Festivus is around the corner…

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Festivus is around the corner…

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Zach Wentzel wrote: 2 years ago When will it be in EST?
I believe 3 am, Saturday.
Zach Wentzel
Miler

Post by Zach Wentzel »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago
Zach Wentzel wrote: 2 years ago When will it be in EST?
I believe 3 am, Saturday.
I just checked the calendar and it said 3 PM this Friday but it could totally be wrong lol
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Zach Wentzel wrote: 2 years ago
I just checked the calendar and it said 3 PM this Friday but it could totally be wrong lol
The new year starts at 3PM, but since races don't open until 12 hours later, you can't gallop until 3AM. The moment known as Festivus.
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Savina Lazaki
Sprinter

Post by Savina Lazaki »

This is my first crop, so I'm kind of excited about all of them. Mostly though, this unnamed filly (since everything is taken you have to earn a name around here):

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1448076

I got her mare from a mare swap of one of those Bernardini mares a while back, so I have a lot of eggs in this basket in particular.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Savina Lazaki wrote: 2 years ago This is my first crop, so I'm kind of excited about all of them. Mostly though, this unnamed filly (since everything is taken you have to earn a name around here):

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1448076

I got her mare from a mare swap of one of those Bernardini mares a while back, so I have a lot of eggs in this basket in particular.
See I am totally lazy and if I owned that one she would already be christened Shancelfeist.

I am scared to breathe life into my hopes for Festivus because there is one colt that I have way too much of my hopes pinned on this year. But all toes and fingers are crossed. Good luck everyone.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I have 45 foals and I'm quite excited for at least 40 of them, but these 6 are maybe my best hopes:

Parts Unknown x Ariel
Just a great pedigree really

Battleships-War Like Me x Baby Shark Doo Doo
Thanks to Lily for this one, I hope she does well!

Mr. Wonderful x Famitsu
By that awesome dual SC producer of this year, and out of a SC winning champion mare, with a champion pedigree

Moulay El Hassan x Insignia Imperalis
Awesome sire who was a dual SC winner, and the dam is a SC winner and looks like a pretty special blue hen, with all A hypos (including one to an AWR??)

Contrail x La Forza
Contrail has given me 2 stakes from 2 foals to gallop, and the dam of this one is a SC winner and a promising blue hen

Talus x See You When
A 1/2 brother to SC winner See You in the Dark, and Chimbo winner Mahler
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

16 hours to go...
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Full day of work, but when I get the kids to bet at 8:30 ... ugh ... then I'm gonna get antsy.
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 2 years ago Image

16 hours to go...
I’m not a fan of there gifs, but this one is truly fitting!
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

"Showing 1 to 500 of 1506 horses"

Thank goodness for mass gallops.

-- John Galsworthy
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I'm excited for them all, that way it spreads the disappointment more evenly
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago
Polk Buffalo wrote: 2 years ago Image

16 hours to go...
I’m not a fan of there gifs, but this one is truly fitting!
Too funny!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

For the first time since I started playing I really culled back on my breeding. Its super scary since I've always felt I needed the numbers to get good results. I bred 71 this year after having crops of 376,565 and 438 the previous 3 years. I'm nervous but excited! And either way I'll have a lot less to deal with next year.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Louise, I read that as you having bred 376,565 foals in one year. My first thought, was HOLY *, that's a lot of foals. LOL.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Eric Gray wrote: 2 years ago Louise, I read that as you having bred 376,565 foals in one year. My first thought, was HOLY *, that's a lot of foals. LOL.
I'm not THAT crazy Eric! ;)
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder