Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I'm team adjust bloodstock agent/hypos. While I don't know if the coding is feasible I also like the idea of making all these things simply autoupdate. So instead of programing them to certain raw talent numbers that overtime will get off kilter and require kind of big one time adjustments and the angst that comes with them program them to percents, so as horses generally gradually improve they will gradually adjust. And if things were that way some people may more regularly check blood stock agent/hypo grades and that would take more money/game points out of the game. win/win
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 year ago I'm team adjust bloodstock agent/hypos. While I don't know if the coding is feasible I also like the idea of making all these things simply autoupdate. So instead of programing them to certain raw talent numbers that overtime will get off kilter and require kind of big one time adjustments and the angst that comes with them program them to percents, so as horses generally gradually improve they will gradually adjust. And if things were that way some people may more regularly check blood stock agent/hypo grades and that would take more money/game points out of the game. win/win
I agree with all of this, I would MUCH rather find out that the blue hen I retired last year is actually formidable so I don't send her to A- hypos for 50K+ for multiple years to get solid progressive. If I have a more realistic idea of her level/hypos, I will allocate my breeding funds more appropriately. Through lots of trial and error I've been able to establish which of my hens/stars produce like hens/stars but I'd rather 'take a hit' aka have more realistic information than have inflated levels.

Now I don't think only 10-20 mares in the entire game should be blue hens, but I definitely think there are too many.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Now I don't think only 10-20 mares in the entire game should be blue hens, but I definitely think there are too many.
It needs to be in proportion. If the number of freaks and stakes gallops have been reduced then the number of hens and stars should reduce too.
I don't expect them to produce freaks every year but I also don't expect them to never produce above productive.

The hypo's should reduce too.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

What if there were no ratings or comments at all?
You had to figure out what you had by breeding, training and racing, just as in real life.
Would that be such a bad thing?
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Gwayne's World wrote: 1 year ago What if there were no ratings or comments at all?
You had to figure out what you had by breeding, training and racing, just as in real life.
Would that be such a bad thing?
Back in my day… +1
;p
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I would love the sires name to have a row in the racing and breeding barn !
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

It already exists under custom barns
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

That cost game
Points I spent all mine in game point auctions lol
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Maybe this is already there and I just miss it, but can we denote filly races in the pps? That is, some fillies that enter with colts are hard to determine if they have run against the boys prior unless a high profile race type.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Xander Zone wrote: 1 year ago I would love the sires name to have a row in the racing and breeding barn !
I think I have found a work around, but if you do a search on yourself and then sort by sire, maybe can also do age for foals/training barn...also I think you can just list your horses for a gajillion dollars and have the same info if wanted and maybe make an otherwise unknown sale for a gajillion sim dollars.

I get the need for sim to need to make game points some places, but the attraction of custom barns is more than just assorting buy sires, right (i wouldn't know, I don't have them unfortunately) More specifically, is that the selling point? if so, I get it, but maybe it isn't worth that price to see those sires, eventually in my smaller barn, I kind of know most already.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

In the Training chart view, it could be useful to have the option to not only look at the 2 week plan, but also the last 2 weeks training/races. Could help some poor horse from getting over worked.
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Mass remove horses from alerts..?

I can provide the code..already figured it out
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

Xander Zone wrote: 1 year ago I would love the sires name to have a row in the racing and breeding barn !
Yes please been thinking this for a long time…

And highest hypo row in the broodmare book(at least) be beneficial

A row in the training barn for hypo for each horse if it had one done

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I would love to have an option in settings to choose whether to display distances in miles, furlongs or metres. Converting distances like 1 5/16 miles into furlongs always makes my brain hurt lol (10.5 furlongs or 2200 metres in case anyone was wondering).
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago I would love to have an option in settings to choose whether to display distances in miles, furlongs or metres. Converting distances like 1 5/16 miles into furlongs always makes my brain hurt lol (10.5 furlongs or 2200 metres in case anyone was wondering).
I second this as a european/swede. Meters please :33
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~