Simmy Voting

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Simmy Voting

Post by The Steward »

Fixed! The two categories affected were Older Male Steeplchaser (tie) and Arabian Older Female (tie).
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago Fixed! The two categories affected were Older Male Steeplchaser (tie) and Arabian Older Female (tie).
Can we vote for Song of the Sheikh on the horse of the year ballot? :)
I have a stable full of cats
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

I thought she had a HOTY type of year, Brian, but she's been butting her head against this new system since day one with her big win against the boys in Week 4 (beating Alsayyad decisively head to head) not even properly counted. Despite that, she tied for Older Arabian Female, but then again, didn't even make the ballot for the second round. Her only blip was in Week 14, when she ran at two miles for the first time and finished second, but avenged that loss two weeks later at two miles in the SC. At this point, I feel the voting is already tainted and it won't matter where she ends up because of it.

EDIT: She's included in the voting now, but only after voting had already been up for a while. She's still at a disadvantage because of issues in both rounds.
Last edited by Steve Leavitt 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Why is All-Weather one category for voting? Shouldn't there be North American All Weather and European All Weather?
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Why not just crown the point leader in each division champ?

Would be a good poll topic. For or against?
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Gwayne's World wrote: 2 years ago Why not just crown the point leader in each division champ?

I for one welcome the chance for Horse Of The Year to be something that never won a G1!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago
Gwayne's World wrote: 2 years ago Why not just crown the point leader in each division champ?

I for one welcome the chance for Horse Of The Year to be something that never won a G1!
With the qualifier, a horse must be a G1 winner.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Gwayne's World wrote: 2 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago

With the qualifier, a horse must be a G1 winner.
That's not what you proposed, and it defeats the purpose of just going by points :D