Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Two Small Things

Post by LA Pepper »

Gwayne's World wrote: 1 year ago
LA Pepper wrote: 1 year ago PLEASE think about updating broodmare comments. It will prob incite teeth knashing, but we have waaay too many blue hens. Everyone has one or dozens, and in opinion they should be super rare, like 10-20 in the entire Sim.
If you are an experienced breeder, and your blue hen isn't producing after at least 3 foals, you soon realize maybe she isn't as advertised.
Especially when her pedigree tells you she is overrated.
No need to change IMO.
many reasons to change, one being auctions with all blue hens - hundreds.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Would it be possible to have automated messages be sent out when you own a horse nominated for a SIMMY and/or if your horse wins one?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

LA Pepper wrote: 1 year ago PLEASE think about updating broodmare comments. It will prob incite teeth knashing, but we have waaay too many blue hens. Everyone has one or dozens, and in opinion they should be super rare, like 10-20 in the entire Sim.
Or if we could have a new ranking, for mares who produce on an absolutely absurd level like Let It Go and Shahir'ra. Those would be the true Blue Hens, in my opinion, but I can see how removing 99.9% of Blue Hen ratings would lead to a riot. Call them "Once in a Lifetime", "lightning in a bottle", etc. mares. Then maybe a shift like what we saw with gallops to lower Blue Hens across the board to a certain %.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Also, my eyes glazed over looking at all the entries for the TB Simmy's. Would love it if they were split up into different links. Maybe All 2yo awards in one, champion turf horses in another, etc. Or even by region, like all N.A. horses in one, all European horses in another. Just anything so that it's more manageable.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Is there any good reason why we couldn't add "sire" as a column in our barns/simperior account to select or not?
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 year ago Also, my eyes glazed over looking at all the entries for the TB Simmy's.
SAME.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

John Smith wrote: 1 year ago Is there any good reason why we couldn't add "sire" as a column in our barns/simperior account to select or not?
It is an option for custom barns
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 1 year ago
John Smith wrote: 1 year ago Is there any good reason why we couldn't add "sire" as a column in our barns/simperior account to select or not?
It is an option for custom barns
Thanks for the info.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

But the people will yell. They will yell SO MUCH.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
Emily send me your address so I can get you some cottonballs to stuff in ur ears...
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Some would but let them yell. It would be better for everyone if we could rely on hypo's and BSA more.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

:) Sorry Emily, but I’d rather people yell instead of having a barn full of hens who don’t produce ;)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

It’s the hypos that need updating, it’s getting out of hand at this point.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I feel to much info is never good, just my 2 cents
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago
It’s the hypos that need updating, it’s getting out of hand at this point.
I agree with this. I shouldn't have A+ hypos that are anything but top of the barrel, absolute freaks. Are hypos for the division or just overall? Maybe changing the hypo per division at a baseline could help

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago I feel to much info is never good, just my 2 cents
Agreed. I think letting us see stuff that encourages different kinds of play is interesting (soundness, fitness, etc) but I don't really get the point of heart but maybe I'm missing stuff
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another