California Chrome sprinters

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

California Chrome sprinters

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Has anyone else had a CA Chrome sprinter? I’ve got one that’s doing nicely for me, but in a quick glance through his offspring I didn’t notice any other stakes sprinters. Now I am sorta wondering…maybe mine isn’t really a sprinter lol.
Tom Mudgett
Derby Contender

Re: California Chrome sprinters

Post by Tom Mudgett »

Chrome is definitely one of the go to dm game point sires, beyond that I don't know.
Zarley - 25k - DM
Troika - 25k - DM
Timeweaver - 20k - DM
Swordsman - 15k - DM
Fra Mauro - 15k - DM
Some Rocky Socket - 10k - DM/DR
Cotton Eye Joe - 5k - DM
Bourg - 3.5k - DM
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Yours is definitely good at sprinting, and he's equally good sprint/1 1/16/mile. At 1 1/8 and beyond it gets questionable. I love your filly and would buy :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago Yours is definitely good at sprinting, and he's equally good sprint/1 1/16/mile. At 1 1/8 and beyond it gets questionable. I love your filly and would buy :-)
Oooo😯
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Me, when The Stew gets on and gives hints about my horses.

"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 2 years ago
Oooo😯
This girl finished 2nd in the SC F&M Sprint, and Em messaged me and was like, "You know... she is actually a miler." *mind blown*
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago Yours is definitely good at sprinting, and he's equally good sprint/1 1/16/mile. At 1 1/8 and beyond it gets questionable. I love your filly and would buy :-)
This is a filly with WOGS as the dam sire? And it can run 1 1/16?
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Tim Matthews wrote: 2 years ago
No, he being California Chrome, not he being a filly.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago
Tim Matthews wrote: 2 years ago
No, he being California Chrome, not he being a filly.
You should know by now that I cannot read.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Paul Sellers wrote: 2 years ago Me, when The Stew gets on and gives hints about my horses.

I read the post a few times last night to make sure my eyes had worked properly and I wasn't having delusions The filly's figs have been modest and she's a LB, so I've kept her pretty sheltered. She'll get to try tougher questions this year. And she can be my first headshot horse. I was saving that honor for my first G1 winner, but a Steward thumbs-up is just as good!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1297784