Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Update the gallop comment and improve when a horse is placed on the sales page. Let the seller know the gp for this will be charged as a condition of putting the horse up for sale. It seems weird that there is inaccurate information on the page just because the sellers haven't checked or galloped.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

A nice-to-have would be TP and VP tick boxes added to the same list as "unsure equipment", "equipment set", etc. That way we could easily see from the barn page which horses need to try what.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 1 year ago Update the gallop comment and improve when a horse is placed on the sales page. Let the seller know the gp for this will be charged as a condition of putting the horse up for sale. It seems weird that there is inaccurate information on the page just because the sellers haven't checked or galloped.
No, you can’t force a player to pay GP to update the gallop on a horse just because they want to sell it. As a player you should be able to distinguish the value of a horse by workouts or by how they have faired on the track in the race results.

If there is an issue with players not retraining horses and if this was a concern of the game makers they could easily remove the concept of gallop identity tied into the actual gallop function and auto update all active unpensioned horses every break between seasons as a behind the scenes update.

Gallop would then simply function as a fitness training tool similar to swim.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Pietro Vella wrote: 1 year ago
Kelly Haggerty wrote: 1 year ago Update the gallop comment and improve when a horse is placed on the sales page. Let the seller know the gp for this will be charged as a condition of putting the horse up for sale. It seems weird that there is inaccurate information on the page just because the sellers haven't checked or galloped.
No, you can’t force a player to pay GP to update the gallop on a horse just because they want to sell it. As a player you should be able to distinguish the value of a horse by workouts or by how they have faired on the track in the race results.

If there is an issue with players not retraining horses and if this was a concern of the game makers they could easily remove the concept of gallop identity tied into the actual gallop function and auto update all active unpensioned horses every break between seasons as a behind the scenes update.

I am sorry Pete but your answer makes no sense to me. Players are free to do as they wish; however, the gallop comment on the sales page is a function of the game and should reflect accurate information. Horses on the sales page may or may not have workouts or races, or the information may be very old. This isn't about knowing the value of the animal, it is about the sales page, which is a public page controlled by the game and not the players, having accurate information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 1 year ago

I am sorry Pete but your answer makes no sense to me. Players are free to do as they wish; however, the gallop comment on the sales page is a function of the game and should reflect accurate information. Horses on the sales page may or may not have workouts or races, or the information may be very old. This isn't about knowing the value of the animal, it is about the sales page, which is a public page controlled by the game and not the players, having accurate information.
So your answer is forcing a player to spend GP in order to sell their horse on a public sales page?

Sorry try again
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

So your answer is forcing a player to spend GP in order to sell their horse on a public sales page?

Sorry try again
Ok, I will try again. To know the horse's current status a player can gallop or pay GP. So there would be an option to not pay the GP to sell the horse, they would just need to gallop it. The only reason I am suggesting GP at all is to prevent the workaround of posting a horse for sale and immediately taking it down so as to avoid either galloping or the GP fee. Since that is the objective, charging GP to remove the horse from the sales page if it didn't have a current gallop when posted would do the same. Either way, no one is being forced to spend game points to sell a horse. It would be their choice.
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

Sorry try again
Ok, I will try again. To know the horse's current status a player can gallop or pay GP. So there would be an option to not pay the GP to sell the horse, they would just need to gallop it. The only reason I am suggesting GP at all is to prevent the workaround of posting a horse for sale and immediately taking it down so as to avoid either galloping or the GP fee. Since that is the objective, charging GP to remove the horse from the sales page if it didn't have a current gallop when posted would do the same. Either way, no one is being forced to spend game points to sell a horse. It would be their choice.
Maybe the buyer can click on the horse and see when it was last galloped and take an informed guess and make the decision to buy it or not instead of making the seller pay GP.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Third option: since the listed gallops aren't necessarily accurate anyway, just remove gallops from the sales page again instead of overcomplicating things. Sucked the fun right out of AJ hunting.

ETA: I'm being facetious (mostly) because I know I'm in the minority of not loving that update. But it's be facetious on the sim forum or actually finish my work and go home, and I think my butt has fused with my desk chair.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Jack Ryder wrote: 1 year ago

Sorry try again
Maybe the buyer can click on the horse and see when it was last galloped and take an informed guess and make the decision to buy it or not instead of making the seller pay GP.
I'm honestly just grateful that we get to see a gallop comment at all. I've had a couple instances where I got the horse to my barn, worked it, and it was a gallop level lower than the page indicated (STBP horses who hadn't been worked since the last gallop adjustment for the breed) but that's it.
And i'm a huge supporter of "message the owner if you have a question" because 99% of the time, people are super awesome and helpful. If someone is genuinely interested in buying my horse and they want the current gallop rating, I will happily provide that for them if they reach out.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Jack Ryder wrote: 1 year ago

Sorry try again
Seller doesn’t have to pay game points they just have to have accurate information. They can gallop. But there is a difference between a bloomer and a peak and just expecting everyone that uses a public page to discern all of that is a little nuts. The comments could be listed as unknown or unavailable if they are inaccurate and that would also resolve this. But the game admin should not be providing inaccurate information on the public page.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Remove gallop comments from the game completely.
Then we don’t have to worry about the comments on a public sales page being provided to us with inaccurate information :lol:

Also why does the gallop comment even matter if accurate or not on the sales page if you don’t care about using it to value the horse?

We all know freaks don’t always run like freaks, (I have 2 or 3 that can barely win an nw3) and there are allowances horses that can win stakes races.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

No idea why it was necessary to be so nasty.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Pietro Vella wrote: 1 year ago Remove gallop comments from the game completely.
Actually yes. No more fake freaks, misleading sales comments, perennial clamoring for adjustments when certain divisions just break the system. Real life horses aren't born with labels, just gotta look at the pedigree and look at the stopwatch and use one's lil noggin to figure out what to do with them. And I can go back to finding hidden gems in AJ and dispersals instead of everything being face value yawn.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 year ago
Pietro Vella wrote: 1 year ago Remove gallop comments from the game completely.
Actually yes. No more fake freaks, misleading sales comments, perennial clamoring for adjustments when certain divisions just break the system. Real life horses aren't born with labels, just gotta look at the pedigree and look at the stopwatch and use one's lil noggin to figure out what to do with them. And I can go back to finding hidden gems in AJ and dispersals instead of everything being face value yawn.
I could go for this but wow the fuss that would cause!
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

In real life a trainer might say wow this horse has potential. But the horse just doesn't like to race. I actually like the unknown. When a game is all about numbers it gets boring quick
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll: