New Trainer of the Year Voting - Ballot Error?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

New Trainer of the Year Voting - Ballot Error?

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I think there was an error when the ballots were created.
The trainer with the most wins last season was left off the ballot? I noticed some inconsistencies with the harness ballots as well, but this one is kind of a big deal so wanted to give it some attention.

A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Re: New Trainer of the Year Voting - Ballot Error?

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Yup Without mentioning names. I did notice two glaring omissions that were left off the harness ballot. And one person on the ballot I don’t understand how that person deserves to be on when the other two were left off
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The New Trainer is going to be redone, we figured out yesterday that it wasn't counting people who had left Trial Park any longer. So that's a known error.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

One of the nominees for Breeder of the Year hasn't bred any horses?
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago The New Trainer is going to be redone, we figured out yesterday that it wasn't counting people who had left Trial Park any longer. So that's a known error.
Not sure if that was it, Derek Rankine is still a new player and still at trial park
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Pietro Vella wrote: 2 years ago
The Steward wrote: 2 years ago The New Trainer is going to be redone, we figured out yesterday that it wasn't counting people who had left Trial Park any longer. So that's a known error.
Not sure if that was it, Derek Rankine is still a new player and still at trial park
Right, but as of the players who were New last year before graduating,
Yeisha Amora, 37178, wins = 193
Sophie O'connor, 37453, wins = 120

So Derek with his 53 wasn't in the top 2.

ETA the one that is really missing was Savina Lazaki with 276, which were split between New and Junior, so we have to change the report to figure out which wins go where.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Off topic, but I'd love to see a new category.

Thoroughbred Trainer Of The Year

Seems only fair since the other categories have their own already.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

"Yup Without mentioning names. I did notice two glaring omissions that were left off the harness ballot. And one person on the ballot I don’t understand how that person deserves to be on when the other two were left off"

I don't really care personally but something is wrong with the system here. There is a person nominated that won 13 races total for the whole year all divsions. And others I had to really dig deep (in the standings) to find their names.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Kent Saunders wrote: 2 years ago "Yup Without mentioning names. I did notice two glaring omissions that were left off the harness ballot. And one person on the ballot I don’t understand how that person deserves to be on when the other two were left off"

I don't really care personally but something is wrong with the system here. There is a person nominated that won 13 races total for the whole year all divsions. And others I had to really dig deep (in the standings) to find their names.
That one person was #1 on both Average earnings per start and win %, and won as many G1s as at least one other person on the ballot despite that person having 100 times as many races.

No respect for those of us with smaller stables, sheesh
I have a stable full of cats
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Kent Saunders wrote: 2 years ago "Yup Without mentioning names. I did notice two glaring omissions that were left off the harness ballot. And one person on the ballot I don’t understand how that person deserves to be on when the other two were left off"

Are you looking at Year 60 (the current year) or Year 59 (the voting year)? I think the 13 wins is for Year 60. Normally we vote before the stats start piling up for the subsequent year, which adds to the complexity of reviewing the records to this week.

As for the Breeder, I think I know which one that is, and that nominee had exactly two horses run (for other players) in Year 59. It seems like there should be a minimum number of homebreds in order to get a nomination (like 10 horses), but I'll defer to the powers that be on that one.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Seems like there needs to be a total rework of how we choose who is on ballot. After all this is a big deal for award stand point and you want it to have real meaning
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Laura, my mistake referencing the 13 wins, was for this season. But the issue stands. By no means did the nominations represent the top trainers in Harness voting. That said, I would not change my vote as there were 2 total standouts last season. I only brought it up as I'm sure it means alot to newer plyers just to get nominated and I think it deserves to be reviewed and/or fixed going forwards....doesn't have to be changed for this season IMO.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago Off topic, but I'd love to see a new category.

+1

Only division that matters anyway :)
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago Off topic, but I'd love to see a new category.

Only If it is TB Non Chaser Trainer of the Year =)