Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Brandon Schultz »

"I want you to know that I think you chose the perfect equipment for 'XXXX XXXXXX' to race well."

Excuse me Mr./Mrs. Jockey, but, you KNOW I choose the perfect equipment. Why say that you think I did when you know for a fact I did?
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
David Howard
Miler

Post by David Howard »

How about having "Game point sired" as a drop down option in the Status menu on the Racing Barn page?
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Brad Fabman wrote: 1 year ago
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago Yea I 2nd this!! Stewards bred only for Italian last names
Finally! I would have a fighting chance.
My mother's last name is Italian, would that count? If it would, I could get behind this!
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

The ability To have a second (or a few) separate savings accounts for sim money. For saving for a horse to buy, or the next stew auction or just having breeding fee money set aside. One could transfer amounts of sim money into these accounts, and its stays there no matter what unless the player moves it.

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Hope Bentley wrote: 1 year ago The ability To have a second (or a few) separate savings accounts for sim money. For saving for a horse to buy, or the next stew auction or just having breeding fee money set aside. One could transfer amounts of sim money into these accounts, and its stays there no matter what unless the player moves it.
As someone who cannot keep to a budget at all in this game, I would love this more than anything in the world. Especially if the other account(s) were hidden on the main stable page. Being able to move money out of sight would be an absolute god-send to someone who tends to spend what they see... :oops:
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Hope Bentley wrote: 1 year ago The ability To have a second (or a few) separate savings accounts for sim money. For saving for a horse to buy, or the next stew auction or just having breeding fee money set aside. One could transfer amounts of sim money into these accounts, and its stays there no matter what unless the player moves it.
Oh yes, please!!! I miss all the TBS auctions because money just flows out of my hands like water. But I *can* save as long as I don't see it.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I offer to hold all of your moneys for yall
;p
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago For example; if I wanted to buy out and gift away all the dmb slots to people jon doesn’t like
Mr. Lord Chillin' Ha! To clarify, I like and appreciate all the players in the SIM community. Well, except you, I simply tolerate you. Just kidding you're okay.
So you don't have to fret any more about the fake horse, Dave Matthews Band because he is now pensioned.
Additionally, I would state that you don't have to waste any more of your time worrying about me. As a SIMHorseracing Player since 1999, I'm doing just fine.

=======================

My Two Small Things request for this forum topic is:

My request is for an option for a stallion owner to be able to opt-in to a set maximum limit of breedings allowed to a stallion by all other players.

On the Horse Owner page in the Stud Fee & Options section for example: the default stallion settings would be 120 slots.
My opt in request for Maximum Limit Per Player could be set to Unlimited and changed at any time by the owner to 5, 10, 20 and would apply across the board to every SIM player other than the owner.

You would still be able to set your personal Reserve Bookings number as is currently available.
The stallion owner will sell be able to Reserve Bookings for Specific Players.

Thank you, Jon Xett
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Jon Xett wrote: 1 year ago
Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago For example; if I wanted to buy out and gift away all the dmb slots to people jon doesn’t like
Mr. Lord Chillin' Ha! To clarify, I like and appreciate all the players in the SIM community. Well, except you, I simply tolerate you. Just kidding you're okay.
So you don't have to fret any more about the fake horse, Dave Matthews Band because he is now pensioned.
Additionally, I would state that you don't have to waste any more of your time worrying about me. As a SIMHorseracing Player since 1999, I'm doing just fine.

=======================

My Two Small Things request for this forum topic is:

My request is for an option for a stallion owner to be able to opt-in to a set maximum limit of breedings allowed to a stallion by all other players.

On the Horse Owner page in the Stud Fee & Options section for example: the default stallion settings would be 120 slots.
My opt in request for Maximum Limit Per Player could be set to Unlimited and changed at any time by the owner to 5, 10, 20 and would apply across the board to every SIM player other than the owner.

You would still be able to set your personal Reserve Bookings number as is currently available.
The stallion owner will sell be able to Reserve Bookings for Specific Players.

Thank you, Jon Xett
Ew. I just want to comment ew. (Might as well say suck a duck mass breeders)

But what if I could click a button and pre pay for a slot for someone else. Not just my own studs. So I buy a slot for new player to use Danny derby’s world of color, give it to John smith and he can breed his own foal. No other money exchange.
;p
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Mr. Lord Chillin, Ha! I would never say something so hateful as your phrase to another player.

I would point out however that my request would not stop mass breeding by owners who choose to allow other owners to mass breed to their stallion. I do feel, however, that owners should have a right to limit mass breeding if they so choose. My request is just another useful tool in the controversial stallion breeding quiver.

As to your hypothetical question: I am not sure I understand your statement. If you are advocating for raiding another owners stallion slot and gifting a slot to another player without permission, that is something that would never be acceptable.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I think what Andrew means is that slots on the open market could be bought and gifted, rather than immediately used on one's own mare. So say I'm looking at Mahler, he's 60k, I can afford that easy peasy, he has plenty of open slots, now I personally don't have any sufficiently unrelated mares to send to him BUT I know Joe Newboy has recently acquired a pleasant little TS mare to start off his string with but is a bit low on funds. Instead of sending Joe Newboy 60k to cover the fee, or having him lease me the mare so I can breed it to Mahler and then send him the foal, I could just... pay for the slot, as I would for my own mare, but gift wrap it and put a little bow on it, and it shows up in Joe Newboy's inbox, and essentially he has a "free" Mahler breeding to use, which has already been paid for by me, and was publicly available to anyone who wanted to pay money for it anyway.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

What she said. Why y’all thinking I’m trying to steal from someone?
;p
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

"So I buy a slot for new player to use Danny derby’s world of color, give it to John smith and he can breed his own foal. No other money exchange."

How do you buy a stallion slot from an owner and give the slot to another player? You cannot transfer a GP Stallion slot that was sent to you by the stallion owner.
You have to have a mare in the equation somehow.The new player would need to give you the mare and you breed it

==============
Anyway...I said I didn't understand your statement. Shannon explained with an example what you probably meant and you confirmed it. Thanks.

For me, your example sounds similar to gifting ($3500) a game point stallion slot with some sort of transfer. The player is enhancing the SIM experience by helping another player out.

However, your scenario is not a show stopper to my request in my opinion. My request is: for an option for a stallion owner to be able to opt-in to a set maximum limit of breedings allowed to a stallion by all other players. This would be in addition to the GP Stallion Slot.

The showstopper for SIMHorseracing management will most likely be, "impossible to code" or something similar.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I’d like to see the Sim get rid of the GP Stallion Spot gifting. It legitimizes favoritism and cliquiness, while placing a barrier on being able to breed mares.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Danny Derby wrote: 1 year ago I’d like to see the Sim get rid of the GP Stallion Spot gifting. It legitimizes favoritism and cliquiness, while placing a barrier on being able to breed mares.
i find it funny people push for realism in certain parts of the sim like the idea of ‘no gallops’ so it’s closer to real life, discovering talent by working horses and seeing how they do to assess talent but shy away from that same realism when it comes to working with breeders and how connection effects ‘play’

if a breeder wants to send a certain player gp slots it stays closer to true life. In fact with high end studs in real life your mare has to be approved in many cases (i’m not involved in thoroughbred breeding so correct me if i’m wrong). This is basically the closest thing we have to that in the sim. Everyone plays a little differently on the racing end of things, how they train up their young ones etc. why should this not translate to the breeding shed? Someone may campaign their stud differently than others but why should players have a say in whether or not that’s the right way to do it?
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD