Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Danny Derby wrote: 11 months ago I’d like to see the Sim get rid of the GP Stallion Spot gifting. It legitimizes favoritism and cliquiness, while placing a barrier on being able to breed mares.
I'd like to keep this possibility for the same reason.
A major barrier for you (or anyone else in a similar position as yourself), may be a possibility for a player restricted by other barriers that wouldn't affect you personally as much.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Kind of would like the longer career/breeding shed comment as a column option in the custom barns.

I'm a believer in these comments, but now I keep track of them by writing in the horses notes, and that is a very one-by-one way to go about it (or, right, maybe that was one of the goals with adding the comments in the first place...? 🤔).
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

I'd like to keep more info on dead horses, such as notes and the italic owner info under the History tab (vet, gallop comments) and/or soundness and gallop info in the Horse owner action section, please!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Can there be more hints or other ways to figure out equipment? The equipment challenge is mainly what inhibits me from bothering to race my low level horses because I don't have the time/commitment to set up timed workout for everyone for the full range of equipment (particularly when doing that only helps me get equipment right part of the time anyway) anymore, and since they're low level it doesn't seem worth spending the GPs.
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Ma Springs wrote: 11 months ago Kind of would like the longer career/breeding shed comment as a column option in the custom barns.

I'm a believer in these comments, but now I keep track of them by writing in the horses notes, and that is a very one-by-one way to go about it (or, right, maybe that was one of the goals with adding the comments in the first place...? 🤔).
+1
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I don't know if this has been discussed before or how much of a pain it would be to implement, but would it be possible to get broodmare sire statistics on a stallion's stud book page? I know on the rankings page, broodmare sire rankings are available, but if they're not in the top 50 (not very many actively standing stallions are), it's difficult to evaluate. For those of us who breed fillies more to breed later than to race, it would be a huge bonus to the stud book!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 11 months ago I don't know if this has been discussed before or how much of a pain it would be to implement, but would it be possible to get broodmare sire statistics on a stallion's stud book page? I know on the rankings page, broodmare sire rankings are available, but if they're not in the top 50 (not very many actively standing stallions are), it's difficult to evaluate. For those of us who breed fillies more to breed later than to race, it would be a huge bonus to the stud book!
Oohh yes please!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Can we be able to schedule trainings even if the horse is already entered into a race, or currently shipping to a new location?
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Autumn Blackmill wrote: 11 months ago Can we be able to schedule trainings even if the horse is already entered into a race, or currently shipping to a new location?
Interestingly I just learned if you are scheduling training for multiple horses simultaneously it will let you schedule for a horse in transit assuming one of the other horses is not in transit.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Remove barrier trials from nicks starters and winners?
;p
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 10 months ago Remove barrier trials from nicks starters and winners?
This should be done, please verify
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

The Steward wrote: 10 months ago
Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 10 months ago Remove barrier trials from nicks starters and winners?
This should be done, please verify
Looks to be fixed when looking at VOF
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

In light of recent events, I find it odd that the person setting up the auction is the one that has to pay for broodmare comments be displayed (since the buyer would be the one benefiting with more knowledge).

I have a couple of proposals:

1. Keep the option for seller to add in broodmare comments for the GP but if they are not displayed, allow someone who is bidding to pay a nominal amount to see the comments (e.g 250 GP)

2. Automatically include these comment and get rid of the options to include it from the person setting up the auction.

I feel like knowledge is power in this game and whenever I don’t see the comments included I stay away because I assume the seller thinks they will get more $ for their formids and below.

Not sure if the GP from auction set ups are a big source of income for the game but if it is, option 1 gives some power to the buyer and they can decide to bid blind or have the comments revealed. Then they can’t be upset if they bid and get a formid when they thought it was a blue hen, etc.

Option 2 just puts it all out there so maybe people trying to auction off terrible mares won’t do that anymore?

Anyway - just my thoughts
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Gavin Guile wrote: 10 months ago
<edit> I feel like knowledge is power in this game and whenever I don’t see the comments included I stay away because I assume the seller thinks they will get more $ for their formids and below.

<edit> Then they can’t be upset if they bid and get a formid when they thought it was a blue hen, etc.
Very sorry everyone. To deceive everyone at auction was not my intent. I have reached out to all of the successful bidders in my recent auction to offer a buy back plan. jX
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

It’s happened in many auctions, not just yours Jon..tbh I think people bidding without the knowledge should have to stick to their bids and not get refunded but my proposals can help eliminate these interactions/feelings (it’s nice of you to offer refunds when you don’t have to, and player’s don’t have to feel slighted or misled, etc)
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)