is doable some times.

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

$5k isn’t that much, but keep in mind your horse lacks a lot of points, even if he were able to beat the best of the best in the very tough DR division. So what I’m trying to say, is that I don’t think he’d get into the race. The SC Classic now oversubscribes quite a lot and those who can’t get in there tend to go to the marathon so that one also fills.
Zach Wentzel
Miler

Post by Zach Wentzel »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago Is he a stakes for freak...and also is he a late bloomer or progressive or peaked?

It's taken him some time to win a NW3 ...but if he's not like an allowance peaked... it might be worth spending the $5k to nominate...just in case he does keep doing better. But the dirt route division is Super competitive and I think there's going to be a lot of freaks running.

I don't know about dirt route that much... but I know I've had turf router stakes quality beat freaks so, that is doable some times.

Stormy
Hes stakes peak and I didnt know if 91 was just a fluke or not but you're probably right ill spend the 5k just in case.
Zach Wentzel
Miler

Post by Zach Wentzel »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago $5k isn’t that much, but keep in mind your horse lacks a lot of points, even if he were able to beat the best of the best in the very tough DR division. So what I’m trying to say, is that I don’t think he’d get into the race. The SC Classic now oversubscribes quite a lot and those who can’t get in there tend to go to the marathon so that one also fills.
How many points usually does it take because he's racing in a grade 2 this friday so maybe if he wins that he could squeak in?
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Zach Wentzel wrote: 2 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago $5k isn’t that much, but keep in mind your horse lacks a lot of points, even if he were able to beat the best of the best in the very tough DR division. So what I’m trying to say, is that I don’t think he’d get into the race. The SC Classic now oversubscribes quite a lot and those who can’t get in there tend to go to the marathon so that one also fills.
How many points usually does it take because he's racing in a grade 2 this friday so maybe if he wins that he could squeak in?
If he wins that grade 2, his chances of entering the Steward's Cup is still small to none. You can enter and hope he is able to stay to snatch the last spot, and that no other horse bumps him out.

Here you can see the top point horses who might go to the classic. The lowest horse of 50 is at 312p. So the competition to enter is fierce :/
https://www.simhorseracing.com/rankings ... tivePoints

But 5k can be worth a life time nomination :)
Last edited by Sara Julin 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Savina Lazaki
Sprinter

Post by Savina Lazaki »

Are any of the cup races restricted to 3 year olds?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Savina Lazaki wrote: 2 years ago Are any of the cup races restricted to 3 year olds?
There are no 3yo restricted SC races, they're either 3yo+ or 2yo only.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I always nominate if I even wishy wash on it. It’s $5k 🤷‍♀️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Zach Wentzel
Miler

Post by Zach Wentzel »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago
Savina Lazaki wrote: 2 years ago Are any of the cup races restricted to 3 year olds?
There are no 3yo restricted SC races, they're either 3yo+ or 2yo only.
Is it only 1/4 and 2 miles or is there like a 1/8 one? For TBs it can get confusing since there's so many sc divisions lol.
Zach Wentzel
Miler

Post by Zach Wentzel »

Sara Julin wrote: 2 years ago
Zach Wentzel wrote: 2 years ago
If he wins that grade 2, his chances of entering the Steward's Cup is still small to none. You can enter and hope he is able to stay to snatch the last spot, and that no other horse bumps him out.

Here you can see the top point horses who might go to the classic. The lowest horse of 50 is at 312p. So the competition to enter is fierce :/
https://www.simhorseracing.com/rankings ... tivePoints

But 5k can be worth a life time nomination :)
True looks like I'll have to prep him for next year if he's as good as that last speed figure says he is lol. But how many horses do they take for the main event? Last year there was a few horses that had less points then mine but that could always change year by year lol
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

You can always nominate and hope for the best but here are just a few things I would consider.

First off Mr. Vella is a fantastic trainer and the fact he sold the horse for $150k should raise a red flag.

Secondly the SC race is 1 1/4 mi and this horse has yet to run a race at that distance so it makes it hard to judge his ability at that distance. Distance is critical and can be frustrating trust me. I have had quite a few great turf routers (Phenomenal One, Rostov, Speak With Fists) that loved shorter distances and just couldn't stretch out to the 1 1/2 mi distance in the turf route SC. My advice is learn your horse and try to run them where they are best, not where you wish they were best. I'm by no means saying your horse can't run 1 1/4 mi but we just don't know yet. And yes it is incredibly difficult when you have to opt out of the higher paying races and settle for lower purse races but in the end you will be happy that you did what was best for your horse.

My third point is one I learned from experience. I was incredibly eager to race my first few stakes horses in SC races but quickly found out that I did way more harm than good. Looking at SF's after a race and the top horses are 95-100 and your horse ran a 60 SF is demoralizing. What is worse is often times the next season you have to enter a few soft races to get your horse's confidence back. So not only did you not cash a paycheck in the big race but the following season you miss out on some nice money making opportunities at the beginning of the season because your horse needs to win back his/her confidence.

Just a few things to consider before you enter an SC race. I'm not saying don't enter or that you will lose but always try to do what is best for your horse and eventually the SC wins will come.
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Well said Ryan!
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

Stew cup noms last the horses lifetime so go ahead do it and if not this year next maybe !
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Xander Zone wrote: 2 years ago Stew cup noms last the horses lifetime so go ahead do it and if not this year next maybe !
If noms only lasted for the year it would take a ton of money of of the game.

Paging The Steward.