Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Andrew James »

The Admin wrote: 1 year ago
Jo Ferris wrote: 1 year ago
Garret Folsom wrote: 1 year ago
On the results page, you have the option to send your horses to the nearest farm, or to their Set home location.
Oh, I have simperior so I never would’ve noticed 🤣
We added the option for simperior to automatically ship to the nearest farm or the home location.
OMG!!! Thank you. This is even better. This probably saved me 200 clicks a week.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Jo Ferris wrote: 1 year ago What is it? I don't see anything new on the shipping page, though I hardly ever use the shipping page so I probably wouldn't notice anything new
On the results page, you have the option to send your horses to the nearest farm, or to their Set home location.
Turns out I would notice

So on mobile, when looking at results it currently shows the horse and the shipping thing, when you turn your phone it shows the horse, race, placing and shipping thing. Formerly it was horse and placing, then when the phone is turned horse, race, speed figure, placing. Anyway that the shipping thing can be one of the things that doesn’t have “priority” to show? Or have an option to turn it off? My horses always autoship, I will literally never use it, I’d rather be able to see where my horses finished at first glance and be able to see their SF without having to look at the race/horse
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Turns out I would notice

So on mobile, when looking at results it currently shows the horse and the shipping thing, when you turn your phone it shows the horse, race, placing and shipping thing. Formerly it was horse and placing, then when the phone is turned horse, race, speed figure, placing. Anyway that the shipping thing can be one of the things that doesn’t have “priority” to show? Or have an option to turn it off? My horses always autoship, I will literally never use it, I’d rather be able to see where my horses finished at first glance and be able to see their SF without having to look at the race/horse
I also use my mobile and noticed this. Perhaps a column filter like in the barns and search results or something to make it optional. Would be helpful!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Ma Springs wrote: 1 year ago

Turns out I would notice

I also use my mobile and noticed this. Perhaps a column filter like in the barns and search results or something to make it optional. Would be helpful!
Try it now. I must admit I didn't test it at all, but the code looked right. :)
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Turns out I would notice

Try it now. I must admit I didn't test it at all, but the code looked right. :)
Thank you so much for looking at this! 🙏 And sorry for turning this into a testing session. :) Please let me know if there is a better place to take this!

This is what I have right now:

So + for showing placing and SF and - for not being able to select all Nearest since that column header isn't shown, would have been really convinient.

If I'm the only one with this special issue please don’t put an enormous amount of work into it!
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

The Admin wrote: 1 year ago Try it now. I must admit I didn't test it at all, but the code looked right. :)
Looks awesome!! Now have horse, race, placing and SF without the phone turned! Thanks!!
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Thank you so much for looking at this! 🙏 And sorry for turning this into a testing session. :) Please let me know if there is a better place to take this!

So + for showing placing and SF and - for not being able to select all Nearest since that column header isn't shown, would have been really convinient.

If I'm the only one with this special issue please don’t put an enormous amount of work into it!
In your screenshot, you opened the triangle on the left and can see the "Nearest" option. In this case, the horse is already at a farm, so there is no way to ship it to a nearer farm. If it was at a track, you'd have the name of the farm and a checkbox. The only thing you loose with this size screen is the ability to check "Nearest" for all horses at once.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

In your screenshot, you opened the triangle on the left and can see the "Nearest" option. In this case, the horse is already at a farm, so there is no way to ship it to a nearer farm. If it was at a track, you'd have the name of the farm and a checkbox. The only thing you loose with this size screen is the ability to check "Nearest" for all horses at once.
Exactly. I can live with that. Thank you very much!
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Did there used to be a normal ship horse button on the results page? Or am I crazy?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

You are crazy
;p
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Laura Smith wrote: 1 year ago I get it, but I think the idea is that if you gallop every few days until week 5 and then start timed workouts, you'll have a variety of info to go on that should give you a picture of your horse's potential. I've galloped mine three times so far, and even if I didn't have the "old" gallop comments to go on, I'd already have a good idea of the ones I wanted to prioritize and the ones I didn't. Not as precise, but still.

IMO if we're supposed to be using these comments alone, we need to be able to sort/filter our yearling barns by who's got what comments in the past. Maybe that's a one small thing thread item...
I don't know if Laura asked already, but I'll piggy back on her message and ask.

Can we have a way to sort yearlings by a particular gallop comment?
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Getting a message after a claim would be nice. Could be simply "Congrats you won the shake" or "Better luck next time sucka!". lol Because there are many times I totally forget I even put a claim in.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Is it known there's no 3yo Arabian router stakes in week 4? There's a gap from Week 3-6 to 5-6 with no stakes races (there is one sponsored for 5-3 but obviously not on the normal schedule). Didn't notice till I had one of my 3yos blow everyone out of the water in her debut, only to find there's no stakes to run her in for her next start :lol:

Any chance we could add a stakes or two to the schedule for next season and beyond? Or move a race or two so the stakes are more spread out, obviously Arabs are one of the smallest divisions in the game so I understand not wanting to add more stakes that may not draw many entries. Maybe something like:
W4D3 50k Listed 3yo 1 1/4mi Tulsa Park - 1 for colts, Stuffed Pepper Stakes, 1 for fillies Song of the Sheikh Stakes
W5D3 50k Listed 3yo 1 1/2mi Endurance Raceway - 1 for colts, Hamdan Stakes, 1 for fillies Mahtab Stakes
Or
maybe move the stakes currently on W3D6 to W4D3 and the stakes currently W5D6 back to W5D3
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

If it would be great if when going to work a horse the default workout that came up was something relevant to that horse's horse type. Obviously some horses have multiple relevant workout distances so you might still have to change it some, but at least you wouldn't have to change it every time for nondirt sprinters and you wouldn't risk working your hose at a completely irrellevant distance/surface if you forget to change it.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 year ago If it would be great if when going to work a horse the default workout that came up was something relevant to that horse's horse type. Obviously some horses have multiple relevant workout distances so you might still have to change it some, but at least you wouldn't have to change it every time for nondirt sprinters and you wouldn't risk working your hose at a completely irrellevant distance/surface if you forget to change it.
Or let us set the work type once for the horse and have that as its default.