TB Gallops-How Did You Do?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

TB Gallops-How Did You Do?

Post by Carole Hanson »

I did really bad this season:
45 foals
9 claimer-20%
7 solid-15.5%
9 productive-20%
14 allowance-31.1%
4 stakes-8.8%
1 freak (that I didn't even breed lol)-2.2%

4 TR stakes, the freak is DR and other than that DR and TS sucked for me.

Stakes are by: Deputy Governor, The Tearjerker, Don't Forget Me and Moulay El Hassan. Freak is by: War Like Me
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Re: TB Gallops-How Did You Do?

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

2 freaks - woot!
Amelia Earhart - AW router by Avacas and
Light in Her Eyes - TR by Brilliance

6 stakes - 4 DR, 1 TR and 1 TM

26 allowance
18 productive
11 solids
19 claimers
6 chasers that galloped different career
I'm just here for the fun of it
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

2 stakes -1 late and 1 progressive both TM
8 allowance
2 productive
7 Claimers
And 4 are Steeplechase that I just galloped so I don't know yet
I am crazy happy about the freaks tho!! And some allowance that are late bloomers, Can't wait!!

Sorry I had freak up there before lol 2 stakes
Last edited by Anthony Zappulla 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

Doing the rough math you still beat me percentage wise, although I realize you have an elite stable with high standards. I'm happy with almost 9% stakes and freaks in what is my third crop, not too down about 10% claimers but frowning over the 50% of solids and productives in the middle. (this is my stats for all flat horses, not just TBs)

I galloped mine alphabetically by dam but it seems the allowance comments ran out halfway through, after that it was all or nothing.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I started with my tier 2 and tier 3 broodmares this morning slowly working my way through two cups of coffee growing cold. Beginning to accept the fact that this crop would have a wide race-able base quality (lots of allowance) but no actual edge. Then as I reached the end (and my tier 1 favourite mares) it felt like confetti was raining around the room and music started playing. That kind of feeling. :)

Out of 67 TB yearlings bred, there were four freaks:

Karazhan x Million Reasons
I am *so* happy with this filly. Not only is she Karazhan's first freak, but she's also a combination of two of my favourite mares to race. Out of Million Reasons with her iron will, winning the SC Ladies Route in front of Kris Bobby's glorious Finally Found You, coming in second in the Louisville Oaks only a head behind Stephen Saratoga's The Sky is Blue. She actually also beat Todd Lucas' Ransack in the G2 Empire Maker Stakes back when they were both young. Million Reasons was a stakes her entire career but she didn't seem to care much for that label. Being a daughter of Karazhan, this yearling filly is then also a daughter of my first "big" homebred TB and granddaughter of Sing Back Louder, who was my first "big" owned TB.

War Like Me x Mezzanine
My wonderful Mezzanine seemed to think Erin Sanderson's bay colt was definitely her cup of tea. It was the first time I tried to combine these particular bloodlines myself and I am really happy it turned out. Mezzanine had not only one, but two daughters turn freak today. Her oldest daughter by Dave Matthews Band decided it was time to reach her peak too.

Dave Matthews Band x Make a New World
If anyone remembers me waiting for a late blooming mare turning 5,5 yrs old without reaching peak, that is the mother of this colt. Make a New World is the Stewardbred daughter of Sing Back Louder, sired by the striking red The People's Horse. Both Jon Xett's Dave Matthews Band and Glenn Escobar's The People's Horse were flashy and fast on the track and I'm really curious to find out how it translates when combined with Sing Back Louder's strength and stubbornness (heart, if you wish).

Mr. Wonderful x Sing Back Louder
this mare.. this is the seventh of her eight foals to date to be freaks. Only the Stewardbred daughter mentioned above got retired before she got the chance to reach peak. I am so grateful I managed to bid my then entire income on her before I got outbid. Likewise grateful the game decided Pietro Vella's bid on Hear You Me would go through instead of the bid he made on Sing Back Louder. Little did I know then, what kind of mare she'd be to me.

7 stakes:
Strong and Free x Tashmin
Tashmin being a stakeswinner and earner of almost 800k, a granddaughter of a mare I once leased from Fern Thompson. Coming from a maternal line that produced Beagle, Murmurs and Luna.

