19 Year Old Stallion?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: 19 Year Old Stallion?

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I bred this filly by him two seasons ago, and I remember thinking "I better go ahead and make this foal cause I bet he wont be around much longer" as I did the hypo-mating :lol:
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

We are aware that we need to increase the Ban Hammer (er..... or the like) we used to have no 17 year olds either (all "killed off" by 16) and now there are 7 of those. MORE BAN HAMMER!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: ↑2 years ago We are aware that we need to increase the Ban Hammer (er..... or the like) we used to have no 17 year olds either (all "killed off" by 16) and now there are 7 of those. MORE BAN HAMMER!
Logan's Run rules in effect!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Keefer’s in the same boat.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Thanks for the heads up:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horsedet ... ID=1491397

19 year old stallion. 14 year old mare. She always did prefer older men!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I decided to dreg up my oldest DR mare, a "could surprise' type, age 25, she had never been bred - so I sent her to him.
I don't have high hopes of the filly being anything great, but then too...there's always that chance of being surprised : )

In looking at her pedigree along with Spectre's, I liked all the strong females I was seeing on the chart. The resulting filly has some well known dams who are still in the area of influence on the chart:
Such Great Heights, Maryland Millions, and Whitney.. Plus Skyfall as her sire's dam. : )

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1491526

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Stormy Peak wrote: ↑2 years ago I decided to dreg up my oldest DR mare, a "could surprise' type, age 25, she had never been bred - so I sent her to him.
I don't have high hopes of the filly being anything great, but then too...there's always that chance of being surprised : )

In looking at her pedigree along with Spectre's, I liked all the strong females I was seeing on the chart. The resulting filly has some well known dams who are still in the area of influence on the chart:
Such Great Heights, Maryland Millions, and Whitney.. Plus Skyfall as her sire's dam. : )

Stormy
It would have been so epic if she survived :lol:
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Stormy Peak wrote: ↑2 years ago I decided to dreg up my oldest DR mare, a "could surprise' type, age 25, she had never been bred - so I sent her to him.
Stormy
Nice idea Stormy. I was trying to not breed mares early this year but this idea is intriguing. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1492589. I love seeing all the cool yesteryear headshots in his pedigree. "Be cool Yolanda (Honey Bunny)", jX
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Jon Xett wrote: ↑2 years ago
Nice idea Stormy. I was trying to not breed mares early this year but this idea is intriguing. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1492589. I love seeing all the cool yesteryear headshots in his pedigree. "Be cool Yolanda (Honey Bunny)", jX
I haven't thought about Zulu Dancer in forever. I always thought he was a nice stallion...didn't win a lot on the track, but he still sired 2 millionaires and 2 multimillionaires, and had a few others that came close to being millionaires.

I hope the experimental colt works out great, he too has a lot of blasts from the past memories in his pedigree.
And just because I'm completive even in the silliest things... I did a head count between our two foals.

My Filly has 11 headshots in her pedigree
Your Colt, has 10 headshots in his pedigree

I Win :mrgreen:

lol.
----------

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Gwayne's World wrote: ↑2 years ago Thanks for the heads up:

12 headshots, beat both of you.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Choices is 18 and still kicking! :)
✧.* SIM Artist ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nena Olson wrote: ↑2 years ago Choices is 18 and still kicking! :)
I sent a 10 year old, formidable type, mare to him.
I don't have much for high quality AW mares either. :P Most of my stable is turfy. : )

She did hypo a B+ with him and there was a very slight chance the foal could have been born with 2 heads.
Acclamation figures in on both the top and distaff lines. ;)

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1492895&

I haven't run an All Weather type horse in a long long time, so it will be kind of fun to dip my toe into that division again.
----------
Stormy,

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Gwayne's World wrote: ↑2 years ago
Gwayne's World wrote: ↑2 years ago Thanks for the heads up:

12 headshots, beat both of you.
Congrats. : )

and oh well... at least I'm the 1st loser. :lol:

--------

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I just bred a 31 year old mare to Hozier Daddy.... and she lived. lol :shock: 8-)

Go Get Your Award was sired by Foreward, a son of Sadler's Wells, out of my foundation mare Foremost. He earned a little over $500,000 on the track, and his stud career was less than stellar.

I gave up on her racing career a bit too early - raced her 3 times, without correct equipment, and I should have let her further than 1 1/8 miles. As I recall, I had a huge racing barn back then and was just wanted to reduce the numbers, so I cut her career short.

When she retired, her broodmare status was 'good, could surprise' so, I never bred her until she was 29 years old.
On a whim, I figured to kill her off and bred her to Mal to blend some of the older Foremost line in with some of the newer generations. The hypo on her and Mal were B- and the filly, named, Y'all Watch This, and is a different career late bloomer.

I hope she will up-grade to a claimer, or at least be one of those different careers who bring in a steady paycheck. I have one different career who's just turned 5 and earned a hair over $50,000 ...so they can pay their way and make a nice profit sometimes.

I bred Go Get Your Award to the nice young stallion, Hozier Daddy (Stud Fee $75,000).
They hypoed a solid B with each other.

Hozier Daddy

~ I think Hozier Daddy is off to a really good start as a sire, although his offspring have as yet to hit the track.

~His percentages for lower quality foals are rather low. He has no 'different careers' type foals and has single digit percentages on the solid and claimer types.

~His middle quality foals, productives and allowances, are double digit as far as percentages...with his allowance types over 40 percent.

~He was 5 stake type foals and a freak already, with only 33 foals having gallops. His stakes foal percentage is little over 15%.

On a Whim

I love that in the 3rd generation, there is a strong broodmare line up with Foremost, Shahir'ra and Restored Royalty.
She also has some older, interesting stallions in there too...with Take Me up, Sidney, Theatrical, and Featured Attraction

So I hope with a decent slide and a nicer sire than what Foreward was...this resulting filly will be better than a different career. And too, maybe her dam will survive this year and I'll get one more out of her when she's 32. : )

A lot of times my 'on a whim' breedings don't produce much, but there have been a few occasions that I got a decent runner and had a lot of fun campaigning them and seeing their foals do ok in the breeding shed after they retire.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000