TB Gallops-How Did You Do?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Enpea Racing
Sprinter

Re: TB Gallops-How Did You Do?

Post by Enpea Racing »

I only bred 57 total foals (including a few mixers) this year:

2 Freaks (DM colt by Best Revenge - Corbyn and a TM filly by Super Powers out of Tithanos 1/2 sister - Fatalii)
2 Stakes (AWR by Wooton Bassett and an Arabian Router by Heroesalwayswin)
11 Allowance
16 Productive
13 Solid
13 Claimers

Only 3 were 'Peak' so hoping there will be some improvers in there as well!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Some of my mid-tier mares produced a lot worse than I expected they would. That said, I'm kind of terrible at breeding thoroughbreds, so my stakes/freak gallops were a very pleasant surprise.

TR: Follow the Lights produced a freak late bloomer filly by Don't Forget Me. My first born-as-freak TB foal, out of my absolute favorite mare who herself was my first major homebred runner. It's been like seven hours and I'm still giddy about this! I also got a stakes progressive colt by Hozier Daddy.

DR: Never bred a DR stakes before, this year I have three - a stakes progressive each by From Now On and Arizona, and a stakes bloomer by Dave Matthews Band. The FNO and DMB foals are out of a mother-daughter pair (star/hen) I picked up from AJ, the Arizona is out of a $500 claimer who retired star, and all three are fillies so they will hopefully start laying the foundation for some better DR results in my barn.

Hopefully some of the other odds and ends will catch up a bit, eyeballing the training barn I'd estimate just over half my yearlings are late bloomers; only 11 of my 159 TB yearlings are peak. But honestly they could be 100% peak DCs and Lights producing a freak bloomer would completely make up for it anyway.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

bad, bad, and really really bad. 145 foals, 2 stakes, 41 allowances
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Took my numbers way down and had great results

14 foals
2 freaks (Set My Heart On Fire and The Lighthouse)
5 stakes (Arizona, Mr. Wonderful, Napoleon, Obsidian Fury, Slickrock)
1 allowance
3 productive
1 solid
2 claimer
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Rold Gold
Sprinter

Post by Rold Gold »

I did worse than Tim and I don’t know how to do the link thing either….pathetic.

32 foals
0 freaks
6 stakes (4 late bloomers) by: Improvisational, Moulay El Hassan, Moon Faced, Dream Police x3
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

This was definitely my best crop yet, but it was also bigger than usual.
----- 37 Yearlings in My Barn -----
Two Freaks
Eurythmics - Late Bloomer (almost had a random injury as a foal but luckily was insured. GOOD JOB, ME)
Gadot - Peak, Steward Bred. My first Steward Bred Freak... I squealed.

8 Stakes
Napoleon x Bandolini
Private Affair x Sea Hear Now
Poet's Corner x Blame James (2x3 Skyfall, with Skyfall as the third dam) <--- VERY much in love with this filly.
Poet's Corner x Reckless Doctor
Dave Matthews Band x Candy Store Tango (AJ Candy Ride Mare)
War Like Me x Trinket
Delirium x Honest Affection (Steward Bred)
Mr. Wonderful x Safe With Them

14 Allowance - Lots of good breeding and Late Bloomer comments
9 Productive
3 Solid, 1 Claimer
Last edited by Lily Wilkins 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

2 Freaks - Best Revenge, Mishriff (both last foals from the dams lol Enchantment and Run Wild)
9 Stakes
21 Allowance
41 Productive
14 Solid
19 Claimers
1 Ew
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 2 years ago I started with my tier 2 and tier 3 broodmares this morning slowly working my way through two cups of coffee growing cold. Beginning to accept the fact that this crop would have a wide race-able base quality (lots of allowance) but no actual edge. Then as I reached the end (and my tier 1 favourite mares) it felt like confetti was raining around the room and music started playing. That kind of feeling. :)

Out of 67 TB yearlings bred, there were four freaks:

Karazhan x Million Reasons
I am *so* happy with this filly. Not only is she Karazhan's first freak, but she's also a combination of two of my favourite mares to race. Out of Million Reasons with her iron will, winning the SC Ladies Route in front of Kris Bobby's glorious Finally Found You, coming in second in the Louisville Oaks only a head behind Stephen Saratoga's The Sky is Blue. She actually also beat Todd Lucas' Ransack in the G2 Empire Maker Stakes back when they were both young. Million Reasons was a stakes her entire career but she didn't seem to care much for that label. Being a daughter of Karazhan, this yearling filly is then also a daughter of my first "big" homebred TB and granddaughter of Sing Back Louder, who was my first "big" owned TB.

War Like Me x Mezzanine
My wonderful Mezzanine seemed to think Erin Sanderson's bay colt was definitely her cup of tea. It was the first time I tried to combine these particular bloodlines myself and I am really happy it turned out. Mezzanine had not only one, but two daughters turn freak today. Her oldest daughter by Dave Matthews Band decided it was time to reach her peak too.

Dave Matthews Band x Make a New World
If anyone remembers me waiting for a late blooming mare turning 5,5 yrs old without reaching peak, that is the mother of this colt. Make a New World is the Stewardbred daughter of Sing Back Louder, sired by the striking red The People's Horse. Both Jon Xett's Dave Matthews Band and Glenn Escobar's The People's Horse were flashy and fast on the track and I'm really curious to find out how it translates when combined with Sing Back Louder's strength and stubbornness (heart, if you wish).

