Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I know in other games horses get xp points toward what distance they run at and the track condition xp per race. Even tho horses like certain conditions and distances i wonder if xp accumulates here
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Knowledge of the game isn’t evenly shared or obtainable to everyone in the same manner….how many times have we heard on broadcasts etc about people texting the steward about the game and what info is passed on (anyone need unsolicited advice to place a stakes colt in the SC?) How do people get the stewards phone number and then use that to get info about the game? How is that fair to other paying customers who do not have that avenue to obtain info? In a recent post we saw Brian L say his filly was in a tough race with others of all the same talent according to the steward, when asked how he knew that, he stated another player asked the steward and told him….at some point asking about horses to the steward seems to be occurring and Durzo was saying why not make it to the point where it’s a legit option for everyone and the game makes money on it…I haven’t spent money on the game since I felt I am at a disadvantage compared to players that are readily asking the steward info on their horses (whether it’s how they are racing, breeding, etc since I don’t know what info I can or cannot get on my horses (would be nice to know what can and cannot be asked and answered…)

I think Durzo has a valid suggestion and shouldn’t be dismissed on the basis it dumbs down the game when people are not on an even playing field in regards to obtaining knowledge (I just wish everything was transparent and every player was on the same playing field to obtain knowledge….if the steward is giving advice to players directly, then we are not..) also as Durzo posted there are many game features that make the game easier in other areas…
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

In my short time here I have seen the Steward speak out on horses and mainly because how she feels being she clearly researchs one's career before calling a race. The reason why she might say oh your horse is in a tough race. If she is giving info it's IMO as a fan....

Like I said in the past, if people actually got into the game and not just what goes on inside they own barn, you might like what you see and learn

If the Steward just kept quite, didn't do race calls and never responded to anyone's PM I'm sure the game would be far better then it is now. One can only dream tho
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago (anyone need unsolicited advice to place a stakes colt in the SC?)
FYI. I did not ask The Steward if to enter. My hands are clean. She reached out to multiple players, asking where their horses were going.
He would have gone to the Steward's Cup anyways, since he had good races before the SC and had been prepped well.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Sara Julin wrote: 1 year ago
Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago (anyone need unsolicited advice to place a stakes colt in the SC?)
FYI. I did not ask The Steward if to enter. My hands are clean. She reached out to multiple players, asking where their horses were going.
He would have gone to the Steward's Cup anyways, since he had good races before the SC and had been prepped well.
Right, that’s why I said it was unsolicited
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago
Sara Julin wrote: 1 year ago
Right, that’s why I said it was unsolicited
Sorry, Lost in translation.
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

When we mass set home location can the page that comes up have links back to the various barns like when you mass do other things.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago How do people get the stewards phone number and then use that to get info about the game?
I'm not getting into my opinion on what is or isn't fair, but on this, I think they're just people who know her in real life (since she works in racing in real life and people have talked about meetups at racetrakcs) and they have her phone number from that IRL relationship.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago How do people get the stewards phone number and then use that to get info about the game?
I'm not getting into my opinion on what is or isn't fair, but on this, I think they're just people who know her in real life (since she works in racing in real life and people have talked about meetups at racetrakcs) and they have her phone number from that IRL relationship.
This part is true - anyone who does a meet up in real life or knows me in racing has it.

But I also strive very very hard to be completely ridiculous in my responses of this nature. People think they are getting secret info when 99% of my responses are "Nice!" "Cool!" "Looks good!" "I like it!" "That horse is a jerk" This means literally nothing other than "Please stop bothering me with SIM texts I hate them." People can interpret them as they want though!

REAL info comes from live race calls, when I prattle on about the entries and whether I think they should be placed there or whether I think they should be elsewhere. That's where actual info to players comes from.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
This part is true - anyone who does a meet up in real life or knows me in racing has it.

But I also strive very very hard to be completely ridiculous in my responses of this nature. People think they are getting secret info when 99% of my responses are "Nice!" "Cool!" "Looks good!" "I like it!" "That horse is a jerk" This means literally nothing other than "Please stop bothering me with SIM texts I hate them." People can interpret them as they want though!

REAL info comes from live race calls, when I prattle on about the entries and whether I think they should be placed there or whether I think they should be elsewhere. That's where actual info to players comes from.
And this is why sometimes I enter hopeless cases in broadcast races xD sometimes there will be info about your horse you have not thought about yourself yet.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Not sure if anyone's put this here yet, but can we have the ability to sort/filter horses by their new gallop comments? I know "Heart" is already a column, but the other stuff would be just as useful if not more- and if& when the "old" gallop comments go away, it'll be crucial to be able to see all that info at a glance vs. having to click on each individual horse, which is ridiculously time consuming even with a small barn like mine :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Andrew James wrote: 1 year ago
Andrew James wrote: 1 year ago "ship to nearest farm" mass ship option from results page please.
Love this! Which isn't surprising since I posted it but I mean really how great would this be??? 10/10 Great. One might even say Grrrrrreat in a Tony the Tiger voice kind of great.
This is a great idea! Imagine how much less clicking. You click on results, watch the races, analyze the results and the with one click "BAM" all your horses get shipped to the nearest farm and you don't need to ship them all individually or ship them.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Andrew James wrote: 1 year ago "ship to nearest farm" mass ship option from results page please.
Love this! Which isn't surprising since I posted it but I mean really how great would this be??? 10/10 Great. One might even say Grrrrrreat in a Tony the Tiger voice kind of great.
This is a great idea! Imagine how much less clicking. You click on results, watch the races, analyze the results and the with one click "BAM" all your horses get shipped to the nearest farm and you don't need to ship them all individually or ship them.
I set their home location to the farm closest to the track when I enter them and then simperior automatically ships them after results. Occasionally (stewards cup, Dubai etc.) I’ll set it to ship them to the farm closest to their next race.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Cleo Patra wrote: 1 year ago

I set their home location to the farm closest to the track when I enter them and then simperior automatically ships them after results. Occasionally (stewards cup, Dubai etc.) I’ll set it to ship them to the farm closest to their next race.
I hear ya, too much clicking for me. I have a hard enough time entering horses let alone adding a farm as the home location for every entry. Imagine if instead we could just click on a button on the results page that instead of saying ship to a home location it says ship to nearest farm. This is the way.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

While training times are being worked on/made more useful in order to remove yearling gallop labels, maybe the distances and training times could be a little more clear as to horse distance preferences?

I don't remember the exact breakdowns because I don't have a photographic memory ;), but for TBs I think there's 2 sprint distances - call them short sprints and long sprints, miler is its own distance category, and then distance runners have 3 or 4 (?) short/medium/long routes and maybe endurance as a separate one?

So, if a sprint horse prefers short sprints and is training at the short sprint distance, they should get 'better' training times than if they train at the long sprint distance. Since the horse is a sprinter, they should do better at long sprints than miler or route training distances. If they're versatile, they would show a bump at the corresponding training distance(s). This would allow people a basic way to test for versatility without paying GP, but paying the GP would let an owner confirm it.

This would help people answer so many rudimentary questions by simply training their horses.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100