Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Gwen Morse »

I would really like to be able to dump my horse records to a CSV file. But since I already know this would cause an insane load on the servers if it didn't have a limit, I would like the information to be available during a limited time each season, probably around now (during break, after the foals are born and before races start). The file itself could either sit at a link where we could download it for a limited time, or be emailed to us.

This could be part of simperior or have its own GP cost.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Andrew James wrote: 1 year ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 1 year ago

This is a great idea! Imagine how much less clicking. You click on results, watch the races, analyze the results and the with one click "BAM" all your horses get shipped to the nearest farm and you don't need to ship them all individually or ship them.
I set their home location to the farm closest to the track when I enter them and then simperior automatically ships them after results. Occasionally (stewards cup, Dubai etc.) I’ll set it to ship them to the farm closest to their next race.
I hear ya, too much clicking for me. I have a hard enough time entering horses let alone adding a farm as the home location for every entry. Imagine if instead we could just click on a button on the results page that instead of saying ship to a home location it says ship to nearest farm. This is the way.
If this was ship to the nearest $20 farm I might agree with you but how many would use this knowing they might be shipping to a $200 farm rather than a $20 one a mile or two further away?
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

This would just make people try and get even closer to the track with farm they build
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Spare no expense. Do you want the ease of click and done or do you want to pinch pennies? That’s the cost of doing business and taking the easy route.
;p
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Dave Trainer wrote: 1 year ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 1 year ago

I set their home location to the farm closest to the track when I enter them and then simperior automatically ships them after results. Occasionally (stewards cup, Dubai etc.) I’ll set it to ship them to the farm closest to their next race.
I hear ya, too much clicking for me. I have a hard enough time entering horses let alone adding a farm as the home location for every entry. Imagine if instead we could just click on a button on the results page that instead of saying ship to a home location it says ship to nearest farm. This is the way.
If this was ship to the nearest $20 farm I might agree with you but how many would use this knowing they might be shipping to a $200 farm rather than a $20 one a mile or two further away?
Me for one
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago Spare no expense. Do you want the ease of click and done or do you want to pinch pennies? That’s the cost of doing business and taking the easy route.
Exactly
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago Spare no expense. Do you want the ease of click and done or do you want to pinch pennies? That’s the cost of doing business and taking the easy route.
😆
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

With all the new yearling comments (fun and interesting) I felt I had to "move" my training barn to Excel (and it's a hassle, I don’t like it, I’m a phone player) in order to get some overview and not having to click through every horse to find the "longer career" ones for example.

Could optional columns be added to the custom barns with the new information (preferably) OR the original horse name/ID remain as a column even after one renames a horse (so that I can start naming my yearlings and still keep my neat sort order in Excel) (Edit: sort by dam solves this part obviously, vacation brain)? :geek: :)
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Now that we have the new comments, I would love to see an overhaul of the "Ask the Bloodstock Agent" for racing stock and yearlings. Maybe have a few options? Like asking her specifically about the horses' future in the breeding shed or their heart. Just things that we can get for comments when we gallop, but maybe a little different. Like "This horse looks to be a game racer, I give you the go ahead on it." or "This horse could be a decent prospect for your breeding program is the price is right."

In that same vein I'd also love to be able to ask the vet to do a soundness check before I buy a horse. I really try to keep only sound and very sound horses, so buying can get annoying when I get several unsound in a row and have to turn around and try to sell them or just send to greener pastures/pensioning program.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Turf sprint stakes at trial park.

How am I supposed to send new players horses to dominate new players if there’s no races? This is a selfish rant that would be meaningless to me any other year or time. But for now I want it…for the new players.
;p
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago Turf sprint stakes at trial park.

How am I supposed to send new players horses to dominate new players
This just makes me sad. New players should have an even playing field, not a sucessful buddy that sends them to the top (IMO).
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

LA Pepper wrote: 1 year ago
Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago Turf sprint stakes at trial park.

How am I supposed to send new players horses to dominate new players
This just makes me sad. New players should have an even playing field, not a sucessful buddy that sends them to the top (IMO).
Lol I’m not sending out anything going to take anyone to the top. I’ve barely got my own shut sending me anywhere. I do believe some players really enjoy running a horse capable of posting speed figures about 80. There’s good experience to gain and increased interest in the game. I’m at a point I don’t want to grind races with allowance horses all the time. Someone else should get to enjoy them in races that go unfilled.
;p
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

We have something in testing RIGHT NOW from this thread which will hopefully be up after tonight's racessssss
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago We have something in testing RIGHT NOW from this thread which will hopefully be up after tonight's racessssss
BEER TAPS IN THE TRAINERS LOUNGE!?!?
;p
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago We have something in testing RIGHT NOW from this thread which will hopefully be up after tonight's racessssss
Does it have something to do with shipping? 😀