Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Carole Hanson »

Could we possibly add an alerts button for races, and then make it so that we could receive the results by text or email?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Isn’t that already under the notifications section? You can get a text or email with race results
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 1 year ago Isn’t that already under the notifications section? You can get a text or email with race results
That’s for your own races though, I’d like to get notifications for races I put alerts on.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Is there a way to reset the Record Race Times to show more modern horses? The records right now just seem impossible to beat, at least for the DS division. For example, the record for 5f dirt is 54.00, but looking at the best time in the Saudi Sprint is a 56.24 by Storm, who earned a 98 figure. The fact that the "record" is more than 2 seconds faster than one of the best modern sprinters is disheartening. I did a quick calculation, and assuming the speed figures are linear (which, granted, they may not be) you would need to run a 120+ figure to get that 54.00 time, which just doesn't seem like it will ever be attainable. A bunch of the records for DS, from 4 1/2f to 6 1/2f are held by these older horses. I'd love to see more modern names in the mix, and the chance that a really nice horse might set a new record, of which there is essentially no chance right now. I think other divisions also have this problem
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Can we get an open spots column in the stallions/bookings pages. I like to check in on what stallions are running out of space that I may want to breed sooner rather than later, but with everyone having different limits sorting by "bred" still requires weeding through the list rather than just having the ones with the fewest popping up to the top
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 year ago Is there a way to reset the Record Race Times to show more modern horses? The records right now just seem impossible to beat, at least for the DS division. For example, the record for 5f dirt is 54.00, but looking at the best time in the Saudi Sprint is a 56.24 by Storm, who earned a 98 figure. The fact that the "record" is more than 2 seconds faster than one of the best modern sprinters is disheartening. I did a quick calculation, and assuming the speed figures are linear (which, granted, they may not be) you would need to run a 120+ figure to get that 54.00 time, which just doesn't seem like it will ever be attainable. A bunch of the records for DS, from 4 1/2f to 6 1/2f are held by these older horses. I'd love to see more modern names in the mix, and the chance that a really nice horse might set a new record, of which there is essentially no chance right now. I think other divisions also have this problem
I had a sneaking suspicion that one of the dirt sprint super speedy workout time record holders was Satelite. Yup.
Satelite ran a 5f. dirt sprint work run in 54:00
Satelite ran a 6f. dirt sprint work run in 1:06:04
So proud of Satelite. From the Ashley Hunt interview article: "Satelite îs my favorite horse and he has the best head shot of all time. I am a little bit biased." But having said that, if you all want to reset workout times, it's okay. Satelite's race record and race times will still be part of SIM history. jX
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 year ago Is there a way to reset the Record Race Times to show more modern horses? The records right now just seem impossible to beat, at least for the DS division. For example, the record for 5f dirt is 54.00, but looking at the best time in the Saudi Sprint is a 56.24 by Storm, who earned a 98 figure. The fact that the "record" is more than 2 seconds faster than one of the best modern sprinters is disheartening. I did a quick calculation, and assuming the speed figures are linear (which, granted, they may not be) you would need to run a 120+ figure to get that 54.00 time, which just doesn't seem like it will ever be attainable. A bunch of the records for DS, from 4 1/2f to 6 1/2f are held by these older horses. I'd love to see more modern names in the mix, and the chance that a really nice horse might set a new record, of which there is essentially no chance right now. I think other divisions also have this problem
Can we also reset Laura Ferguson's win total when we do this?
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

[/quote

I think the records can be broken with modern horses. I know Constellations set the current record for a 7- 1/2 furlong DS race in YR56, and the 7-1/2 AWS race record was done by Windswept Wonder, who is retiring at the end of this year, I believe, so quite modern. It is not impossible to break a record, just very difficult. I don't understand the need to change records so modern horses can have the new record race times, even though they truly do not. Just my two cents worth
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Schedule post-race shipping before post time
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 year ago Can we get an open spots column in the stallions/bookings pages. I like to check in on what stallions are running out of space that I may want to breed sooner rather than later, but with everyone having different limits sorting by "bred" still requires weeding through the list rather than just having the ones with the fewest popping up to the top
Instead of totally wiping the old records, maybe name them "Historical" times (or something similar) and then do "Modern" records that start fresh. There would be a lot of early churn and then the modern times would settle down and there could be real competition over them.
Mr. Lord Derby wrote: 1 year ago Can we also reset Laura Ferguson's win total when we do this?
I suggest zeroing out the cash balances on the top 10 players right before break :D.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Tim Matthews wrote: 1 year ago Schedule post-race shipping before post time
Doesn’t auto shipping to nearest farm take care of that?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Rather than resetting record times, why not have an all time record time, and an active record time? We have similar options for speed figures, points, etc.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago
We have that? Can it ship to my farm instead?
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Tim Matthews wrote: 1 year ago
Set the home farm. Set the horses to auto ship home
;p
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Tim Matthews wrote: 1 year ago
How heavy is that rock you’ve been living under? :lol: