Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Art K Stables »

the travel thing is nice after the race, however I wont use it because the nearest farm may be 200 and it would be stupid to send the horse there when you can send it at the same cost to a farm with a 20 dollar fee.. Also, if the gallops are retired and the value of a horse is to be seen through workouts.. one small change which could require too much programming but it would make all the difference, and this is only because workout times are still tied to equipment.. there should be a simple toggle button that you can hit when you work out the horses to workout the horse AS IF the eq was set, even though it wasnt, this would give as true a reading as possible to the potential of the horse, and more importantly it puts all the horses at an even playing field to decide what your own cutoff points may be on workout times worthy to keep or not.. As it stands now, horses who dont need any equipment would have a workout time advantage over horses who would need one or 2 pieces.. And since I am not about to equip every horse just to find out how they stack up, without this change or something else to even that playing field, I wont be bothering.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

I am about to call the cops on Mary Weather for telling me 439 times what a bunch of natural speed my yearling has before she tells me anything about its heart stat.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Tim Matthews wrote: 1 year ago I am about to call the cops on Mary Weather for telling me 439 times what a bunch of natural speed my yearling has before she tells me anything about its heart stat.
I told Mary Weather remember Nancy Kerrigan? And she gave me what I needed

No need for the cops!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Could we please make the SIM Museum a bit easier to sort through? Right now, especially on race pages (e.g. Steward's Cup), you have to scroll way down to find the race you want to look at and it seems the page is sorted in alphabetical order which makes it super difficult to look for the race you want. My suggestion would be at minimum a drop down menu with all the races, so that you could look for the one race you want to see.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Tim Matthews wrote: 1 year ago I am about to call the cops on Mary Weather for telling me 439 times what a bunch of natural speed my yearling has before she tells me anything about its heart stat.
My best yearling still hasn't given me a heart stat but Mary continues to assure me that she's tough as nails. Okay physically, got it, but I'd like to know what the mental toughness is too, please. Training her with the pony tomorrow and then will gallop her again and maybe her behavior with the pony will trigger the heart comment? :lol: :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
My best yearling still hasn't given me a heart stat but Mary continues to assure me that she's tough as nails. Okay physically, got it, but I'd like to know what the mental toughness is too, please. Training her with the pony tomorrow and then will gallop her again and maybe her behavior with the pony will trigger the heart comment? :lol: :lol:
Update, she's 'interested'. :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

U kidnapped the wife and 2 kids?
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I was getting ready to create a small auction to downsize some of my breeding herd, and I had an interesting thought.

What if there was a way so that if the horses being placed in an auction you could check a box that says,"Automatic AJ if No Sale" or something like that, and then once the sale commences any horse that has been check marked instead of going back into your barn, goes to AJ automatically? Obviously, this would be for owner's eyes only, but it would be a nice small feature. I don't get on everyday and having that would be a nice piece of mind.

Just a thought. :)
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Barrier trials, please. Not for the horses, but for the players.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 year ago Barrier trials, please. Not for the horses, but for the players.
Sign me up
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

Could we get soundness information on stallions in the Stud Book?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Would it be possible to add a checkbox to insure a foal as they are being bred?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Maria Schreuder wrote: 1 year ago Could we get soundness information on stallions in the Stud Book?
I would also love this!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 1 year ago Would it be possible to add a checkbox to insure a foal as they are being bred?
upvote
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

So I love the "Training Chart" in our training barn but I have a suggestion to make it even better.

Currently, if a horse is working out on a specific day the only text we see is "workout."

Is there a way we can make it actually say what the workout is? For example, "3f. Dirt B,Hb"
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)