Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Two Small Things

Post by The Steward »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago I would love to have an option in settings to choose whether to display distances in miles, furlongs or metres. Converting distances like 1 5/16 miles into furlongs always makes my brain hurt lol (10.5 furlongs or 2200 metres in case anyone was wondering).
I like it, a lot - but someone should go make a list and send it to me. I nominate Carole.

WAIT. I nominate VINCENT.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

How is that dark mode coming?
;p
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago How is that dark mode coming?
Download the "Dark Reader" application in your browser. That way you can turn on a "night mode".
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago I would love to have an option in settings to choose whether to display distances in miles, furlongs or metres. Converting distances like 1 5/16 miles into furlongs always makes my brain hurt lol (10.5 furlongs or 2200 metres in case anyone was wondering).
I like it, a lot - but someone should go make a list and send it to me. I nominate Carole.

WAIT. I nominate VINCENT.
I'll do it
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Could we have the option to still schedule future training for a horse in transit.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I'd love the ability to have more than one auction in the works. If there's a way to create a 2nd auction while you have another that hasn't opened yet I can't find it. Was going to start putting together another auction since I have some rare free time, but don't want to open the one I have ready to go due to scheduled trainings I have on those horses as I'm assuming it's the same with training as it is with runners where they can't race while at auction
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I would like to be able to enter a full two weeks out, or even longer. I just tried to do entries for next Friday, but cannot until 8pm. If the races in 14 days could open at midnight, that would help. If we could get 21 days, even better for our horses that need that extra break between.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Assigning horses to more than one custom barn would be nice. Not the Smartbarn ones but the manual entry ones.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 year ago Could we have the option to still schedule future training for a horse in transit.
+ 1
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 1 year ago I would like to be able to enter a full two weeks out, or even longer. I just tried to do entries for next Friday, but cannot until 8pm. If the races in 14 days could open at midnight, that would help. If we could get 21 days, even better for our horses that need that extra break between.
Entering at 3 weeks would be beautiful.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Jo Ferris wrote: 1 year ago I'd love the ability to have more than one auction in the works. If there's a way to create a 2nd auction while you have another that hasn't opened yet I can't find it. Was going to start putting together another auction since I have some rare free time, but don't want to open the one I have ready to go due to scheduled trainings I have on those horses as I'm assuming it's the same with training as it is with runners where they can't race while at auction
I went to an old finished auction of mine and at the bottom it offers to create a new auction, so I created 3, one is running now, and I am still working on the other two.

However, like Jo, I would really like a direct link somewhere (maybe in the Sim store?) that would make multiple auctions easier.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Clarehaven Stables
Sprinter

Post by Clarehaven Stables »

I'd like the ability to add notes to reserved names.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Notes for alert horses too
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago Notes for alert horses too
+ a million on this. I almost never remember why I alerted them, and I know you can do it in the notes profile section, but that's such a clunky way to keep track imo
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Lori Hamill wrote: 1 year ago
Jo Ferris wrote: 1 year ago I'd love the ability to have more than one auction in the works. If there's a way to create a 2nd auction while you have another that hasn't opened yet I can't find it. Was going to start putting together another auction since I have some rare free time, but don't want to open the one I have ready to go due to scheduled trainings I have on those horses as I'm assuming it's the same with training as it is with runners where they can't race while at auction
I went to an old finished auction of mine and at the bottom it offers to create a new auction, so I created 3, one is running now, and I am still working on the other two.

However, like Jo, I would really like a direct link somewhere (maybe in the Sim store?) that would make multiple auctions easier.
Was the link only on the finished auction? I only had an unopened auction and no recently closed ones to go through, now that it's open I can create another auction, but I can only do so through the open auction, not an unopened one
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k