Karazhan x Xivilai
A 2-3 to Sing Back Louder's and Mezzanine's mother Dream Away which seemed to have turned out well

Parts Unknown x Clara Oswald
Thank you Nini for the lease! Clara Oswald being a daughter of Why You Dream (thus a sister of Kingdom Come)

Red Balloon x Velonia

Velonia being a granddaughter of Elan. Elan who was once generously given to me by Brandon McNulty. Elan is a full sister of Gentle Touch

Shancelot x Shamanin
This is Shamanin's second stakes daughter sired by Shancelot. They seem to appreciate each others company. Shamanin herself is a SC winner.

War Like Me x With this Regard
I was glad to see this colt turning stakes too. With This Regard is coming from a little unusual maternal line, but trailing back to Manistique, one of the greats from when the game was young. Hello War like Me! I'm glad you like my mares here!

(I actually also had a pacer freak. I didn't think much about it until realizing the numbers were adjusted :) )

67 TB
4 freaks: 6%
7 stakes: 10%
23 allowance: 34%

92 all breeds
5 freaks: 5%
9 stakes: 10%
29 allowance: 32%
Last edited by Ash Tarasin 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Finally, the trifecta.
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

Out of all 60 horses I galloped I got

8 DC's (there steeplechasers no big deal)
4 Claimers
12 solids
23 Productives
5 Allowances (All Late Bloomer)
1 Stakes (late bloomer to)
1 Chase Some Potential
4 Chase Claimers
1 Chase Allowance
1 Chase Stakes
2 Chase Freaks (both late bloomers)
"Nathan you tweaking"
Clarehaven Stables
Sprinter

Post by Clarehaven Stables »

163 foals all TB

2 Freaks
6 Stakes
38 Allowance
42 Productive
20 Solids
52 Claimers
3 Different careers includes one breeding a blue hen turf sprinter to a dirt sprinter!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Out of 27:

2 freaks (7.4%)
3 stakes (11%) (Bonus: 2 of them are by Maximus!)
6 allowance (22%)
11 productive (40%)
3 solid (11%)
2 claimer (7.4%)

Can't complain at all about these results. While I am a little disappointed with my productive and below percentages, I couldn't be happier with the big 2.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I did really poorly by most people's standards, but I'm proud of myself, because after a couple years of breeding DS to TR because I didn't pay attention, or flat to chasers because I didn't pay attention, or just really nothing mares to really nothing stallions that nicked badly on top of that, last year after about half my breeding was done I actually started researching how to do things, and actually felt like I was making informed decisions, and while most of my existing mares are unpredictable/formidable I came away 11 allowance (12%) most of them late bloomers. None of them will probably do a thing in relation to game significance, but I've never even bred an allowance yearling before so I'm pleased to see that I am sort of starting to figure out how to do this properly.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Nicole Marie wrote: 2 years ago ..and while most of my existing mares are unpredictable/formidable I came away 11 allowance (12%) most of them late bloomers.
Allowance is really good. They are the foundation of what is to follow in coming years. I've been playing for five real life years (which may be a short time compared to many others) and I am really pleased with allowance. In particular when I start out in a new division.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

1 Freak (TM Late Bloomer)
16 Stakes (7 LB, 6 Pr, 3 Pe)
40 Allowance (10 LB, 26 Pr, 4 Pe)
44 Productive
26 Solid
46 Claimer

Excited for my freaky TM 😍

I haven’t bought a stewie in a few years, so all homebred ❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Nicole Marie wrote: 2 years ago ...poorly by most people's standards, but I'm proud of myself
As long as you're happy, nothing else matters.

*Most people* would be horrified by these numbers, but these percentages translate to 300 allowance and productive fillies who often end up as stakes and freak producers.

Freaks: 0.1%
Stakes: 1.3%
Allowance: 12.5%
Productive: 27.3%
Solid: 14.9%
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

From 86 horses

4 freaks (Geocaching (Pacer Colt), The Body Electric and The Chevalier (dirt router colts), and Whiskers 'n' Wishes (Turf Sprinter filly who had her name changed because I wanted a special horse to have that name!)
12 stakes
24 allowance
20 productive
13 solid
13 claimers

needless to say I'm quite pleased

Bring on the year 62 Derby!
I have a stable full of cats
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Ok, still recovering... I've bred my biggest crop (154 flat TB + 4 other things), with better hypos, spending more on stud fees... Expected just a little more 🎆 I think, LOL...as always! Still, a lot of them should be barn improvers so I'll come around. Some of them are really pretty. 😊

3 stakes fillies (1 LB by Avacas, 1 LB by Take By Storm, 1 progressive by Take By Storm)
42 allowance (19 LB)
45 productive
24 solid
40 claimers
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500