Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Gwen Morse »

Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 year ago
Maria Schreuder wrote: 1 year ago Could we get soundness information on stallions in the Stud Book?
I would also love this!
Please yes! I would *like* to try to breed for good legs on all my horses but I don't know the situation with outside studs (and I feel too shy to ask every owner)
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Can we get a "not fast/firm" option for the track condition pull down. I don't really care how wet the track is for my like/loves mud horses so it would be great if I could just see all the varied off tracks at once instead of having to select one at a time.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Post by Mark Mclaughlin »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 year ago Can we get a "not fast/firm" option for the track condition pull down. I don't really care how wet the track is for my like/loves mud horses so it would be great if I could just see all the varied off tracks at once instead of having to select one at a time.
+1
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Not gonna lie, I thought that owners of soon to be pensioned sires got like a message or something when that 72 hour mark comes up. Was thusly a bit of a surprise to see Antares being pensioned on the news feed. I wouldn't mind a message because holy cow I had absolutely no idea
I have a stable full of cats
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 1 year ago Not gonna lie, I thought that owners of soon to be pensioned sires got like a message or something when that 72 hour mark comes up. Was thusly a bit of a surprise to see Antares being pensioned on the news feed. I wouldn't mind a message because holy cow I had absolutely no idea
According to the horse history you got notice on week 9 day 3, you paid the 100k which then told you he would pension in 72 hours. Are you sure you didn’t get the warning? Did someone else Pay the 100k?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 1 year ago Not gonna lie, I thought that owners of soon to be pensioned sires got like a message or something when that 72 hour mark comes up. Was thusly a bit of a surprise to see Antares being pensioned on the news feed. I wouldn't mind a message because holy cow I had absolutely no idea
The notice shows up as a Horse Alert message - I think some others have mentioned in the past that if you don't have the horse injury notifications on, you don't see those alerts.
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 1 year ago
According to the horse history you got notice on week 9 day 3, you paid the 100k which then told you he would pension in 72 hours. Are you sure you didn’t get the warning? Did someone else Pay the 100k?
I noticed it showed on the horse history after the fact, but I never got any sort of concrete notification, nor did I ever pay 100k.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Laurel Addams wrote: 1 year ago
The notice shows up as a Horse Alert message - I think some others have mentioned in the past that if you don't have the horse injury notifications on, you don't see those alerts.
This is probably the reason. Thank you
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 1 year ago
Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 1 year ago
I noticed it showed on the horse history after the fact, but I never got any sort of concrete notification, nor did I ever pay 100k.
Had someone paid the 100k there would have been a history item after "Your hourse was found to have declining fertility and will be pensioned in 72 hours" that said simply "Will be pensioned in 72 hours" which was not in this horse's hisory as Brian didn't pay as mentioned. The horse is pensioned 72 hours after the first notice regardless of if the fee is paid as it can't be pensioned right away to make sure the owner has time to pay. Its just if you don't pay its not available to breed to during those 72 hours, if you do it is.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 1 year ago
Laurel Addams wrote: 1 year ago
This is probably the reason. Thank you
Can confirm, this happened to me with Castles Crumble. I am still trying to solve the mystery of why horse alerts were turned off.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Money drain idea for the game. What about capping the number of horses at a farm, or charging a fee if a farm has over a certain number of horses? If there's more than say 1000 horses (hypotheitcal number here) at a farm, it would make sense that the owner should need to buy another farm.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

this is probably stupid but the idea popped into my head:
something that could be cool to add to a horses page or catalog page would be their fastest times at the distances they raced
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

For the horse action drop down on barn pages would we be able to get a “set horse type” so we can change a whole group of horses? For example selecting all my TM yearlings and changing them “TM, NCl”
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

For the horse action drop down on barn pages would we be able to get a “set horse type” so we can change a whole group of horses? For example selecting all my TM yearlings and changing them “TM, NCl”
Second this.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Mr. Lord Derby wrote: 1 year ago Money drain idea for the game. What about capping the number of horses at a farm, or charging a fee if a farm has over a certain number of horses? If there's more than say 1000 horses (hypotheitcal number here) at a farm, it would make sense that the owner should need to buy another farm.
Not necessarily opposed to the concept, but right now, there are 273 farms, and according to Sim Sanctum, over 450,000 horses in the SIM (of which 10,000 plus belong to AJ - would they count towards capacity?). Cap at 1,000 per farm, that's a lot of horses that would need to be booted off farms. Also, if this were to be implemented, there'd probably have to be a way that the farm owner could limit the number of boarders, as opposed to their own horses shipping back after a race/for retirement and being blocked due to a cap or being charged, but on the flip side, that could lead to a disadvantage to those players whose economics don't work for buying a farm.