The forever wait... :P

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

The forever wait... :P

Post by Stormy Peak »

Why do 2 year old milers and routers have ... to....wait....soooo .... long...before they get to run. :P lol

I have a 2 year old Freak Progressive turf miler that I am so excited about...want to see him on the track : )

Daydream Believer

He's out of a formidable type, Distant Dream mare - by the sire, Hempstead
Pretty cool that he managed to sire a freak off of formidable type mare and they had a B+ hypo.
At the time I sent my mare to him, he didn't have much for stats, being a younger stallion -- but now his percent of Stakes Winners is almost at 16% !
I often shy away from young unproven stallions, but I have no regrets sending my mare to him. 8-)

I gave Daydream Believer a work today:

4 furlong turf -- Time: 0:45:79

I checked to see where he was at on the Workouts for that distance and with the perimeters:
Year 60 - Top Horse - Male - 2 year old - Turf Milers

He's in the #1 spot by a decent margin, the horse in the 2nd spot is Allure of the Seas, at 0:45:96

I then changed the 'Year 60' to 'All Time' and Daydream Believer was at #10 on that list.

It's been a while since I've had a nice turf miler...and that was Dark Shadows who in the last race of his career, won
the SC Turf Mile for me.

So I'm really excited about this colt. I want to race him like next week...lol

-------------
Stormy.
Last edited by Stormy Peak 2 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: The forever wait... :P

Post by Nick Gilmore »

That’s what barrier trials are for, but then it seems only a very few people are using them.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago That’s what barrier trials are for, but then it seems only a very few people are using them.
I often use them for training purposes for my older horses when they need a confidence boost. However, they are not real races.
They have no points, no purses, and they cost GPs, which I usually don't have a lot of anyways :p

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Good luck Stormy! I'll be watching for that one.