Getting the name right ;)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Re: Getting the name right ;)

Post by Diane Townsend »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago
Diane Townsend wrote: 2 years ago Message about a lesson horse this morning:

"No one's quite sure how Very Hungry keeps getting out of the stall but they keep finding her grazing on the lawn!"
That is funny.

Has Very Hungry ever tried to bite a child? :shock:

Stormy
Not yet but it is early days. She has only been a lesson horse for a couple of weeks!
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

In her 1st race and living up to her name.

Y'all Watch This

Her running line cracked me up!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php ... pped%20out

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago In her 1st race and living up to her name.

Y'all Watch This

Her running line cracked me up!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php ... pped%20out

Stormy
Ok that genuinely made me LOL, she found every possible way to mess up in that race :lol:
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 2 years ago
Ok that genuinely made me LOL, she found every possible way to mess up in that race :lol:
I did laugh out loud when I read that running line, how suited to the name I gave her.

Some time ago, I reserved the name 'Hold My Beer' -- When Y'all Watch This retires, I'm going to tag one of her foals with the name.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Lesson horse this morning
Dreamingofschnapps was looking for a little snack during lesson time today and decided that the flower box looked tasty.
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Diane Townsend wrote: 1 year ago Lesson horse this morning
Dreamingofschnapps was looking for a little snack during lesson time today and decided that the flower box looked tasty.
I've heard of snap dragons, but not schnapps dragons
-- You have a confused horse or one that needs intervention ;)

-------
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

The first "Double Dog Dare Ya" - which I bred and named - turned out to be a claimer that declined to "stiff and awkward"; so when I was looking for a name for my Obsidian Fury-Yellowtail colt I struck upon that one since "yellow" is slang for a coward, and how you get someone to do something they don't want to is to dare them (and if you are a fan of A Christmas Story - you 'double dog dare" them) so the name was transferred - and he went and galloped freak.

The fact he even exists at all is because I have enough sim $ to check my productive and below unraced 5yo mares to see if they rate formidable or better and then breed them for at least 2 foals. Yellowtail rated "formidable" - her subsequent foals have been 2 claimers and a productive. (And by the way - Stormy - you have Yellowtail's 1/2 sister Giant Sky in your broodmare barn)
I'm just here for the fun of it
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago
Shannon Hunt wrote: 2 years ago
I did laugh out loud when I read that running line, how suited to the name I gave her.

Some time ago, I reserved the name 'Hold My Beer' -- When Y'all Watch This retires, I'm going to tag one of her foals with the name.

Stormy
Like that!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 1 year ago ...... Yellowtail rated "formidable" - her subsequent foals have been 2 claimers and a productive. (And by the way - Stormy - you have Yellowtail's 1/2 sister Giant Sky in your broodmare barn)
Giant Sky is also a formidable.
I booked her to Obsidian Fury for next year. Just bred her to my other stallion Tuck Everlasting.
I sent her to Mal for her first foal. She hypoed a B+ with all three.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1625149& (I like the Itoko x 2 and Shahir'ra in the 3rd generation...plus Foretold on top...she's a nice broodmare, foaled 3 freaks so far)

Also, Y'all Watch This...was bred today too.
I sent her to Tuck Everlasting, and I did name the colt "Hold My Beer" He will probably take after his mom, and be a complete, but hopefully funny, disaster on the track:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1625153&

:P

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 1 year ago The first "Double Dog Dare Ya" - which I bred and named - turned out to be a claimer that declined to "stiff and awkward"; so when I was looking for a name for my Obsidian Fury-Yellowtail colt I struck upon that one since "yellow" is slang for a coward, and how you get someone to do something they don't want to is to dare them (and if you are a fan of A Christmas Story - you 'double dog dare" them) so the name was transferred - and he went and galloped freak.

The fact he even exists at all is because I have enough sim $ to check my productive and below unraced 5yo mares to see if they rate formidable or better and then breed them for at least 2 foals. Yellowtail rated "formidable" - her subsequent foals have been 2 claimers and a productive. (And by the way - Stormy - you have Yellowtail's 1/2 sister Giant Sky in your broodmare barn)
Carolyn, congrats on your 2nd Double Dog Dare Ya, coming in 2nd in the Arc....that's a pretty hefty paycheck!

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000