Mr. Wonderful x Sing Back Louder
this mare.. this is the seventh of her eight foals to date to be freaks. Only the Stewardbred daughter mentioned above got retired before she got the chance to reach peak. I am so grateful I managed to bid my then entire income on her before I got outbid. Likewise grateful the game decided Pietro Vella's bid on Hear You Me would go through instead of the bid he made on Sing Back Louder. Little did I know then, what kind of mare she'd be to me.

7 stakes:
Strong and Free x Tashmin
Tashmin being a stakeswinner and earner of almost 800k, a granddaughter of a mare I once leased from Fern Thompson. Coming from a maternal line that produced Beagle, Murmurs and Luna.

Karazhan x Xivilai
A 2-3 to Sing Back Louder's and Mezzanine's mother Dream Away which seemed to have turned out well

Parts Unknown x Clara Oswald
Thank you Nini for the lease! Clara Oswald being a daughter of Why You Dream (thus a sister of Kingdom Come)

Red Balloon x Velonia

Velonia being a granddaughter of Elan. Elan who was once generously given to me by Brandon McNulty. Elan is a full sister of Gentle Touch

Shancelot x Shamanin
This is Shamanin's second stakes daughter sired by Shancelot. They seem to appreciate each others company. Shamanin herself is a SC winner.

War Like Me x With this Regard
I was glad to see this colt turning stakes too. With This Regard is coming from a little unusual maternal line, but trailing back to Manistique, one of the greats from when the game was young. Hello War like Me! I'm glad you like my mares here!

(I actually also had a pacer freak. I didn't think much about it until realizing the numbers were adjusted :) )

67 TB
4 freaks: 6%
7 stakes: 10%
23 allowance: 34%

92 all breeds
5 freaks: 5%
9 stakes: 10%
29 allowance: 32%
I was wondering where all that noise was coming from? Must have been you celebrating? Congratulations :!:
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Whelp, no freaks 2nd year in a row, interesting though that 3 stakes horses at the age of 3 and 4 galloped up to freak, so despite no yearling freaks, I will be racing the most freaks in my small barn than ever this year. one of the freaks at halfway started as allowance, another was a stakes peak gallop before freaking out on me. So I guess you can't assume much whether bloomin or not.
Jon Snyder
Classic Contender

Post by Jon Snyder »

3 Stakes out of 58 foals. Sires were...

True Warrior
Ransack
Astro
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 2 years ago
Nicole Marie wrote: 2 years ago ..and while most of my existing mares are unpredictable/formidable I came away 11 allowance (12%) most of them late bloomers.
Allowance is really good. They are the foundation of what is to follow in coming years. I've been playing for five real life years (which may be a short time compared to many others) and I am really pleased with allowance. In particular when I start out in a new division.
Seven of the 11 are fillies, so I'm hoping to discover a few stars/hens in a couple of years.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Nicole Marie wrote: 2 years ago
Ash Tarasin wrote: 2 years ago
Nicole Marie wrote: 2 years ago ..and while most of my existing mares are unpredictable/formidable I came away 11 allowance (12%) most of them late bloomers.
Allowance is really good. They are the foundation of what is to follow in coming years. I've been playing for five real life years (which may be a short time compared to many others) and I am really pleased with allowance. In particular when I start out in a new division.
Seven of the 11 are fillies, so I'm hoping to discover a few stars/hens in a couple of years.
Same here, 2 fillies are allowance late bloomers and that's exciting!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Thought I'd join in this time around. I bred way more foals than I wanted to, at 132 (compared to just 30 last season), but I wanted to see if breeding everything would give me a coveted stakes/freak horse (it didn't).

15 Allowance (11%)
38 Productive (29%)
21 Solid (16%)
49 Claimer (37%)
9 Different Career (7%)

Not too concerned about the different career horses. Some were crosses between DS and AWS so it was expected, and some are a mystery to me so I wonder if they are just lazy yearlings. The majority of my yearlings are late blooming, including 6 of the Allowance horses, so I have some hope yet.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Mara Jade Vess
Miler

Post by Mara Jade Vess »

Kind of a weird year for me as I didn't put much thought into breeding like usual.

From 30 TBs, I had:
1 freak (Dave Matthews Band x Rewrite the Stars)
1 stakes (Riven Gold x Ramodi)
3 allowance
13 productive
4 solid
7 claimer

Overall, fine with the results.
At Stud
Chuck Tingle – DR
$7,500
Dream All Day – DR
$12,500

Coming Soon
Y59: Sunrise inthe Dawn – AWR
Y60: Faded Memory – DR

A Complete Historical Guide to the Louisville Derby
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

My crop total was down significantly from my more active years, but I had some of the best percentages ever - quality over quantity. :D This is also the first year in almost 20 years that 1) I've had a bell shaped curve instead of camel humps and 2) my claimer percentage was below 20%.

7 Stakes - 7%
32 Allowance - 32%
24 Productive - 24%
22 Solid - 22%
14 Claimer - 14%
99 Total

Stakes
Acclamation x Bougee (filly)
Avacas x Good Magic (colt)
Avacas x Simi Valley (colt)
Bennie and the Jets x Le Vent Se Leve (colt)
Soft Eyes x Abashiri (filly)
Sound the Bugle x On Safari (filly)
Takeshi Kovacs x Catfood N Sadness (colt)