Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Calia Mendez
Miler

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Calia Mendez »

Madelene Gilbert wrote: 1 year ago Is the "Soundness" column supposed to be updating with the new comments?
I got several such as 'your run of the mill racehorse that can probably handle a normal schedule' or 'is tough as nails and can run more often. Try 7 to 9 races per year!' I'm assuming they would be rated "sound" and "very sound", but it's still marked as "unknown". I don't want to have to pay to make it show up if I get it for free, and I don't want to have to dig through the History either.
I don't think it's supposed to. I've experimented with checking soundness on some horses that have these comments and it doesn't seem to correlate exactly. Horses with the note about a normal schedule have come back as both Sound and Somewhat Unsound for me. Nothing but "Very Sound" and "Very Unsound" for the less and more rest comments, though.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Possibly have the ability to filter and view a stallion’s Foal gallop stats by year?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ali Sills
Turf Router

Post by Ali Sills »

Having the ability to select a number of horses from a barn with the left check mark, as if doing a group train, but have the option to open them all in separate tabs
Peter Quill
Sprinter

Post by Peter Quill »

On the topic of no Gallop comments such as Stakes Allowance etc...

Been thinking about it the last couple of days and I actually like where The Steward is going with this and would like to see the gallops disappear. Around week 5 to 7 etc whenever you start workouts could be the new 'Festivus' so to speak. Don't kill me yet :-)

If this ends up being the case, could we possibly have our own kind of selection tool or dropdown chooser (whatever you want to call it) so we could basically grade our own horses based on where we see them sitting? We could at least have a nice visual if it was in a column as well and also not forget what we think about each horse without going into comments etc within the horse. Then we grade them ourselves and only have ourselves to blame! This would be Simperior of course.

Some examples:
Grade 1
Grade 2
Grade 3
Grade 4
Grade 5

or even

Freaky
Stakesy
Alowancey
Maybes
Forgetsy

Thanks,
Pete
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Peter Quill wrote: 1 year ago On the topic of no Gallop comments such as Stakes Allowance etc...

Been thinking about it the last couple of days and I actually like where The Steward is going with this and would like to see the gallops disappear. Around week 5 to 7 etc whenever you start workouts could be the new 'Festivus' so to speak. Don't kill me yet :-)

If this ends up being the case, could we possibly have our own kind of selection tool or dropdown chooser (whatever you want to call it) so we could basically grade our own horses based on where we see them sitting? We could at least have a nice visual if it was in a column as well and also not forget what we think about each horse without going into comments etc within the horse. Then we grade them ourselves and only have ourselves to blame! This would be Simperior of course.

Some examples:
Grade 1
Grade 2
Grade 3
Grade 4
Grade 5

or even

Freaky
Stakesy
Alowancey
Maybes
Forgetsy

Thanks,
Pete
You could set up custom barns to do that
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago I know the yearlings having gallop comments as well as the new stuff was a mistake but...I really like having both and I'd personally love to have that stay, especially if the thresholds have been adjusted to be more accurate to the horse's competitiveness.
I could not agree more, my feelings exactly.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

+1 To Maria and Nicole's comment
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Kent Saunders wrote: 1 year ago +1 To Maria and Nicole's comment
+1 to Kent, Maria and Nicole's comment.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Andrew James wrote: 1 year ago
Kent Saunders wrote: 1 year ago +1 To Maria and Nicole's comment
+1 to Kent, Maria and Nicole's comment.
Agree. I like the combo.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Ma Springs wrote: 1 year ago At least allow us to set up a full season workout schedule, please!
Stealing this from another thread - PLEASE DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS. Icing on the cake would be a bulk selection option that would also let us set up the whole season's training/workout schedule for a group of horses.

I know this isn't really a "small" thing, but I wanted to try to get attention on it.

There is so much clicking in the sim. SOOO SOOOOO SOOOOOOOOO much clicking. Minimizing clicking where it can be done is good for the joint health of the community!
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

A GP option for preferred distance. I struggle mightily to determine (and I'm pretty sure I do not determine) the correct distance for the horse to excel at. I would pay a lot of GP to learn that my horse prefers 10F or 9F or 12F, etc. Or even top two distances if we do not want to give one specific distance. This would also help perhaps younger horses stay on the track if you know they prefer to go longer and to give them more chances at that distance.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I love this section for improvements to game functionality, but not for adding things to the game to dumb it down even further than it already is.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 1 year ago I love this section for improvements to game functionality, but not for adding things to the game to dumb it down even further than it already is.
I think the adjustments/improvements/suggestions to the game should be considered from all players points of view from new players to the most advanced. For newer players, I know it can be disheartening when you feel like you have a great horse but you are mismanaging it due to being in races they may not prefer.

I think the adjustments/improvements/suggestions should also be considered from a business prospective for the game. My suggestion would be for a way to take GP out of the game.

I also believe that some people who have a great relationship with the Steward feel comfortable enough asking her privately for advice on where a horse should race or she may comment here on the forums when someone asks for advice about a horse underperforming. My suggestion would also reduce the number of people asking her about this and allow for everyone to receive that helpful information when they may not have that relationship with the Steward (like me). I do not think it would be used for every horse we have, but for great horses that may be struggling, I thought it was a suggestion forth mentioning. Cheers!
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago
Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 1 year ago I love this section for improvements to game functionality, but not for adding things to the game to dumb it down even further than it already is.
I think the adjustments/improvements/suggestions to the game should be considered from all players points of view from new players to the most advanced. For newer players, I know it can be disheartening when you feel like you have a great horse but you are mismanaging it due to being in races they may not prefer.

I think the adjustments/improvements/suggestions should also be considered from a business prospective for the game. My suggestion would be for a way to take GP out of the game.

I also believe that some people who have a great relationship with the Steward feel comfortable enough asking her privately for advice on where a horse should race or she may comment here on the forums when someone asks for advice about a horse underperforming. My suggestion would also reduce the number of people asking her about this and allow for everyone to receive that helpful information when they may not have that relationship with the Steward (like me). I do not think it would be used for every horse we have, but for great horses that may be struggling, I thought it was a suggestion forth mentioning. Cheers!
Part of the skill in managing a horse is finding the best distance for it. If you don't want to do that yourself you can run milers and standard breds, or get an assistant trainer. Don't make it so easy anyone can do it without thinking.

I am considering it from a new players pov too. If a game is too easy a lot will just walk away. That wouldn't be good for the game.

If anyone wants help with a horse they can post on the forum and ask.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Fair enough, but do you pay for EquiArmor to facilitate finding equipment? Do you use the Ask the Jockey or Pay GP to find equipment? Do you determine if a mare is worth breeding by paying for a BSA comment? Do you hypo mares to stallions to determine if they are worth breeding?

If the answer is yes to any of these then it seems like you are leveraging tools "to make the game easier"...when there are other "more skillful" ways of determining equipment, or determining who to breed, or who to breed to.

I'm not sure why preferred distance should be any more difficult to find out than equipment or breeding partner