Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Art K Stables »

So here’s my 2 small things , when the triple crown trail ends , if you win one of the top 5 places , first when do you get the cash award , and 2, when do you get the points award? While I was happy to finish 2nd it sure beats last years 6th place finish 😺🤡🤠😎
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Art K Stables wrote: 2 years ago So here’s my 2 small things , when the triple crown trail ends , if you win one of the top 5 places , first when do you get the cash award , and 2, when do you get the points award? While I was happy to finish 2nd it sure beats last years 6th place finish 😺🤡🤠😎
It happens tomorrow after barrier trials (end of the week). :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Hello, I need a mass terminate lease option
;p
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Multiple levels within each gallop comment. Ie:

Low Stakes
Stakes
High Stakes
Low Freak
Freak
High Freak
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

While it’s an interesting thing to further wish to delineate the levels I don’t really see too much value in it because there aren’t a great deal in variation to the type of races to enter .. and in a way it just means more ways to be disappointed when the high stakes throws a bad race in as just one of many examples
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

1) Broodmare sire stats for each individual stud rather than just rankings that only show some studs
2) Separate stud and gallop stats for each crop of a stallion (e.g. a stud's 2yo's are 1 freak, 3 stakes, 15 allowance, 21 productive, 13 claimer. Where his 1yo is 0 freaks, 5 stakes, 17 allowance, 7 productive, 9 claimers etc.)
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago Hello, I need a mass terminate lease option
In turn, I would love a mass ask the bloodstock agent option
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Tim Matthews wrote: 2 years ago
Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago Hello, I need a mass terminate lease option
In turn, I would love a mass ask the bloodstock agent option
+1 Mass BSA
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago Multiple levels within each gallop comment. Ie:

Low Stakes
Stakes
High Stakes
Low Freak
Freak
High Freak
I had once thought this too but now I feel like it would kind of ruin the 'mystery' of the game; or at least the point of it in a way and it'd take away from the excitement of breeding any freak that doesn't have the word 'high' next to it
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I think just for instance in a grade 1 depending on the division that people would shy away from the low freak and just keep with the freak/ high freak when maybe it was that low freaks day to shine , don’t know.. it’s debatable on how much mystery there should be, there’s other sims out there that tell you early on what the peak age of the horse is.. I thought it was helpful and another game showed the rating of the horse ratings of how well rested and energy levels , and while I thought that information was totally useful it might not be that way in the context of this particular sim
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

Hopeless stakes for all breeds maybe just mixers?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Art K Stables wrote: 2 years ago I think just for instance in a grade 1 depending on the division that people would shy away from the low freak and just keep with the freak/ high freak when maybe it was that low freaks day to shine , don’t know.. it’s debatable on how much mystery there should be, there’s other sims out there that tell you early on what the peak age of the horse is.. I thought it was helpful and another game showed the rating of the horse ratings of how well rested and energy levels , and while I thought that information was totally useful it might not be that way in the context of this particular sim
I've always thought a growth curve like in the Gallop Racer games was the best way to show how your horse will progress throughout their career. You might get a horse that is 'past their peak' but on the curve you could see that it's not by much so it might encourage you to race them on. OF course this information would only be visible to the owner of that horse.
Natasha Yar
Miler

Post by Natasha Yar »

One that would show a more accurate representation of a mare’s production history: a mare’s progeny gallop records (is that just a Simperior feature? I can’t remember) could be listed as each foal’s highest gallop level achieved, and not whatever their last gallop was before retiring.
If I’m choosing between two mares to breed, the one with 5 retired allowance gallopers looks like a better option than the one who with 5 retired productives gallopers.
But the comments listed don’t show that actually all of those productives galloped allowance and stakes before peaking and having their ability fall.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Natasha Yar wrote: 2 years ago One that would show a more accurate representation of a mare’s production history: a mare’s progeny gallop records (is that just a Simperior feature? I can’t remember) could be listed as each foal’s highest gallop level achieved, and not whatever their last gallop was before retiring.
If I’m choosing between two mares to breed, the one with 5 retired allowance gallopers looks like a better option than the one who with 5 retired productives gallopers.
But the comments listed don’t show that actually all of those productives galloped allowance and stakes before peaking and having their ability fall.
Yeah, I'd be in favour of this. For stallions too.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Natasha Yar wrote: 2 years ago One that would show a more accurate representation of a mare’s production history: a mare’s progeny gallop records (is that just a Simperior feature? I can’t remember) could be listed as each foal’s highest gallop level achieved, and not whatever their last gallop was before retiring.
The only problem is how to we take into account when the breed is adjusted gallop wise and everything gets pushed lower due to changes. Was the previous stakes gallop legit at that point?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA